Why Kasich Should Stay in The Race: Ohio...Blue Collars..California...& Canadian Cruz's Delegates...

And that ^^ ladies and gentlemen is what the goal is for the RNC.

Sil....there's no conspiracy by the RNC against Kasich. The man's essentially irrelevant save for his ability to *possibly* force a brokered convention. Its the only reason he's still in the race.

Its a two man race between Trump and Cruz.

You're desperately hoping. You want everyone out of the picture now and for the party to get behind Trump, so that Clinton can waltz into an easy victory come November.

Sil....there's no conspiracy by the RNC against Kasich. The man's essentially irrelevant save for his ability to *possibly* force a brokered convention. Its the only reason he's still in the race.

You're desperately hoping. You want everyone out of the picture now and for the party to get behind Trump, so that Clinton can waltz into an easy victory come November.

I'm counting. Its 381 for Trump, 300 for Cruz. 150 for Rubio and 37 for Kasich.

With all polling for all remaining states (save Florida) showing either a Trump or Cruz victory. The odds makers say the exact same thing. Showing a Trump victory being the heavy favorite and a Cruz victory being the next closest. With a Rubio victory being a distant, distant 3rd.

Hell, 538 is giving Trump almost 2 to 1 odds to take Ohio, Kasich's home State. And favors Trump by 4 to 1 odds to take Florida.

There's no 'hoping' about it. Its just math.

I'm counting. Its 381 for Trump, 300 for Cruz. 150 for Rubio and 37 for Kasich.

With all polling for all remaining states (save Florida) showing either a Trump or Cruz victory. The odds makers say the exact same thing. Showing a Trump victory being the heavy favorite and a Cruz victory being the next closest. With a Rubio victory being a distant, distant 3rd.

Hell, 538 is giving Trump almost 2 to 1 odds to take Ohio, Kasich's home State. And favors Trump by 4 to 1 odds to take Florida.

There's no 'hoping' about it. Its just math.

As long as Rubio stays in the race, Trump beats Cruz.

And regardless Kasich is irrelevant.

The most qualified GOP candidate left- and totally irrelevant.

Sorry to disappoint you. I meant that the RNC nominating a candidate that is a sure bet to defeat Hillary (Kasich) is its goal. Syriusly, we'll see how "irrelevant" Kasich is after Ohio, a few others and California..

In fact a curious turn around has seemed to take hold...before the RNC thought what a bummer it is that so many were running against Trump. Now that Trump's lead is slipping against all three others in various select areas of the US iconic to each of them, the brokered convention won't make anyone bat an eyelash if they're all running roughly equal to each other.. So, instead of bleeding each other out, they're now gaffing Trump significantly to trim his wings.

Note: Skylar counts Kasich "out" on Ohio, his home state and governance...shows you how "impartial" Skylar's wishful projections are...lol..

Last edited:

Sorry to disappoint you.

Don't worry. You haven't. You're doing your typical 'citing imagination as fact' thing. And the math doesn't still doesn't change to match your imagination.

Smiling......it never does.

I meant that the RNC nominating a candidate that is a sure bet to defeat Hillary (Kasich) is its goal. Syriusly, we'll see how "irrelevant" Kasich is after Ohio, a few others and California..

Kasich won't be the nominee. He can't convince republican primary and caucus voters to back him in any sufficient degree. He's currently pulling about 6% of the popular vote.

Republican voters don't want him. You can't get around that.

Ahh...polling. Depending on who is releasing the poll "data" (I used the term loosely), there seems to be a push for Kasich to win Michigan and a prayer by some that he doesn't. Gee, I wonder who is who?..

Kasich awoke this morning to learn that a new Monmouth poll put his support in the state at 23 percent, trailing second-place Sen. Ted Cruz by just two points. More importantly, the survey detected a notable Kasich surge, with the governor running nearly neck and-neck with Republican frontrunner Donald Trump in Michigan in recent days.

