Why Muslims See the Crusades So Differently from Christians

if alang it not a muslim----it is not its fault that it has absorbed Islamic propaganda----
the media is saturated with that filth. Alang----my hubby was born into DHIMMI
status in a shariah shit hole------feel free to ask questions about the filth you so happily ENDORSE
Dhimmi is an Arabic term from the Koran meaning "protected person" and applied to non-Muslims living Muslim lands.

According to scholars, dhimmis had their rights fully protected in their communities, but as citizens in the Islamic state, had certain restrictions,[3] and it was obligatory for them to pay the jizya tax, which complemented the zakat, or alms, paid by the Muslim subjects.[4] Dhimmis were exempt from certain duties assigned specifically to Muslims, and did not enjoy certain political rights reserved for Muslims, but were otherwise equal under the laws of property, contract, and obligation.[5][6][7]

I don't have first hand knowledge but it is probably not unlike Muslims living in Israel or the West Bank.

Oh----I was right-----you are reading the revisionist islamo Nazi propaganda-----feel free to ask questions

if alang it not a muslim----it is not its fault that it has absorbed Islamic propaganda----
status in a shariah shit hole------feel free to ask questions about the filth you so happily ENDORSE
Dhimmi is an Arabic term from the Koran meaning "protected person" and applied to non-Muslims living Muslim lands.

According to scholars, dhimmis had their rights fully protected in their communities, but as citizens in the Islamic state, had certain restrictions,[3] and it was obligatory for them to pay the jizya tax, which complemented the zakat, or alms, paid by the Muslim subjects.[4] Dhimmis were exempt from certain duties assigned specifically to Muslims, and did not enjoy certain political rights reserved for Muslims, but were otherwise equal under the laws of property, contract, and obligation.[5][6][7]

I don't have first hand knowledge but it is probably not unlike Muslims living in Israel or the West Bank.

|You are quite a joke "ACCORDING TO SCHOLARS....." Why not ask a DHIMMI? I have known many very well. My hubby was born a DHIMMI.
"FULL RIGHTS"???? feel free to ask questions--------I got DETAILS from
RELIABLE SURVIVORS

If you don't see a difference between Islam and Christianity, then you are a fool. Sorry, but it's the truth. I could spell it out for you, but I just know I'd be wasting my time. Sucks to be you.
I don't believe you could spell it out but I do believe you'd be wasting my time. I doubt you know very much about either religion.
Christians do NOT believe murdering non believers is the correct thing to do just for starters.
Spanish Inquisition

right----the Spanish inquisition--------over and done with for centuries-----the FILTH OF DHIMMIA remains part and parcel of SHARIAH LAW------muslim "scholars" have never repudiated that STINK

I do not need your citations------I am fully aware of what was going on back then----
and fully cognizant of the silly revisionism that you have swallowed. Now for
a lesson. SALADIN was an EXCEPTION TO THE RULE of Islamic conquest
which was GROSS BARBARITY. It would be correct to say that he was the
EXCEPTION THAT PROVES THE RULE and why so many propagandaists CITE
him. Interestingly he was not an arab-----he was a BERBER---today would be
called a KURD (is that not fascinating?) SO? His policies did not ameliorate
the REST OF THE FILTH ---both before and after and even during-----he was just
an ODDITY Interestingly-----the history that I LEARNED -----lauds Saladin for the
SINGULAR ----not so bad guy-------that he was---IN COMPARISON. Feel free
to ask questions------I have relatives, mostly thru marriage, who are SURVIVORS
of the filth that you imagine did not happen. GENERATIONAL FAMILY
LEGACY is a lot better than any silly citation from an arm-chair "historian"
For the record----ATATURK was a real moderator of the stink of shariah----
but his legacy is being destroyed right now (I have relatives who fled the
inquisition------to Turkey------where they were then forced to FLEE TO THE
HILLS to find refuge with the KURDS
Thanks, someday I'd love to hear your family anecdotes.

Let's not forget that when the Jews were expelled from Spain, followed by the Inquisition, they generally didn't go to another Christian country, they went to the Muslim-controlled areas of Spain.

