Why Most White People Don't Speak Out Against Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am white. I speak out against racism. And that includes black racism and bashing cops and ignoring the HUGE black on black crime and disguising that few police shootings as some kind of racism bullshit.

.Here is a prime example of a white racist.
Here is a prize example of someone who thinks whites are evil. You are the racist here, nitwit.

I am white. I speak out against racism. And that includes black racism and bashing cops and ignoring the HUGE black on black crime and disguising that few police shootings as some kind of racism bullshit.

Here is a prize example of someone who thinks whites are evil. You are the racist here, nitwit.

Your response that triggered IM2 last response, is an example of what on the point made in my thread topic "Random Points". Whites often argue or dissent against claims of blacks experiencing racism or that incident with the police was racially influenced, as if all whites know what is in the hearts and minds of other whites. You all act as if being white is like being the "Borg" from Star Trek next generation. Granted, blacks can't read minds either, but we have a long history and continued negative behavior towards blacks from whites that is driving our opinions.

No one admits that they are racist in this day and age. People in the Klan do not consider themselves "Racist". People are trying to not appear racist because overt displays of racism, today, can produce profession and social consequences. Hence, you cannot glean racism using old standards from back in the 60's, looking for evidence of use of the N word or making outright racially prejudice rhetoric.

Your response that triggered IM2 last response, is an example of what on the point made in my thread topic "Random Points". Whites often argue or dissent against claims of blacks experiencing racism or that incident with the police was racially influenced, as if all whites know what is in the hearts and minds of other whites. You all act as if being white is like being the "Borg" from Star Trek next generation. Granted, blacks can't read minds either, but we have a long history and continued negative behavior towards blacks from whites that is driving our opinions.

No one admits that they are racist in this day and age. People in the Klan do not consider themselves "Racist". People are trying to not appear racist because overt displays of racism, today, can produce profession and social consequences. Hence, you cannot glean racism using old standards from back in the 60's, looking for evidence of use of the N word or making outright racially prejudice rhetoric.
Maybe you should tell those things to the members of this forum obsessed with racism.

Maybe you should tell those things to the members of this forum obsessed with racism.

He is when he's talking to each of you white posters who are in multiple threads dissing blacks and trying to tell us blacks about black culture. You take a look at every thread you sorry SOB and you see most of them are threads by whites to denigrate blacks. The you come in with your psychosis pretending that you're not a racist or obsessed with race.

I have a stepson who is white. So much for your claim dumb ass.

I had to go recheck the topic of the forum to be sure.....but this is the "Race Relations/Racism" forum....is it not? Why does commenting about racism, in a forum about racism, make it an obsession, as opposed to the subject?

...c.

So, you admit that you conclude that a white is thinking racism, based on the actions of other whites in the past.

Mmm, yeah. And that type of shit is why whites so often argue or dissent against claims of blacks experiencing racism.

Because we can see that what you are claiming is racism, is often NOT.

Just read it and find out how you've been a race baited sucker for your entire life.
Entities like Lastamender and his ilk won't read it, they can't, as it totally wipes out their bogus belief system and talking points.

Bogus? What would you call this victim hood you teach children who have never been segregated or forced to the back of a bus to whine instead of trying to better themselves. Stop your race baiting before you lecture anyone else.

And that's how stupid your white ass is. You think because overt racism doesn't exist that there is no racism. I'm n race baiter and I'm not stopping a damn thing.

Racism is so insidious, even black people underestimate it

There is a tendency to respond to racialized tragedies with a sudden effort at self-reflection – an attempt to quantify our collective attitudes on race for clues as to why, yet again, we must somehow make sense of the senseless killing of a black teenager. Of the numerous recent polls that measure American perceptions of race, nearly all arrive at the same conclusion: overwhelmingly, white Americans not only believe that race is far less a factor than reported in incidents of police violence against young African-American men but that, in essence, black people are pretty much making this whole racism thing up.

And yet quantitative studies tell a vastly different story. Researchers consistently find that people of color are more likely to be stopped and frisked; that white Americans are more likely to use illegal drugs, but black Americans are more likely to be jailed for drug use; that black men are sentenced to longer prison terms than their white peers for the same crimes and, even more incredibly, that the more stereotypically “black looking” a defendant is, the more likely he is to be sentenced to death. White Americans support harsh criminal penalties not despite but because they believe black offenders will be disproportionately affected.

Then there are the consistent and, in some cases, admitted, political dog whistles to race in immigration debates, and racism against Hispanics that serves as a barrier to assimilation. Perhaps most alarmingly, anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiments have increased in recent years.

That racism is so rampant might seem unfathomable to most white Americans, but the evidence is undeniable. The devastating consequences of racial bias are frequently underestimated even by white people who consider themselves allies – and often in the face of irrefutable proof. For many white Americans, exemption from systemic racism renders it invisible, and the sheer enormity of America’s “race problem” further stretches the boundaries of white imaginations. But racism is not just far more common than white Americans think, it is so pervasive – so unimaginably insidious – that people of color themselves are often unsuspecting victims.