Just as that survey was offered as evidence of a Kasich wave, a new poll released this afternoon provided a splash of cold water in the face. The Michigan State University poll showed the governor in a distant fourth (last) place at just 8.9%. Kasich’s Michigan poll numbers are all over the map

So which is it pollsters? Is Kasich running a close 3rd? Neck and neck with Trump for 1st? Or trailing "horribly last"...? All within the last week. I wonder what caused him to "plummet from tied for 1st place" to "dead last" in just hours in the last day..lol..? Anyone?

Ahh...polling. Depending on who is releasing the poll "data" (I used the term loosely), there seems to be a push for Kasich to win Michigan and a prayer by some that he doesn't. Gee, I wonder who is who?..

First, the aggregate of the polling shows Kasich losing. And FiveThirtyEight.com putting his odds of winning at about 1 chance in 5. Second, if he wins...it will be the very first state he has ever won. His best performance to date is New Hampshire. Where he came in a distant 2nd. He's never gotten better than 4th in any other race.

Once again, Sil.......you're pushing the narrative that backs what you *want* to happen. Rather than what the evidence strongly suggests will happen.

Why don't you want Kasich winning any delegates Skylar? Does it bother you that between Cruz, Rubio and Kasich their delegates far outweigh Donald Trump's?.. :popcorn:

Of all the candidates left, I want Kasich to win. I would vote for him in the hottest of seconds. Sil, you've only recently liked Kasich b/c you've convinced yourself he is the one to roll back gay marriage and allow government employees to not issue marriage licenses based on their faith. Good luck with that b/c his views are similar to Trump's views.

As the race moves out west here, Rubio's chances grow better. If he can hold serve in Florida, he can dominate in California....and baby, that's 172 delegates and Trump is JEWED, SCREWED,and TATTOOED!
yo2.gif

Sorry to disappoint you. I meant that the RNC nominating a candidate that is a sure bet to defeat Hillary (Kasich) is its goal. Syriusly, we'll see how "irrelevant" Kasich is after Ohio, a few others and California..

A week away.

If Kasich doesn't win Ohio- he will drop out of the race.

He will not win California.

Whether he wins Ohio or not- he will not have the most delegates going into the convention

You keep believing that the GOP base is looking for a rational candidate and one that can beat Hilary- and that is not what is happening this election.

As the race moves out west here, Rubio's chances grow better. If he can hold serve in Florida, he can dominate in California....and baby, that's 172 delegates and Trump is JEWED, SCREWED,and TATTOOED!
yo2.gif

If Rubio stays in the race- he and Cruz split the evangelicals and Trump wins.

Only if either Rubio or Cruz drop out- and drop out soon- will either of them be able to beat Trump.

Why don't you want Kasich winning any delegates Skylar? Does it bother you that between Cruz, Rubio and Kasich their delegates far outweigh Donald Trump's?.. :popcorn:

Laughing....and when did I say I didn't want Kasich to win any delegates? Quote me.

I said that Kasich *wasn't* winning any delegates having managed 37 to Trumps 380. And had no plausible path to victory with his current polling numbers.

Once again, Sil.....we'll test your fantasy of a Kasich victory with the reality of the election outcome. And compare.

Laughing....and when did I say I didn't want Kasich to win any delegates? Quote me.

I said that Kasich *wasn't* winning any delegates having managed 37 to Trumps 380. And had no plausible path to victory with his current polling numbers.

Once again, Sil.....we'll test your fantasy of a Kasich victory with the reality of the election outcome. And compare.

I think by Tuesday the issue of Kasich will probably be decided.....

Only if either Rubio or Cruz drop out- and drop out soon- will either of them be able to beat Trump.
Yes, Rubio needs to be out before Florida. There doesn't seem to be any other way to stop a foaming-mouthed dictator from seizing the Oval Office.

Yes, Rubio needs to be out before Florida. There doesn't seem to be any other way to stop a foaming-mouthed dictator from seizing the Oval Office.

For the life of me- I can't tell if you are talking about Cruz or Trump.