I do not need your citations------I am fully aware of what was going on back then----
and fully cognizant of the silly revisionism that you have swallowed. Now for
a lesson. SALADIN was an EXCEPTION TO THE RULE of Islamic conquest
which was GROSS BARBARITY. It would be correct to say that he was the
EXCEPTION THAT PROVES THE RULE and why so many propagandaists CITE
him. Interestingly he was not an arab-----he was a BERBER---today would be
called a KURD (is that not fascinating?) SO? His policies did not ameliorate
the REST OF THE FILTH ---both before and after and even during-----he was just
an ODDITY Interestingly-----the history that I LEARNED -----lauds Saladin for the
SINGULAR ----not so bad guy-------that he was---IN COMPARISON. Feel free
to ask questions------I have relatives, mostly thru marriage, who are SURVIVORS
of the filth that you imagine did not happen. GENERATIONAL FAMILY
LEGACY is a lot better than any silly citation from an arm-chair "historian"
For the record----ATATURK was a real moderator of the stink of shariah----
but his legacy is being destroyed right now (I have relatives who fled the
inquisition------to Turkey------where they were then forced to FLEE TO THE
HILLS to find refuge with the KURDS
Thanks, someday I'd love to hear your family anecdotes.

Let's not forget that when the Jews were expelled from Spain, followed by the Inquisition, they generally didn't go to another Christian country, they went to the Muslim-controlled areas of Spain.

lets not forget-----that you are very confused. When the jews were expelled from
Spain (1492) the RECONQUISTA of Spain by the Christians had already happened. THE MUSLIMS WERE GONE FROM THE IBERIAN PENNINSULA by then---------Learn some real history------FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS. Please do not give up------you have potential

You are quite a joke "ACCORDING TO SCHOLARS....." Why not ask a DHIMMI? I have known many very well. My hubby was born a DHIMMI.
RELIABLE SURVIVORS
Did your husband have any problems living as a Dhimmi under the Koran or under the local interpretation of it?

Oh----I was right-----you are reading the revisionist islamo Nazi propaganda-----feel free to ask questions
What did I write that was incorrect?

You are quite a joke "ACCORDING TO SCHOLARS....." Why not ask a DHIMMI? I have known many very well. My hubby was born a DHIMMI.
RELIABLE SURVIVORS
Did your husband have any problems living as a Dhimmi under the Koran or under the local interpretation of it?

he was rescued from the shariah shit hole as an infant-----his MOTHER ---as an orphaned jewish girl faced enslavement to the local imam----and rape and forced
conversion-------so she was HIDDEN ------sound familiar? Muslims are still at it
in various Islamic shit holes-----even today. Hubby barely escaped the 1947 INFANT THROAT SLITTING PARTY -----put on by the muslims in the city in which he had resided----by then his family had escaped. Unfortunately---by then he had contracted a serious illness-----endemic to that shit hole-------but he did survive-----not so his
younger brother

What did I write that was incorrect?

"Full rights" "protected"------very incorrect. I will give you a very minor example. Did you know that in an ISLAMIC COURT OF LAW------the testimony
of a non muslim is MEANINGLESS against a muslim? Furthermore----a murder
of a non muslim by a muslim cannot be considered a CAPITAL CRIME------at most it is penalized by a small fine------"blood money" payable to a the relatives of the
murdered person-------as !/4 the standard value of a MUSLIM LIFE. Even so---most of the time it is simply--------not prosecuted-------because a non muslim cannot testify against a muslim. In modern times------you might remember the murder of the
jewish journalist DANIEL PEARL in Pakistan--------strictly speaking it was LEGAL
in Islamic law. Musharaff-----the president of Pakistan---UNDER INTERNATIONAL
pressure created a NON MUSLIM COURT just for that case in order to
come up with a guilty of murder verdict. It did happen------but the last I have heard---the murderers are STILL PENDING EXECUTION. According to Islamic law----a muslim CANNOT BE EXECUTED FOR MURDERING A NON MUSLIM. Now tell me more about the PROTECTED PEOPLE. Hubby;s grandmother was raped and
murdered along with her two babies. No prosecution-----but the good news is that the
event did motivate his GRANDFATHER to save his own son-------and his little
daughter-in-law from the FILTH THAT YOU SO ADMIRE

lets not forget-----that you are very confused. When the jews were expelled from
Spain (1492) the RECONQUISTA of Spain by the Christians had already happened. THE MUSLIMS WERE GONE FROM THE IBERIAN PENNINSULA by then---------Learn some real history------FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS. Please do not give up------you have potential
You're quite right, I was off by a number of months, but my point is still valid:

The Spanish Jews who chose to leave Spain instead of converting, dispersed throughout the region of North Africa known as the Maghreb. In those regions, they often intermingled with the already existing Mizrahi Arabic or Berber speaking communities, becoming the ancestors of the Moroccan, Algerian, Tunisian and Libyan Jewish communities.

