Why Muslims See the Crusades So Differently from Christians

The Koran is full of oppression, hate and violence towards non-muslims.
Why do the Left Wingers defend it?
Because it is also filled with tolerance and humanity. Not unlike the Bible.

What is it about these recurring mass murders of innocent Human Beings buy blood thirsty Islamist that you don’t get?
This is not fake, they are real people who are being slaughtered.
The Koran is 1400 years old. If it was the source of the mass murders wouldn't all of Islamic history been filled with such events? Why has it only recently been such an issue? If it is not the source, attacking it will be counterproductive in the extreme.

OK, you are going to defend terrorism. congratulations
He's got to be a Muslim.

The Koran is full of oppression, hate and violence towards non-muslims.
Why do the Left Wingers defend it?

What is it about these recurring mass murders of innocent Human Beings buy blood thirsty Islamist that you don’t get?
The Koran is 1400 years old. If it was the source of the mass murders wouldn't all of Islamic history been filled with such events? Why has it only recently been such an issue? If it is not the source, attacking it will be counterproductive in the extreme.

He's got to be a Muslim.
I'm neither a Muslim nor a Christian. I just weigh the Koran and the Bible on the same scale and don't find them so terribly different. I also don't find the actions of Muslims today to be very different from the Christians of 600 years ago.

The Crusades were an organized effort to reclaim the Holy lands. Notice how all the Muslim apologists never mention the 500 years of Muslim wars to take Europe and Spain?
You were going to mention the colonization of the Middle East by the Europeans weren't you?

The Crusades were an organized effort to reclaim the Holy lands. Notice how all the Muslim apologists never mention the 500 years of Muslim wars to take Europe and Spain?

We could. The first invasion into Sicily was from the Kindites. They have been around for a very long time....before Islam. This is Ossama Bin Laden's tribe (I think) that is in Yemen. There was a Kindah Kingdom once upon a time and this is believed to be the major city.
Al-Faw Pre-Islamic City in Central Arabia (Qariah) - UNESCO World Heritage Centre

At any rate, these guys failed and left. Then some 40 years later it really began in began in Sicily.

He's got to be a Muslim.
I'm neither a Muslim nor a Christian. I just weigh the Koran and the Bible on the same scale and don't find them so terribly different. I also don't find the actions of Muslims today to be very different from the Christians of 600 years ago.
Then you are a fool.

He's got to be a Muslim.
Then you are a fool.
But a fool who knows his history and who is not blinded by hated. Also a fool who knows who his real enemies are.

He's got to be a Muslim.
Then you are a fool.
But a fool who knows his history and who is not blinded by hated. Also a fool who knows who his real enemies are.
If you don't see a difference between Islam and Christianity, then you are a fool. Sorry, but it's the truth. I could spell it out for you, but I just know I'd be wasting my time. Sucks to be you.

If you don't see a difference between Islam and Christianity, then you are a fool. Sorry, but it's the truth. I could spell it out for you, but I just know I'd be wasting my time. Sucks to be you.
I don't believe you could spell it out but I do believe you'd be wasting my time. I doubt you know very much about either religion.

I don't believe you could spell it out but I do believe you'd be wasting my time. I doubt you know very much about either religion.
Christians do NOT believe murdering non believers is the correct thing to do just for starters.

Christians do NOT believe murdering non believers is the correct thing to do just for starters.
Spanish Inquisition

Spanish Inquisition
ya 600 years ago. Guess what stupid the religion went through a reformation and changed its stance. Meanwhile today the Muslims still believe in murdering innocents for disbelieving in a religion.

ya 600 years ago. Guess what stupid the religion went through a reformation and changed its stance. Meanwhile today the Muslims still believe in murdering innocents for disbelieving in a religion.
You overlook two things:
  • 600 years ago Christianity was 1400 years old, about the same as Islam is today.
  • Neither the Koran nor the Bible has changed in the last 600 years. So the same book that gave justification to the Spanish Inquisition is the same one that Christians live by today. Likewise the religion of the Koran, the religion that gave refuge to Jews fleeing the Spanish Inquisition is the same one that Palestinians read.

I really don't give a rats ass how Muslims view history. They are encouraged to lie, cheat, steal, and murder...as long as doing so promotes Islam. Everywhere Islam holds sway, there is suffering and death. Nothing good has ever come from Islam. Not one damned thing.
You may not be aware that when the Crusaders took Jerusalem they killed the Muslims that lived there. When the Muslims retook the city they spared the Christians. Which is the religion of peace?

you are a victim of Islamic revisionist history-----In the usa the filth you parrot is most often promulgated in the weekly Khutbah Jumaat feces fling, I have witnessed that
shit, Muslims, in the course of their "GLORIOUS AGE OF CONQUEST ---murdered not in the MILLIONS but in the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS--------and counting. Your assertion ----"YOU MAY NOT BE AWARE..." is sorta SICK.-----but you are right---
most people are not AWARE. The fact of Islamic barbarity is NEWS to lots of
people. For the record----the Christians were also barbaric back then. They have
repudiated that sort of filth--------I hope--PERMANENTLY-----Muslims take great pride in their continued barbarity

It’s often said that winners dictate history. Not so for the medieval holy wars called the Crusades.

Muslim forces ultimately expelled the European Christians who invaded the eastern Mediterranean repeatedly in the 12th and 13th centuries—and thwarted their effort to regain control of sacred Holy Land sites such as Jerusalem. Still, most histories of the Crusades offer a largely one-sided view, drawn originally from European medieval chronicles, then filtered through 18th and 19th-century Western scholars.

