Why Isn't Romney Kicking Santorum's Butt???

Actually Obama lost more counties nationally than he won. In land area he got slaughtered. In voter groups where people had a real income, he lost.

Okay, those are the most irrelevent facts I've seen.

So what?

more people voted for Obama than McCain. More people voted for Obama than ANYONE in American history.

Not an Obama fan, but until the GOP starts addressing why they lost all those votes, they will just repeat the experience.

Would you like a tissue? I just pointed out you brought up that your hope is that the economy tanks so your candidate an win. Kleenex okay?

My candidate? Who is that? I can point to the only place on this board I spoke positively of anyone who is running for president, and the guy is not running on the Republican ticket. Even if the economy tanks he is going to loose, so you are going to have a hard time proving I want the country to suffer so my candidate will win. Want to fucking try again?

Settle down sweetheart, you're going into hysterics again. So even if the economy tanks, your candidate will set free of restraint? That's quite a candidate!

Now go have some chocolate and maybe some green tea. I hear that helps you ladies when you're feeling this way. :eusa_angel:

Gary Johnson 2012

Why Isn't Romney Kicking Santorum's Butt???

Same reason he can't kick Obamas. He is full of beans and it shows.

You obviously did not pay attention to what was happening in 2008. I am not really surprised, you still don't pay attention. Not only were the Hillary supporters not OK with Obama, they still hate him.

Obama Stole Election From*Hillary | Fellowship of the Minds

you know what, Windy, I'm just going to conclude that you are some kind of OCD guy who needs to contradict people. If I said the earth was round, you'd insist it was flat.

Obama got 69 million votes last time. More than anyone in history has ever gotten.

The Hillary folks were just fine with Obama. sorry. They just were.

The Republicans, on the other hand, are really pissing each other off, especially Romney and his slash and burn tactics. He'll get less votes than McCain did.

He got 69 million votes because he is black, it had nothing to do with the Hillary supporters who were not all that happy with him.

69 million voted for him because he is black?

Impressive.......all the Republicans who lost at the Congressman, Senator and Governor levels ......did they run against blacks too?

Actually Obama lost more counties nationally than he won. In land area he got slaughtered. In voter groups where people had a real income, he lost.

Electoral votes are what matters and he stomped the best candidate the Republicans had to offer by a 2:1 margin

My candidate? Who is that? I can point to the only place on this board I spoke positively of anyone who is running for president, and the guy is not running on the Republican ticket. Even if the economy tanks he is going to loose, so you are going to have a hard time proving I want the country to suffer so my candidate will win. Want to fucking try again?

Settle down sweetheart, you're going into hysterics again. So even if the economy tanks, your candidate will set free of restraint? That's quite a candidate!

Now go have some chocolate and maybe some green tea. I hear that helps you ladies when you're feeling this way. :eusa_angel:

Gary Johnson 2012

Gary Johnson is my plan B if the GOP insists on nominating Romney, but the fact you support him kind of worries me.

Gary Johnson 2012

Gary Johnson is my plan B if the GOP insists on nominating Romney, but the fact you support him kind of worries me.

Sometimes extremes meet at the ends.

you know what, Windy, I'm just going to conclude that you are some kind of OCD guy who needs to contradict people. If I said the earth was round, you'd insist it was flat.

Obama got 69 million votes last time. More than anyone in history has ever gotten.

The Hillary folks were just fine with Obama. sorry. They just were.

The Republicans, on the other hand, are really pissing each other off, especially Romney and his slash and burn tactics. He'll get less votes than McCain did.

He got 69 million votes because he is black, it had nothing to do with the Hillary supporters who were not all that happy with him.

69 million voted for him because he is black?

Impressive.......all the Republicans who lost at the Congressman, Senator and Governor levels ......did they run against blacks too?

They did in 2010.

Wait, they won then.

Gary Johnson 2012

Romney seems like the perfect candidate for a sane Republican. He supports abortion, Obamacare, higher taxes, and idiots.

Seriously.
Think about it. Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum said that the U.S. health insurance system isn't working and endorsed replacing it with a pay-as-you-go model that would require people to pay their medical bills out-of-pocket, except in the case of catastrophic, "unanticipated" costs.
Anyone know how much say, a medical exam with a normal blood screen and maybe a check for one thing specific (say LDL levels for example) would cost? And if you have a family with three kids?
Then there's his view that ALL contraception is wrong because it is a license to enter a sexual realm that "isn't right"! (apparently, because my wife and I don't want to have nine kids, we're not "right").

Put just those two things on the air. Then ask the GOP "Is THIS the guy you think can win enough Moderates and Independents to beat Obama?!?!?!

No frikkin' way.

But I think Romney is trying SO HARD to be the New & Improved ConservaRomney V.2.1 that's he's afraid to address how Santorum's ultra-conserv social whackjobbery will ruin any chances the GOP has with all but the most faithful Right Wingers.

The time when the debates "helped prep" Romney have passed. Obama's approval ratings have been rising steadily and this is going to be a tough race - unless Santorum or Gingrich get the nomination - then it's over. Romney needs to get his shet together.