Racism is so insidious, even black people underestimate it | Kali Holloway

Marc is right. Read and learn if you are man enough.

Why the F do you stay in this country, if it's so racist?

Thanks to midcan5 for this link. This is truth. And the thing here is that you stupid white racists have been suckers for your entire lives.

I Know Why Poor Whites Chant Trump, Trump, Trump

As the British labor market improved in the 1680s, the idea of indentured servitude lost its appeal to many would-be immigrants. Increasing demand for indentured servants, many of whom were skilled laborers, soon bumped up against a dwindling supply, and the cost of white indentured servants rose sharply. Plantation owners kept skilled white servants, of course, often making them plantation managers and supervisors of slaves. This introduced the first racial divide between skilled and unskilled workers.

Still, African slaves were cheaper, and the supply was plentiful. Seeing an opportunity to realize a higher return on investment, elite colonial landowners began to favor African slaves over white indentured servants, and shifted their business models accordingly. They trained slaves to take over the skilled jobs of white servants.

An investment in African slaves also ensured a cost-effective, long-term workforce. Female slaves were often raped by their white owners or forced to breed with male slaves, and children born into slavery remained slaves for life. In contrast, white female servants who became pregnant were often punished with extended contracts, because a pregnancy meant months of lost work time. From a business perspective, a white baby was a liability, but African children were permanent assets.

As the number of African slaves grew, landowners realized they had a problem on their hands. Slave owners saw white servants living, working, socializing, and even having babies with African slaves. Sometimes they tried to escape together. What’s more, freed white servants who received land as part of their freedom dues had begun to complain about its poor quality. This created a potentially explosive situation for landowners, as oppressed workers quickly outnumbered the upper classes. What was to prevent freed whites, indentured servants, and African slaves from joining forces against the tyranny of their masters?

As Edmund S. Morgan says in his book American Slavery, American Freedom, “The answer to the problem, obvious if unspoken and only gradually recognized, was racism, to separate dangerous free whites from dangerous slave blacks by a screen of racial contempt.”

Many slave owners in both the North and South were also political leaders. Soon, they began to pass laws that stipulated different treatment of white indentured servants, newly freed white men, and African slaves. No white indentured servant could be beaten while naked, but an African slave could. Any free white man could whip a Black slave, and most important, poor whites could “police” Black slaves. These new laws gave poor whites another elevation in status over their Black peers. It was a slow but effective process, and with the passing of a few generations, any bond that indentured servants shared with African slaves was permanently severed.

Don't be scared. Read this and see how you got played.

Eh, I read some parts.. it had absolutely nothing to do with Trump but did define the Democratic Slavers Party...

You feel guilty about suckling the Slavers Party?

You need to read the whole thing. And since this is not 1860 as so many of you maggots say when we talk about what things whites have benefitted from, then I can't be guilty about suckling the slavers party.

Some whites benefited but you hate/are intolerant of all whites that don't share your (?able) perspective in the present day?

There's plenty of successful and brilliant Blacks but there's plenty of failures as well, check out which political party controls the likely least successful areas of the country, then tell me why racism isn't involved.

There are successful and failed people of all races.

Pleased to meet you MizMolly and welcome to the USMB ... :thewave:

... and Yup....

“Some of my best friends are...”

Just read it and find out how you've been a race baited sucker for your entire life.
Entities like Lastamender and his ilk won't read it, they can't, as it totally wipes out their bogus belief system and talking points.

Bogus? What would you call this victim hood you teach children who have never been segregated or forced to the back of a bus to whine instead of trying to better themselves. Stop your race baiting before you lecture anyone else.

And that's how stupid your white ass is. You think because overt racism doesn't exist that there is no racism. I'm n race baiter and I'm not stopping a damn thing.

There is a tendency to respond to racialized tragedies with a sudden effort at self-reflection – an attempt to quantify our collective attitudes on race for clues as to why, yet again, we must somehow make sense of the senseless killing of a black teenager. Of the numerous recent polls that measure American perceptions of race, nearly all arrive at the same conclusion: overwhelmingly, white Americans not only believe that race is far less a factor than reported in incidents of police violence against young African-American men but that, in essence, black people are pretty much making this whole racism thing up.

And yet quantitative studies tell a vastly different story. Researchers consistently find that people of color are more likely to be stopped and frisked; that white Americans are more likely to use illegal drugs, but black Americans are more likely to be jailed for drug use; that black men are sentenced to longer prison terms than their white peers for the same crimes and, even more incredibly, that the more stereotypically “black looking” a defendant is, the more likely he is to be sentenced to death. White Americans support harsh criminal penalties not despite but because they believe black offenders will be disproportionately affected.

Then there are the consistent and, in some cases, admitted, political dog whistles to race in immigration debates, and racism against Hispanics that serves as a barrier to assimilation. Perhaps most alarmingly, anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiments have increased in recent years.