Many Spanish Jews also fled to the Ottoman Empire, where they were given refuge. Sultan Bayezid II of the Ottoman Empire, learning about the expulsion of Jews from Spain, dispatched the Ottoman Navy to bring the Jews safely to Ottoman lands, mainly to the cities of Thessaloniki (currently in Greece) and İzmir (currently in Turkey).[14] Many of these Jews also settled in other parts of the Balkans ruled by the Ottomans such as the areas that are now Bulgaria, Serbia and Bosnia. Bayezid II was alleged to have quoted that: "Those who say that Ferdinand and Isabella are wise are indeed fools; for he gives me, his enemy, his national treasure, the Jews."​

RELIABLE SURVIVORS

he was rescued from the shariah shit hole as an infant-----his MOTHER ---as an orphaned jewish girl faced enslavement to the local imam----and rape and forced
conversion-------so she was HIDDEN ------sound familiar? Muslims are still at it
in various Islamic shit holes-----even today. Hubby barely escaped the 1947 INFANT THROAT SLITTING PARTY -----put on by the muslims in the city in which he had resided----by then his family had escaped. Unfortunately---by then he had contracted a serious illness-----endemic to that shit hole-------but he did survive-----not so his
younger brother
Inexcusable ugliness without doubt. But I don't think any of the actions are sanctioned in the Koran.

You're quite right, I was off by a number of months, but my point is still valid:

The Spanish Jews who chose to leave Spain instead of converting, dispersed throughout the region of North Africa known as the Maghreb. In those regions, they often intermingled with the already existing Mizrahi Arabic or Berber speaking communities, becoming the ancestors of the Moroccan, Algerian, Tunisian and Libyan Jewish communities.

Many Spanish Jews also fled to the Ottoman Empire, where they were given refuge. Sultan Bayezid II of the Ottoman Empire, learning about the expulsion of Jews from Spain, dispatched the Ottoman Navy to bring the Jews safely to Ottoman lands, mainly to the cities of Thessaloniki (currently in Greece) and İzmir (currently in Turkey).[14] Many of these Jews also settled in other parts of the Balkans ruled by the Ottomans such as the areas that are now Bulgaria, Serbia and Bosnia. Bayezid II was alleged to have quoted that: "Those who say that Ferdinand and Isabella are wise are indeed fools; for he gives me, his enemy, his national treasure, the Jews."​

almost accurate but not quite. What jews did that fled Spain was gravitate to
Jewish communities wherever they were. It was nothing new-----even before
the Spanish inquisition ----when jews faced extreme oppression BY MUSLIMS
in Moorish spain ------they fled to other jewish communities in the area-----
some of which were in the hands of muslims------INTERESTINGLY like Saladin---who as muslims go was simply NOT SO BAD. BUT jews also fled to parts of Europe and
ASIA that had nothing to do with muslims. In fact-----the REASON that there are more "ASHKENAZI" jews in the world than "SEPHARDIC" jews----is the fact that
MORE JEWS SURVIVED IN CHRISTIAN LANDS THAN IN MUSLIM LANDS. The RHINE VALLEY (read that Germany) was also a refuge when muslims INVADED
SOUTHERN FRANCE------even INDIA was a refuge------and the AMERICAS------
The entire story of jews at that time and for centuries was MIGRATION to places
where things were "better than here-----or there" Not "good" ---just not SO BAD.
Polish jews who ESCAPED Poland during world war II-----fled to Russia------from really bad to slightly better. In fact-----in the late 19th century-----southern blacks
escaped ------to NORTHERN STATES-------not so good ---but slightly better.
Feel free to ask questions

RELIABLE SURVIVORS

younger brother
Inexcusable ugliness without doubt. But I don't think any of the actions are sanctioned in the Koran.

You obviously never read the Koran and you are completely ignorant of shariah law.
You are misled by propaganda which PICKS OUT THE NICEST verses in the Koran.
Interestingly, most of those nice verses are lifted from the TALMUD.

RELIABLE SURVIVORS

younger brother

for the record----SHARIAH LAW is ELABORATED by Islamic scholars. Although
some muslims INSIST it IT IS ALL STATED EXPLICITLY IN THE KORAN------it
ain't really so. The DEMAND "show me in the Koran" ----is just cynical BS

RELIABLE SURVIVORS

younger brother

You obviously never read the Koran and you are completely ignorant of shariah law.
You are misled by propaganda which PICKS OUT THE NICEST verses in the Koran.
Interestingly, most of those nice verses are lifted from the TALMUD.
Like an unforgiving God, incest, brother killing brother? Yeah, that's real nice.

