Why Isn't Romney Kicking Santorum's Butt???

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
Seriously.
Think about it. Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum said that the U.S. health insurance system isn't working and endorsed replacing it with a pay-as-you-go model that would require people to pay their medical bills out-of-pocket, except in the case of catastrophic, "unanticipated" costs.
Anyone know how much say, a medical exam with a normal blood screen and maybe a check for one thing specific (say LDL levels for example) would cost? And if you have a family with three kids?
Then there's his view that ALL contraception is wrong because it is a license to enter a sexual realm that "isn't right"! (apparently, because my wife and I don't want to have nine kids, we're not "right").

Put just those two things on the air. Then ask the GOP "Is THIS the guy you think can win enough Moderates and Independents to beat Obama?!?!?!

No frikkin' way.

But I think Romney is trying SO HARD to be the New & Improved ConservaRomney V.2.1 that's he's afraid to address how Santorum's ultra-conserv social whackjobbery will ruin any chances the GOP has with all but the most faithful Right Wingers.

The time when the debates "helped prep" Romney have passed. Obama's approval ratings have been rising steadily and this is going to be a tough race - unless Santorum or Gingrich get the nomination - then it's over. Romney needs to get his shet together.

They are both sellouts,as a conservative,they both suck.ill end up voting for the antiobama,but,wish our national situation wasnt so desperate.

Santorums not conservative where it counts,and is too far where itll kill votes,almost like this things geared for a fail,and an obama relection.

what a crock of shit....Once the GOP has a nominee the party faithful will support him. The Democrats were split over Obama and Hilary- guess what? After Obama sewed up the nomination, the Hilary supporters supported Obama. The same thing will happen for the GOP. Seriously, what conservative is going to vote for Obama over any of the Republicans?

Obama is in for a very tough fight, regardless of whom the GOP nominee is.

Seriously.
Think about it. Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum said that the U.S. health insurance system isn't working and endorsed replacing it with a pay-as-you-go model that would require people to pay their medical bills out-of-pocket, except in the case of catastrophic, "unanticipated" costs.
Anyone know how much say, a medical exam with a normal blood screen and maybe a check for one thing specific (say LDL levels for example) would cost? And if you have a family with three kids?
Then there's his view that ALL contraception is wrong because it is a license to enter a sexual realm that "isn't right"! (apparently, because my wife and I don't want to have nine kids, we're not "right").

Put just those two things on the air. Then ask the GOP "Is THIS the guy you think can win enough Moderates and Independents to beat Obama?!?!?!

No frikkin' way.

But I think Romney is trying SO HARD to be the New & Improved ConservaRomney V.2.1 that's he's afraid to address how Santorum's ultra-conserv social whackjobbery will ruin any chances the GOP has with all but the most faithful Right Wingers.

The time when the debates "helped prep" Romney have passed. Obama's approval ratings have been rising steadily and this is going to be a tough race - unless Santorum or Gingrich get the nomination - then it's over. Romney needs to get his shet together.

Mostly, it's because the U.S. health insurance system isn't working, and we should return a pay as you go model with catastrophic coverage.

My wife just had a physical with full lab work up to include hormone levels, vitamin and mineral levels, liver function, kidney function, white and red blood cell levels, and a host of other information...$100.

We pay as you go, with catastrophic care insurance...saved thousands of dollars...we are both damn near 40 and in excellent health.

Seriously.

No frikkin' way.

I love how you people build fake positions for us and then rail against them. It's so stupid it's getting monotonous. People are immune anymore because you don't control all of the presses anymore. You never will again.

Seriously.

No frikkin' way.

Romney lost me when he tried to go ultra-conservative, which he is not. As for Sanitorium, he is a joke.

what a crock of shit....Once the GOP has a nominee the party faithful will support him. The Democrats were split over Obama and Hilary- guess what? After Obama sewed up the nomination, the Hilary supporters supported Obama. The same thing will happen for the GOP. Seriously, what conservative is going to vote for Obama over any of the Republicans?

There is a big difference between 2008 and 2012. While conservatives cannot stand Obama, moderates are only displeased with him. In 2008, everyone had had enough of Bush and the Republicans, warranted or not. The movement to get rid of Obama is just not as strong as conservatives would like to think. This is why Obama will most likely be re-elected even if the young vote is not nearly as strong as it was in 2008.

As the Missourian stated, out-of-pocket healthcare costs are very low compared to what the insurance companies pay out. If you think that the insurance companies have contributed greatly to the cost of healthcare, just hand it over to a one-payer system, eg. the government, and see what happens. The costs have already increased due to the PPACA and will go even higher during an Obama second term.

Santorum makes a good point when he states that with Romney, the GOP is giving up the healthcare issue. If done properly, healthcare is one program that can help bring down the debt and deficit, which lots of smart people believe to be our greatest threat to national security.

It's a shame that Jeb Bush concluded that it was too early to have another Bush make a run. I would bet at this point in the race, he would be out-polling them all, including the current president.

The Obama/Hillary split isn't indicative.

Hillary's supporters got behind Obama because at the end of the day, they were okay with Obama.

What is becoming increasingly clear is that the GOP Rank and file are NOT okay with Romney. Not when we are now on our FOURTH anti-Romney. Republicans are flailing for ANYONE to not vote for this guy.

And Romney's response will be to slime Santorum the way he slimed Perry and Gingrich. (Cain was kind enough to self-destruct.)

Obama will take every state he took in 2008, and will pick up a couple more. Santorum at least has room to grow.

I think I can speak for many in the GOP, we don't trust Mitt Romney, nor do we like him. That said, we will vote for him in the general. Since the mainstream GOP and the left win media has effectively destroyed every other candidate except Romney and Santorum, all we have left to save us from Romney IS Santorum. I can't say that I'm all that happy about that either.

It's looking good for Obama in November.

Barring more political gaffes like the one with the Catholics, an anomolous turn in the economy or the X-Factor, yes it actually looks very good for Obama.

Where was the gaffe? Seems to have worked out pretty well for President Obama. It has the right talking about social issues and not what the American people want our representatives talking about. Looks like, politically, it was a pretty smart move. What was the gaffe? Having a provision in the ACA that is EXACTLY the same provision a number of states have?

It's looking good for Obama in November.

Barring more political gaffes like the one with the Catholics, an anomolous turn in the economy or the X-Factor, yes it actually looks very good for Obama.

That gaffe of Obama's has gotten the GOP to fight against birth control for Americans in an election year.

Not to mention putting the wind under Santorum's sails at just about the most opportune time possible.

That gaffe of Obama's has gotten the GOP to fight against birth control for Americans in an election year.

Not to mention putting the wind under Santorum's sails at just about the most opportune time possible.

Yup.

It looks more like a masterstroke than a gaffe to me....

:dunno:

Forum List

Back