That racism is so rampant might seem unfathomable to most white Americans, but the evidence is undeniable. The devastating consequences of racial bias are frequently underestimated even by white people who consider themselves allies – and often in the face of irrefutable proof. For many white Americans, exemption from systemic racism renders it invisible, and the sheer enormity of America’s “race problem” further stretches the boundaries of white imaginations. But racism is not just far more common than white Americans think, it is so pervasive – so unimaginably insidious – that people of color themselves are often unsuspecting victims.

So he can whine about it on the internet, of course! Can't do that in a shitskin country with no electricity.

So he can whine about it on the internet, of course! Can't do that in a shitskin country with no electricity.

And where would that be?

You start asking whites who complain about the government all the time that, OK?

Because I was born here.

“Some of my best friends are...”

Not the same. Not even close. Try making a logical statement please.

Thanks to midcan5 for this link. This is truth. And the thing here is that you stupid white racists have been suckers for your entire lives.

As the British labor market improved in the 1680s, the idea of indentured servitude lost its appeal to many would-be immigrants. Increasing demand for indentured servants, many of whom were skilled laborers, soon bumped up against a dwindling supply, and the cost of white indentured servants rose sharply. Plantation owners kept skilled white servants, of course, often making them plantation managers and supervisors of slaves. This introduced the first racial divide between skilled and unskilled workers.

Still, African slaves were cheaper, and the supply was plentiful. Seeing an opportunity to realize a higher return on investment, elite colonial landowners began to favor African slaves over white indentured servants, and shifted their business models accordingly. They trained slaves to take over the skilled jobs of white servants.

An investment in African slaves also ensured a cost-effective, long-term workforce. Female slaves were often raped by their white owners or forced to breed with male slaves, and children born into slavery remained slaves for life. In contrast, white female servants who became pregnant were often punished with extended contracts, because a pregnancy meant months of lost work time. From a business perspective, a white baby was a liability, but African children were permanent assets.

As the number of African slaves grew, landowners realized they had a problem on their hands. Slave owners saw white servants living, working, socializing, and even having babies with African slaves. Sometimes they tried to escape together. What’s more, freed white servants who received land as part of their freedom dues had begun to complain about its poor quality. This created a potentially explosive situation for landowners, as oppressed workers quickly outnumbered the upper classes. What was to prevent freed whites, indentured servants, and African slaves from joining forces against the tyranny of their masters?

As Edmund S. Morgan says in his book American Slavery, American Freedom, “The answer to the problem, obvious if unspoken and only gradually recognized, was racism, to separate dangerous free whites from dangerous slave blacks by a screen of racial contempt.”

Many slave owners in both the North and South were also political leaders. Soon, they began to pass laws that stipulated different treatment of white indentured servants, newly freed white men, and African slaves. No white indentured servant could be beaten while naked, but an African slave could. Any free white man could whip a Black slave, and most important, poor whites could “police” Black slaves. These new laws gave poor whites another elevation in status over their Black peers. It was a slow but effective process, and with the passing of a few generations, any bond that indentured servants shared with African slaves was permanently severed.

Eh, I read some parts.. it had absolutely nothing to do with Trump but did define the Democratic Slavers Party...

You need to read the whole thing. And since this is not 1860 as so many of you maggots say when we talk about what things whites have benefitted from, then I can't be guilty about suckling the slavers party.

Some whites benefited but you hate/are intolerant of all whites that don't share your (?able) perspective in the present day?

There's plenty of successful and brilliant Blacks but there's plenty of failures as well, check out which political party controls the likely least successful areas of the country, then tell me why racism isn't involved.

... and Yup....
You too. And thank you

You start asking whites who complain about the government all the time that, OK?

Because I was born here.
LOL finally, something we agree on. You are allowed opinions and concerns and not have to leave the country just because you find something unjust.

... and Yup....

When I was a kid, I did not see whites marching to get the right to vote. Nor did I see whites marching to get civil rights. You can repeat your claim all you want, but there is far too much documentation that says what you claim is disingenuous. I don't hate anyone and I am talking about the present day. I am not the only one holding this view, and I am among millions of whites who hold the same view I do. So you apparently have been misinformed.

... and Yup....

When I was a kid, I did not see whites marching to get the right to vote. Nor did I see whites marching to get civil rights. You can repeat your claim all you want, but there is far too much documentation that says what you claim is disingenuous. I don't hate anyone and I am talking about the present day. I am not the only one holding this view, and I am among millions of whites who hold the same view I do. So you apparently have been misinformed.
What claim? I said there are successful and failed people of all races.

... and Yup....

Yes that's what you said but the context is that you want to deny racism that still exists and actually how uneven these so called successful people are by race. 1 black in the fortune 500 and you think that means you can claim how racism is a thing of the past..

... and Yup....

Yes that's what you said but the context is that you want to deny racism that still exists and actually how uneven these so called successful people are by race. 1 black in the fortune 500 and you think that means you can claim how racism is a thing of the past..
I NEVER denied racism exists. I never said anything wasn't uneven. I simply said there are people of all races that are successful and that fail. Once again, you make more of my post other than what I actually post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back