Why not a huge tax cut for the middle class

While we are all for a tax cut I find it questionable why the middle school tax cut isn't double what is in the bill. My daughter's taxes will increase some while others on each side go down. A sham. A lie. How about severely cutting middle class taxes?
It's not the republican way. They need to keep their big donors happy so they pad their pockets. They could care less about the middle class which makes it a hoot why so many wingnuts support a party that sticks their middle finger at them.

True that, but it is no different for the dems. Unfortunately it is always the wealthy that make out the most with tax cuts. Has been since the Raygun tax cuts.

While we are all for a tax cut I find it questionable why the middle school tax cut isn't double what is in the bill. My daughter's taxes will increase some while others on each side go down. A sham. A lie. How about severely cutting middle class taxes?

because. the point of the tax cuts are to reward GOP donors... ...

It's not the republican way. They need to keep their big donors happy so they pad their pockets. They could care less about the middle class which makes it a hoot why so many wingnuts support a party that sticks their middle finger at them.

True that, but it is no different for the dems. Unfortunately it is always the wealthy that make out the most with tax cuts. Has been since the Raygun tax cuts.

except it IS different from the Dems because Dems don't cut taxes on the top 1% and raise the tax burden on the middle class.

vdp7PND.jpg

You must sacrifice for the private jets.

Wrong. Maybe you weren't around but George W Bush gave us tax rebate checks, insuring anyone making less than $170K or thereabouts would get money in their pocket. I personally think that should have been part of this tax cut plan because it is so complicated it is hard to tell who will get a cut and who won't.

Wrong. Maybe you weren't around but George W Bush gave us tax rebate checks, insuring anyone making less than $170K or thereabouts would get money in their pocket. I personally think that should have been part of this tax cut plan because it is so complicated it is hard to tell who will get a cut and who won't.

Ya, i got $600 back on $70,000 follars of earnings. What do you suppose the uber wealthy got back. Betting it was a huge percentage more.

The middle class is asked to take the brunt of things while the rich laugh all the way to the bank....and we are supposed to live America. Laughable. Truly laughable.

Stop living in ignorance. The "middle class" pay hardly any taxes at all. 45% of Americans PAY NOTHING IN FEDERAL INCOME TAX.

MW-EG288_income_20160224151137_MG.jpg

The top half of earners are paying almost ALL of the freight.

Fig1_0.png

I'd favor a break for those under 30. Pretty much any dough this group gets is going straight back into the economy. At my age major consumer spending is a thing of the past. Plus it is a means to help with the I.O.U. we left them.

No you are wrong. Middle class folk are due for a massive tax cut let's say double what is in the bill. Then start cutting and begin with a bloated military budget.

These are the incoming deficits:

fig%201%20trillion%20dollar%20deficits%20return%20in%202023.png

You know who is really due for a tax cut? NO ONE UNTIL WE DEAL WITH THIS.
Cut spending.

Yea, go ahead, do the heavy lifting, cut the spending, get projected surpluses and then tax-cut.

Look at the Bush's tax cuts - passed at a time when we were forecasted for surpluses - fine. But then we ended up with shit economy, huge revenue shortfall, trillion dollar wars and other expanded spending. We are not getting those trillions back, so the RESPONSIBLE thing to do is to raise taxes to PAY FOR IT.

Don't wan't to raise taxes? Oook lets just kick it down the road and hope interest rates stay low....but now "fiscal hawks!" want ANOTHER huge round of tax cuts in the middle of decent economy and near full employment? That is fiscal insanity defined.

Last edited:
57% of Americans are against this horrendous tax bill. They're just trying to ram it thru because they're so desperate they haven't had even one legislative achievement.
Tell me where I can find a true copy of what is being proposed. I can not find one, always some thing missing. The devil is in the details. Tough to say what it does until we have a real record of what is being propsed!!!!!

There should be no tax cuts at all. We still have a deficit and a very large debt. There should be a large tax increase, on the rich.

There is a strange détente between the alt-R of Brannon Breibart and Cohn Munchin. The common wisdom is the GOP needs something to claim a win for Trump before the 18 elections, and this will be it.

The dems, assuming they can raise any money, will be targeting every gop housemember in Ca, NY, NJ, IL and Va.

The middle class is asked to take the brunt of things while the rich laugh all the way to the bank....and we are supposed to live America. Laughable. Truly laughable.

Stop living in ignorance. The "middle class" pay hardly any taxes at all. 45% of Americans PAY NOTHING IN FEDERAL INCOME TAX.

Fig1_0.png

You're only further proving the point that the wealth in this country is consolidated at the top.

Fig1_0.png

Bullshit, your data does not include payroll taxes and state/local taxes.

Conveniently, the only tax RW ever want to talk about is the one that is most progressive, the rest doesn't exist supposedly.

Here is the true picture of personal tax burden in the US:

pbox.php

The one tax graph you really need to know

How do you know what your taxes will be the bill isn't even out of the senate yet?
If you are in the middle class the news is that you will pay less in taxes next year. PERIOD!!!
Wrong. Under the House bill, my taxes will go up 29 percent.

I see what you did there. It's hilarious. You ask how someone knows their tax will be higher and then you make a claim they will be lower in the same breath! :lol:

Stop parroting the bullshit fed to you by your masters. Stop voluntarily bending over for an ass fucking. It's embarrassing.

See how much your taxes will go up here: Do You Win Or Lose Under The GOP Tax Plan: Find Out For Yourself Here

Forum List

Back