On other threads Irosie has stated that her husband's family migrated from the muslim land where he was born when he was still a baby.

Yet, she still insists on disingenuously casting him as a first hand eye witness in her nonsense posts about Islam and muslims. ...... :cuckoo:

It’s often said that winners dictate history. Not so for the medieval holy wars called the Crusades.

Muslim forces ultimately expelled the European Christians who invaded the eastern Mediterranean repeatedly in the 12th and 13th centuries—and thwarted their effort to regain control of sacred Holy Land sites such as Jerusalem. Still, most histories of the Crusades offer a largely one-sided view, drawn originally from European medieval chronicles, then filtered through 18th and 19th-century Western scholars.

But how did Muslims at the time view the invasions? (Not always so contentiously, it turns out.) And what did they think of the European interlopers? (One common cliché: “unwashed barbarians.”) For a nuanced view of the medieval Muslim world, HISTORY talked with two prominent scholars: Paul M. Cobb, professor of Islamic History at the University of Pennsylvania, author of Race for Paradise: An Islamic History of the Crusades, and Suleiman A. Mourad, a professor of religion at Smith College and author of The Mosaic of Islam.

HISTORY: Broadly speaking, how do Islamic perspectives on the Crusades differ from those of the Christian sources from Western Europe?
Suleiman Mourad: If we wrote the history of the Crusades based on Islamic narratives, it would be a completely different story altogether. There were no doubt wars and bloodshed, but that wasn’t the only or dominant story. There was also coexistence, political compromise, trade, scientific exchange, love. We have poetry and chronicles with evidence of mixed marriages.

Why Muslims See the Crusades So Differently from Christians

This is an interesting read--as long as you can deal with short paragraph answers and keep your yabuts at bay.
The two key names to remember in this skirmish are (1) Guy De Lusignan and (2) Saladin.

Guy's vast army ran out of water and Saladin prevented them from resupplying with it or reaching any of the sparse springs.

So the Crusaders became exhausted and Saladin's army was able to slaughter all of them.

Battle of Hattin - Wikipedia

Well, Saladin Da Wunderfulll liked to burn down forts with their entire garrisons and refugees in them, for one, and for two, the only reason Jerusalem was spared by Muslims was because the pilgrims were worth a lot of money and nobody wanted to stop the pilgrimages, too much loot in it. The Crusaders were merely fighting back, against Islamic invaders., not 'conquering new lands for Jesus', just driving out squatters and bandits. They put Jerusalem to the sword because the city refused to surrender, and that was the custom of the times for cities who refused to surrender to armies; they got sacked and looted. Duh.

As for 'Da Inquisition', the Spanish and Portuguese ones sentenced maybe 3,000 to 5,000 to death, but there is no record of how many were actually executed; the Roman Inquisition didn't execute anybody at the time, and very few over the next 400 years, after the Cathars, who were just a collection of crooks anyway. And, the reason for the Inquisitions was to weed out traitors and fifth columnists from the recently liberated territories, since Jews got along quite famously with Muslims when it came to persecuting Christians,, and were famous for always siding with Islmao-Invaders against Christians. Both Muslims and Jews got choices, to convert or emigrate, a much better deal then they ever gave anybody else, so they can't snivel about any of it; they should have just been sincere about converting or done better jobs of pretending to be converts, that's all.

As for the states set up after the Crusade of 1097, there is zero record of any discontent among Muslims under Crusader rule. It always sucks when your tribe consistently backs losers for a couple thousand years. At least this should put to rest the myth that Jews are more intelligent than everybody else. lol

On other threads Irosie has stated that her husband's family migrated from the muslim land where he was born when he was still a baby.

Yet, she still insists on disingenuously casting him as a first hand eye witness in her nonsense posts about Islam and muslims. ...... :cuckoo:

Well, at least many educated Muslims are less racist than most Orthodox Jews, whom with Rosie claims she felt the most comfortable with, hence why she always just starts calling everybody 'Nazis' in these threads if they don't kiss her ass.

I don't think the Koran is any better or worse than any other holy book and the few Muslims I know personally are exceptionally fine people. There are some cultures in the Middle East that have some serious growing up to do.

Forum List

Back