...a new poll showed the governor trailing Donald Trump in Ohio."Kasich scoffed at the notion..."I would hope they would be clearing the decks for me," he said of Rubio's camp in speaking to reporters after addressing the Georgia legislature in Atlanta. "I've spent the least amount of money and am rising in the polls. I can win my home state. Why would I clear the decks for them? They ought to be consolidating around me."'I can win my home state,' Kasich says after poll shows Trump tops in Ohio
Trailing Trump by about 5 points that is. But when you subtract 10 from 5, you get Kasich beating Trump by 5 points...let me explain...and remember, there is a significant number of people who believe, on the left, middle and the right in the Trump supporters that children should have both a mother and father like they did growing up...

That's right Kasich. Trump plummeted 10 points after those radio ads/robo calls in South Carolina at the 11th hour. And, you're the only one that's going to be palatable to California. Kasich should go the distance and talk Cruz's delegates into surrendering after a Kasich win both Ohio and California (remember they voted down gay marriage TWICE in that BLUE state ...hispanic blue that is...catholic...the Pope's recent warnings...hello?...) BREAKING: Pope & Russian Orthodox Church Publicly Denounce Gay Marriage: Goodbye Hispanic Votes

After all, Cruz CAN NOT be the nominee since he has a Canadian birth certificate. He could just as easily have a Russian birth certificate or N. Korean for that matter. He is ineligible to run.

I've seen ONE and only ONE issue that took Trump down 10 points IMMEDIATELY upon ads running. And that was Cruz's last minute SC ads saying Trump is soft on gay marriage; thinks they're "beautiful" and the legal issue (where kids have either no mother or father) is "a done deal". Trump was practically mourning the day after saying Cruz was "smart, really smart" and "tough, really tough" to run those ads and how at that moment he felt like he was "fighting for his life" in the campaign.

It's a push-button issue and a huge vote-getter. I don't know for the life of me why Kasich would have said at the Texas debate, which hurt him terribly in Super Tuesday "gay marriage is pretty much a done deal". Stupid. Moronic. Who is running the show in his campaign is what I wonder. Note, he was the only candidate who said "gay marriage is a done deal" and he tanked in the evangelical vote. He's win on that issue if he pitched the "no mother/no father" angle in the Rust Belt and California instead of just "I'm against gay marriage cuz it's vaguely immoral" angle. Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?

We'll see. If he wants to win, he should take the gloves off and hit Trump in the only spot where it actually hurt him. Twice as hard now though that Kasich said basically the same thing Trump has. I guess Kasich should clarify more completely his stance and commitment to changing the Ruling last Summer that the CLEAR MAJORITY of VOTERS hate...by promising to nominate a Scalia replacement to fairly weigh the rights of children to the marriage contract: Is Gay Marriage Void? New York v Ferber (1982) Etc.

Or if Kasich's last minute ads also included a reference to Kim Davis sitting in jail...or the Kleins... promising to fight for them out in Oregon.. He would TAKE the conservatives in the West with that addition to the kids mom/dad thing. Look at this poll: Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

BTW, that interview with Trump the day after SC on Fox News Sunday, the video I had for it, someone disabled it as a public display on youtube. So either another person or Fox News shut down Trump's being humble about gay marriage kicking his ass 10 points over night. The video WAS here, and many posters saw it & commented on it.. : Gay Marriage Ads Took Pounds of Flesh From Trump: 1st Time His Lead Shrank Almost By Half That order could have easily come from Dick Cheney, the 5-time draft dodger, raised by democrats who has a lesbian daughter who wants gay marriage to be legal. It's odd in any event that the link was disabled to the public, since every other Fox News interview is a snap to get a hold of..

No wonder, no wonder at all why the Trumpsters don't trust the establishment "republicans". Wouldn't it be weird dozens of years from now if historians traced the total destruction of the GOP to one man's lesbian daughter, essentially?.....

Excellent analysis!

I doubt that this will happen. Trump will eek out a victory and be the nominee.

Forum List

Back