The base is not excited about Romney and even less excited about Santorum. No amount of "shit gathering" will help him for now. When he gets the nomination, you'll see some of the GOP stay home, and some join the campaign. You won't see anyone embrace Romney unless he wins. Which he will not unless Obama coughs up the football.

what a crock of shit....Once the GOP has a nominee the party faithful will support him. The Democrats were split over Obama and Hilary- guess what? After Obama sewed up the nomination, the Hilary supporters supported Obama. The same thing will happen for the GOP. Seriously, what conservative is going to vote for Obama over any of the Republicans?

Obama is in for a very tough fight, regardless of whom the GOP nominee is.

Rick Santorum is way too far right on social issues for anyone to believe that he could possibly win against a very seasoned candidate in Barack Obama. The ONLY reason Romney isn't attacking Santorum on his INSANE social stance is because he is afraid he would offend the far out Christian right. So he's going after Santorum's earmarks and voting record which in no way is conservative.

Santorum has a proven record of just being another big government politician.

All little reading will clarify who Santorum really is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/16/u...-donations-flowed-in.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

What A Big Government Conservative Looks Like | RedState

12777d1329018033-santorum-has-big-problems-earmarks-pay-play-campaign-donations-104640_600.jpg

Last edited:

Romney seems like the perfect candidate for a sane Republican. He supports abortion, Obamacare, higher taxes, and idiots.

Except he's a Mormon, so, no, he isn't.

He's also one of these Republicans who think that the Middle Class is keeping the wealthy from having enough Polo Ponies, with their demands for decent pay and safe working conditions and clean water.

Brokered convention, come on baby, brokered convention. BIG fun.

The only downside of this circus is that it's giving Paul followers hope that their guy will somehow walk away with the nomination, so they're still running around with their hair on fire. Other than that, this is becoming very entertaining.

The only downside of this circus is that it's giving Paul followers hope that their guy will somehow walk away with the nomination, so they're still running around with their hair on fire. Other than that, this is becoming very entertaining.

I don't see it ever getting that far.

Here's what I think will happen. If Santorum wins Michigan and places well in Arizona (Rasmussen has him only 8 points behind Romney), at that point, Gingrich gets out of the race and gets behind Santorum. This is the doomsday scenario for Romney, when the anti-Romney's only have one pick, and they take it. At that point, Santorum will start stacking up the votes and the delegates.... If by some miracle, he actually win Arizona, too (not outside the realm of possibility), the establishment will start abandoning Romney like a sinking ship. They'll flail around looking for an alternative again, but it's too late to go there.

If Romney wins both states, Gingrich will probalby stay in, but neither he nor Santorum will garner enough delegates to win, and the state apparaticks in places like Maine and Missouri will end up still giving him delegates he really didn't earn.

I don't see it ever getting that far.

Here's what I think will happen. If Santorum wins Michigan and places well in Arizona (Rasmussen has him only 8 points behind Romney), at that point, Gingrich gets out of the race and gets behind Santorum. This is the doomsday scenario for Romney, when the anti-Romney's only have one pick, and they take it. At that point, Santorum will start stacking up the votes and the delegates.... If by some miracle, he actually win Arizona, too (not outside the realm of possibility), the establishment will start abandoning Romney like a sinking ship. They'll flail around looking for an alternative again, but it's too late to go there.

If Romney wins both states, Gingrich will probalby stay in, but neither he nor Santorum will garner enough delegates to win, and the state apparaticks in places like Maine and Missouri will end up still giving him delegates he really didn't earn.

Yeah, I can see this. There are three more variables to pop into this equation:

First, I saw that Newt's Vegas guy just dumped another $10 million into Gingrich's back pocket. Depending on how he spends it, that may give him a little longer shelf life.

Second, I've seen somewhere that Romney is the second choice of most GOP voters (though that may have changed by now), so the question would be how many of Newt's voters would necessarily go to Santorum.

Third, and perhaps most likely, is the probability that Newt's massive ego will keep him in the race until he can no longer properly supply his wife with hair spray. That could be a while.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall. How many times have Ryan, Christie, Daniels and Bush had people knocking at their door at this point? And how much money is staying out just in case?

If the big money is staying out, it's because they don't want to throw good money after bad. Romney is running out of rich people.

I've been hearing the "Romney is our second choice" back when Cain and Perry were considered viable alternatives. People were even saying that when Newt was on top. but the reality is that Romney STILL hasn't breached

If you look at the RCP Graph

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

You can see Romney has yet to breach 35%, and he's back down to 27 now. He's been eclipsed as Frontrunner five times now. This is someone the rank and file just doesn't want to vote for.

It's actually in his interest to keep Newt in the race.

He's also one of these Republicans who think that the Middle Class is keeping the wealthy from having enough Polo Ponies, with their demands for decent pay and safe working conditions and clean water.

I get it, sane Republicans hate Mormons because they are Mormons. The rest of your post is BS, Romeny has specifically said he wants to help the middle class because they support the rich.

I get it, sane Republicans hate Mormons because they are Mormons. The rest of your post is BS, Romeny has specifically said he wants to help the middle class because they support the rich.

I've seen how Romney is helping the Middle Class so far.

It's kind of like how Colonel Sanders helps Chickens.

And, sorry, man, Mormons beliefs are so batshit crazy, the only sane response is to cringe when they try to pass themselves off as normal at the Interfaith Pancake Breakfast.

If Mitt Romney thinks he can baptize his dead atheist father in law, that he's wearing magic underwear and he's going to be a God on his own planet after he dies, I sure as hell don't want him anywhere the nuclear weapons and I'm not sure why you do.

Forum List

Back