But how did Muslims at the time view the invasions? (Not always so contentiously, it turns out.) And what did they think of the European interlopers? (One common cliché: “unwashed barbarians.”) For a nuanced view of the medieval Muslim world, HISTORY talked with two prominent scholars: Paul M. Cobb, professor of Islamic History at the University of Pennsylvania, author of Race for Paradise: An Islamic History of the Crusades, and Suleiman A. Mourad, a professor of religion at Smith College and author of The Mosaic of Islam.

HISTORY: Broadly speaking, how do Islamic perspectives on the Crusades differ from those of the Christian sources from Western Europe?
Suleiman Mourad: If we wrote the history of the Crusades based on Islamic narratives, it would be a completely different story altogether. There were no doubt wars and bloodshed, but that wasn’t the only or dominant story. There was also coexistence, political compromise, trade, scientific exchange, love. We have poetry and chronicles with evidence of mixed marriages.

Why Muslims See the Crusades So Differently from Christians

This is an interesting read--as long as you can deal with short paragraph answers and keep your yabuts at bay.
Fascinating article!

I really don't give a rats ass how Muslims view history. They are encouraged to lie, cheat, steal, and murder...as long as doing so promotes Islam. Everywhere Islam holds sway, there is suffering and death. Nothing good has ever come from Islam. Not one damned thing.
You may not be aware that when the Crusaders took Jerusalem they killed the Muslims that lived there. When the Muslims retook the city they spared the Christians. Which is the religion of peace?
Yeah. They spared them because they wanted slaves. Also, I've never heard of Muslims surrendering. So yeah. Need to kill them all. BTW. The only way to defeat Islam is to kill them. However many it takes. They're like cockroaches. You can reduce the infestation, but it is difficult to eradicate.
Actually they ransomed the wealthier, a standard practice of the day, but let the poorer one go free. Amazing how your hate blinds you and makes you sound like a murdering barbarian. I wonder what your fellow Christians think of your example?

if alang it not a muslim----it is not its fault that it has absorbed Islamic propaganda----
the media is saturated with that filth. Alang----my hubby was born into DHIMMI
status in a shariah shit hole------feel free to ask questions about the filth you so happily ENDORSE

you are a victim of Islamic revisionist history-----In the usa the filth you parrot is most often promulgated in the weekly Khutbah Jumaat feces fling, I have witnessed that
shit, Muslims, in the course of their "GLORIOUS AGE OF CONQUEST ---murdered not in the MILLIONS but in the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS--------and counting. Your assertion ----"YOU MAY NOT BE AWARE..." is sorta SICK.-----but you are right---
people. For the record----the Christians were also barbaric back then. They have
repudiated that sort of filth--------I hope--PERMANENTLY-----Muslims take great pride in their continued barbarity
Atrocities committed against the inhabitants of cities taken by storm after a siege were the norm in ancient and medieval warfare. The Crusaders had already done so at Antioch, and Fatimids had done so themselves at Taormina, at Rometta, and at Tyre. However, the massacre of the inhabitants of Jerusalem may have exceeded even these standards.[13][14][15]

Saladin preferred to take Jerusalem without bloodshed and offered generous terms...

You are the one revising history. See this and this. If I am wrong please provide your links.

if alang it not a muslim----it is not its fault that it has absorbed Islamic propaganda----
the media is saturated with that filth. Alang----my hubby was born into DHIMMI
status in a shariah shit hole------feel free to ask questions about the filth you so happily ENDORSE
Dhimmi is an Arabic term from the Koran meaning "protected person" and applied to non-Muslims living Muslim lands.

According to scholars, dhimmis had their rights fully protected in their communities, but as citizens in the Islamic state, had certain restrictions,[3] and it was obligatory for them to pay the jizya tax, which complemented the zakat, or alms, paid by the Muslim subjects.[4] Dhimmis were exempt from certain duties assigned specifically to Muslims, and did not enjoy certain political rights reserved for Muslims, but were otherwise equal under the laws of property, contract, and obligation.[5][6][7]

I don't have first hand knowledge but it is probably not unlike Muslims living in Israel or the West Bank.

Atrocities committed against the inhabitants of cities taken by storm after a siege were the norm in ancient and medieval warfare. The Crusaders had already done so at Antioch, and Fatimids had done so themselves at Taormina, at Rometta, and at Tyre. However, the massacre of the inhabitants of Jerusalem may have exceeded even these standards.[13][14][15]

Saladin preferred to take Jerusalem without bloodshed and offered generous terms...

You are the one revising history. See this and this. If I am wrong please provide your links.

I do not need your citations------I am fully aware of what was going on back then----
and fully cognizant of the silly revisionism that you have swallowed. Now for
a lesson. SALADIN was an EXCEPTION TO THE RULE of Islamic conquest
which was GROSS BARBARITY. It would be correct to say that he was the
EXCEPTION THAT PROVES THE RULE and why so many propagandaists CITE
him. Interestingly he was not an arab-----he was a BERBER---today would be
called a KURD (is that not fascinating?) SO? His policies did not ameliorate
the REST OF THE FILTH ---both before and after and even during-----he was just
an ODDITY Interestingly-----the history that I LEARNED -----lauds Saladin for the
SINGULAR ----not so bad guy-------that he was---IN COMPARISON. Feel free
to ask questions------I have relatives, mostly thru marriage, who are SURVIVORS
of the filth that you imagine did not happen. GENERATIONAL FAMILY
LEGACY is a lot better than any silly citation from an arm-chair "historian"
For the record----ATATURK was a real moderator of the stink of shariah----
but his legacy is being destroyed right now (I have relatives who fled the
inquisition------to Turkey------where they were then forced to FLEE TO THE
HILLS to find refuge with the KURDS

Forum List

Back