Why Japan’s Bullet Train Will Finally Bring High-Speed Rail to America

We have trains where it makes sense to have trains. Cars and planes make more sense for 99.9% of the country. Planes would be an even better option if the GD Government would end this GD frisking routine that they make everyone go through to protect us from pocket knives and water bottles.

"99.9%" huh?

Got any idea how many people live in the corridor from Washington to Boston?
At least 50 million.

Now I'm not real good at math but even if they're the only ones who need trains, we must have a population of ... approximately 50 Billion people, way more than, say Earth. But check me on that.

Moreover, as previously noted, I live in an area where you've gotta go over 100 miles just to GET TO a train. Not to get to a track, but to get to a passenger train.
Do you need me to point out on a map the .00001% of the country that includes the narrow corridor between washington and boston? How many stops along that NARROW corridor do you think a HIGH SPEED train would make?

Sooo......... in order to resuscitate your point we're going to pretend the phrase "the country" means "that portion of land required to lay a railroad bed"? :rofl:

Desperation strikes deep.
So to understand why you are bad at math we merely have to look to your statement that the corridor between washington and boston is merely the portion of land required to lay the railroad bed. Basically you're full of hot air.

Your original quote was, and I quote, "Cars and planes make more sense for 99.9% of the country".

Again, not great at math but somehow I'm skeptical fifty million people amounts to 0.1% of the country. But maybe it does, and I'm posting from some kind of time warp from the ancient past of 2015.
ROFL you think ALL FIFTY MILLION PEOPLE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WANT TO TRAVEL BACK AND FORTH, BY TRAIN, BETWEEN WASHINGTON AND BOSTON ON A REGULAR BASIS? rofl

Again 99.9% of the country could give a shit about your love for high speed train travel between cities and they sure as hell don't want to pay for it. For these people cars and planes make more sense for traveling between areas of the country. Yes I understand that a few people make more regular commutes between two large cites, and yes I understand that for some of those people it would be really nice for them if the rest of the country subsidized their dreams.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back