The need to make churches pay tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
esp since they do not endorse the Johnson Amendment but Trump said he repealed it, it may be in the new tax cut , who knows.

Evangelical Faux Churches are popping up everywhere and they serve drinks under the pretense of "Communion". (we have on in our town)

Dan Johnson the Rep who just committed suicide used his home as a tax exempt church, not all were welcome, and they sold beer and drinks under the pretense of Communion, but he didn't quite sell beer, he lied and said it was a donation.

You can read and research the The Pope's Long Con , google it.

Since we can't maintain the division of Church and State, we need to start making churches pay tax, esp those Evan ones on TV.

I hope when the Dems get in and they will, they do this.

Faux preachers have abused this tax free status for far toooo long.

esp since they do not endorse the Johnson Amendment but Trump said he repealed it, it may be in the new tax cut , who knows.

Evangelical Faux Churches are popping up everywhere and they serve drinks under the pretense of "Communion". (we have on in our town)

Dan Johnson the Rep who just committed suicide used his home as a tax exempt church, not all were welcome, and they sold beer and drinks under the pretense of Communion, but he didn't quite sell beer, he lied and said it was a donation.

Since we can't maintain the division of Church and State, we need to start making churches pay tax, esp those Evan ones on TV.

The Johnson amendment is unconstitutional, as the 1st amendment never States that Churches cannot have political opinions.

And those televangelists do pay taxes on their own incomes, it's the Church itself that's treated as non-profit.

College football teams are non-profits, yet they pay their coaches millions of dollars and taxpayers buy their stadiums.

You're worried about some dope serving beer and taking money, while calling himself a church? If he has a church building, no way he could sell enough beer to pay the electric bill, let alone declare a profit to pay taxes on. Or, is his church open Friday and Saturday nights, sells mixed drinks, and has karaoke?

Last edited:
Most importantly they need to tax these preachers that are getting rich and tax free.

Yes I'm looking at you Joel Osteen.

The CEOs of every large secular charity are getting rich. The same for the aforementioned college football coaches. Except, these non-church non-profits also often also get lots of taxpayer money. Why single out pastors?

Most importantly they need to tax these preachers that are getting rich and tax free.

Yes I'm looking at you Joel Osteen.

The CEOs of every large secular charity are getting rich. The same for the aforementioned college football coaches. Except, these non-church non-profits also often also get lots of taxpayer money. Why single out pastors?

Why? I was just making an example... tax them all, but these guys like Olsteen who defend getting rich off their religion, by saying it must be God's will, make me sick.

Say goodbye to non profits then. Of course, that's NOT what you wanted. You want only to attack churches.

Why? I was just making an example... tax them all, but these guys like Olsteen who defend getting rich off their religion, by saying it must be God's will, make me sick.

If there were a way of preventing Olsteen and other phony preachers from living in massive mansions bought with donated money, I'd be for it, as long as it didn't trample of religious freedom nor discriminate on the basis of religion.

Mosques too?
All of them. Synagogues, Cthulhu World Domination branch offices, Mosques, Scientologist torture chambers, Hindu Temples - every colander worn as headgear by every Pastafarian - TAX THEM ALL!!

Especially the Baptists.

And those televangelists do pay taxes on their own incomes, it's the Church itself that's treated as non-profit.
Why should it be?

Non-profit battered women's shelters pay property taxes. Churches don't. Why shouldn't they?

Why should it be?

Non-profit battered women's shelters pay property taxes. Churches don't. Why shouldn't they?

Ask each individual State that question, as there is no such thing as a federal property tax.

Most States limit it to worship services, welfare services, and schooling services.

Why should it be?

Sorry found this later. Actually other non-profits can be exempt as well.

Property Tax Exemptions

From one of the documents:

In general, the Welfare Exemption from local property taxes is available for property of organizations: • Formed and operated exclusively for qualifying purposes (religious, scientific, hospital, or charitable), • That use their property exclusively for those qualifying purposes, and • That have a current tax exempt letter from the Internal Revenue Service or the Franchise Tax Board. The above requirements, along with others, must be met for the exemption to be granted. The nonprofit organization must be a community chest, fund, foundation, corporation, or eligible limited liability company

Congress shall make no law.

Taxes are laws.

Not difficult to understand
don't cherry pick the first amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Giving religions a pass on taxes is passing a law respecting the establishment of religion. So the tax free ride the business of religion gets violates the first amendment. Taxing the business of religion does not interfere with the free exercise of religion it simply treats religion like any other business

Say goodbye to non profits then. Of course, that's NOT what you wanted. You want only to attack churches.
That's fine with me.

All a business has to do to be a nonprofit is to show zero profit at the end of every year there is no need for special tax exemptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back