Alan Dershowitz: Mueller Is 'Going Well Beyond His Authority as Prosecutor'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Everyone warned about this. This is a really good video actually, I recommend it. Four minutes of direct analysis.

Alan Dershowitz warned that the special counsel appointed to investigate the Trump campaign's connections to Russia is turning constitutional actions into crimes.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller is "going well beyond his authority as a prosecutor," the Harvard law professor emeritus and lifelong Democrat told "Outnumbered Overtime" on Monday.

Mueller has requested documents from the Justice Department regarding the president's firing of FBI Director James Comey and Attorney General Jeff Sessions' recusal from the Russia probe. He is scheduled to interview several White House officials.

"The president is entitled to fire the head of the FBI," Dershowitz said. "The president is entitled to direct his attorney general who to investigate, who not to."

"That's what the law has been since Thomas Jefferson," he added, saying that if we want to change it we must do so in the legislative arena, not through a prosecutor.

"I don't see that the prosecutor should have a right to turn a constitutionally protected act of the president into a crime by speculating on what his motive might have been," he stated.

"These are political sins if they are sins at all. They are not crimes."

"He's going to do the domino game," Dershowitz predicted. He explained that Mueller will indict someone close to the president on an unrelated matter and then press them for more information about Trump and Russia.

This is dangerous because sometimes those targeted in such a way exaggerate, Dershowitz said, because they know that "the better the evidence, the sweeter the deal."

The lawyer said he believes no investigation into either President Trump or Hillary Clinton is warranted, but a bipartisan commission to investigate Russian influence on elections is.

“Show me the man, and i’ll show you the crime.”

We are becoming more like the USSR everyday.

Truth, yo. That's exactly how Mueller got his two indictments. Once you're up in front of the Grand Inquisitioner, They have something on you.

The Mueller investigation has no more credibility than the Salem Witch Trials. Any day now I expect to hear about Mueller throwing people in the river to see if they float.

That is how these things work, it is how they got Bill for doing Monica. Once you open the box, there is no putting the shit back in. Muller can look at anything he wants, just ask Ken Starr

That is how these things work, it is how they got Bill for doing Monica. Once you open the box, there is no putting the shit back in. Muller can look at anything he wants, just ask Ken Starr
Actually, he can’t.

IMG_0539.JPG
Everyone warned about this. This is a really good video actually, I recommend it. Four minutes of direct analysis.

Alan Dershowitz warned that the special counsel appointed to investigate the Trump campaign's connections to Russia is turning constitutional actions into crimes.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller is "going well beyond his authority as a prosecutor," the Harvard law professor emeritus and lifelong Democrat told "Outnumbered Overtime" on Monday.

Mueller has requested documents from the Justice Department regarding the president's firing of FBI Director James Comey and Attorney General Jeff Sessions' recusal from the Russia probe. He is scheduled to interview several White House officials.

"The president is entitled to fire the head of the FBI," Dershowitz said. "The president is entitled to direct his attorney general who to investigate, who not to."

"That's what the law has been since Thomas Jefferson," he added, saying that if we want to change it we must do so in the legislative arena, not through a prosecutor.

"I don't see that the prosecutor should have a right to turn a constitutionally protected act of the president into a crime by speculating on what his motive might have been," he stated.

"He's going to do the domino game," Dershowitz predicted. He explained that Mueller will indict someone close to the president on an unrelated matter and then press them for more information about Trump and Russia.

This is dangerous because sometimes those targeted in such a way exaggerate, Dershowitz said, because they know that "the better the evidence, the sweeter the deal."

The lawyer said he believes no investigation into either President Trump or Hillary Clinton is warranted, but a bipartisan commission to investigate Russian influence on elections is.
Mueller is obligated to investigate anything he finds that is illegal no matter where it leads him
Mueller has more power thanDershwitz can ever wish he had

Truth, yo. That's exactly how Mueller got his two indictments. Once you're up in front of the Grand Inquisitioner, They have something on you.

The Mueller investigation has no more credibility than the Salem Witch Trials. Any day now I expect to hear about Mueller throwing people in the river to see if they float.
Mueller has impeccable credentials and respect. Two things no one has said about the pussygrabber

View attachment 161607

Mueller is obligated to investigate anything he finds that is illegal no matter where it leads him

If Mueller expanded his investigation to include Trump's business transactions 5 months ago like your cartoon shows, we sure haven't heard anything about them. Mueller needs to shit or get off the pot.

:lol:

The enemy of my enemy...

Alan Dershowitz also said that both OJ and Jeffery Epstein were completely innocent.

Most inane bullshit deflection I've ever seen---even on this board, where it is all half educated liberal loons do.

View attachment 161607

If Mueller expanded his investigation to include Trump's business transactions 5 months ago like your cartoon shows, we sure haven't heard anything about them. Mueller needs to shit or get off the pot.
You obviously don't know how criminal investigations work. You go after the little guys first, squeeze them, and then get them to sing on the boss.
Mueller is waiting for the grand finale to hand Trump his indictments.

Mueller has impeccable credentials and respect. Two things no one has said about the pussygrabber

Ahh. But Mueller can be fired, which he should be.

Trump is here for the next 3-7 years.

The enemy of my enemy...

Alan Dershowitz also said that both OJ and Jeffery Epstein were completely innocent.

Most inane bullshit deflection I've ever seen---even on this board, where it is all half educated liberal loons do.

It's not a deflection.

Alan Dershowitz shared his legal opinion. I, as well as many others, disagree. He has a history of saying exactly what he's paid to say.

The law. Why do you guys never research things for yourselves? When he was appointed he was given a scope. If he wishes to veer from that scope he must get permission and show relevance within that scope.
Actually, he can’t.
Actually he can. And who's going to stop him?

The enemy of my enemy...

The enemy of my enemy...

You seem a little butthurt.

Forum List

Back