Why Isn't Romney Kicking Santorum's Butt???

Why Isn't Romney Kicking Santorum's Butt???
'Cause Lil' Ricky is one o' those hard-ass....

.....BLUE-COLLAR KIND O' GUYS??

handjob.gif

what a crock of shit....Once the GOP has a nominee the party faithful will support him. The Democrats were split over Obama and Hilary- guess what? After Obama sewed up the nomination, the Hilary supporters supported Obama. The same thing will happen for the GOP. Seriously, what conservative is going to vote for Obama over any of the Republicans?

Obama is in for a very tough fight, regardless of whom the GOP nominee is.

Oh I agree - and without the need for saying you're a crock of shit or whatever. It will be a tough fight. But I see an Obama win for almost the same reasons you stated.

"Once the GOP has a nominee the party faithful will support him."

But minorities? They won't vote for ANY of these candidates. Gays? Nope. LOTS of women will vote against all three, although 10x more would vote against Santorum or Gingrich.
Moderates voting for Romney? Shirley you jest! (okay, I'll stop calling you Shirley).
Independents? Some perhaps but nowadays unless you are a TOTAL kool-aid drinker who buys into every view of the extreme Right, you're a "Liberal" to the GOP and it's going to turn away a LOT of voters.
Santorum or Gingrich guarantee an Obama win.
Romney is closer but still doesn't look good.
So the GOP gets all the votes they get always get and loses the votes that will cost them the election.

Because, unlike some other parties, the Republican party is a coalition of multiple viewpoints. That would be the point of the primary. So we can choose among many candidates one to represent us.

Seriously.
Think about it. Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum said that the U.S. health insurance system isn't working and endorsed replacing it with a pay-as-you-go model that would require people to pay their medical bills out-of-pocket, except in the case of catastrophic, "unanticipated" costs.
Anyone know how much say, a medical exam with a normal blood screen and maybe a check for one thing specific (say LDL levels for example) would cost? And if you have a family with three kids?
Then there's his view that ALL contraception is wrong because it is a license to enter a sexual realm that "isn't right"! (apparently, because my wife and I don't want to have nine kids, we're not "right").

Put just those two things on the air. Then ask the GOP "Is THIS the guy you think can win enough Moderates and Independents to beat Obama?!?!?!

No frikkin' way.

But I think Romney is trying SO HARD to be the New & Improved ConservaRomney V.2.1 that's he's afraid to address how Santorum's ultra-conserv social whackjobbery will ruin any chances the GOP has with all but the most faithful Right Wingers.

The time when the debates "helped prep" Romney have passed. Obama's approval ratings have been rising steadily and this is going to be a tough race - unless Santorum or Gingrich get the nomination - then it's over. Romney needs to get his shet together.

Mostly, it's because the U.S. health insurance system isn't working, and we should return a pay as you go model with catastrophic coverage.

My wife just had a physical with full lab work up to include hormone levels, vitamin and mineral levels, liver function, kidney function, white and red blood cell levels, and a host of other information...$100.

We pay as you go, with catastrophic care insurance...saved thousands of dollars...we are both damn near 40 and in excellent health.

That's interesting. Yeah. Run your candidate on that platform. Like I said, looks goood for Obama.
BTW, the cost for say, a full heart panel? Average about $400+.

It's looking good for Obama in November.

Barring more political gaffes like the one with the Catholics, an anomolous turn in the economy or the X-Factor, yes it actually looks very good for Obama.

I don't know. The BC thing has turned out to have a political silver lining. Gotta love the GOP doubling down on fundie.

Oh........the hand wringing!

Can some obtuse nutter PLEASE come to this thread and exclaim " A chimpanzee in a clown suit could beat Obama " so these nervous ninnies can breathe a sigh of relief?

Barring more political gaffes like the one with the Catholics, an anomolous turn in the economy or the X-Factor, yes it actually looks very good for Obama.

I don't know. The BC thing has turned out to have a political silver lining. Gotta love the GOP doubling down on fundie.

Seriously. WTF are they thinking??? If they nominate a guy who says my wife and I shouldn't have sex for the simple reason that it's really, really, insanely, make-the-neighbors-wonder-if- they-should-call-the-cops-or-something, great.... well FCUK THEM!

Seriously. WTF are they thinking??? If they nominate a guy who says my wife and I shouldn't have sex for the simple reason that it's really, really, insanely, make-the-neighbors-wonder-if- they-should-call-the-cops-or-something, great.... well FCUK THEM!

Even if they don't nominate Santorum, these last few days and the state initiatives in VA and MS are enough to give Obama breathing room.

I have to study up on Santorum. He is speaking Monday night in our town. Not sure I'm on the invite list, but better than even odds of that.

The time when the debates "helped prep" Romney have passed. Obama's approval ratings have been rising steadily and this is going to be a tough race - unless Santorum or Gingrich get the nomination - then it's over. Romney needs to get his shet together.

That’s the problem: Romney’s about as ‘together’ as he’s going to get.

what a crock of shit....Once the GOP has a nominee the party faithful will support him.

That’s not the issue.

Romney will need more than just the ‘party faithful’ to beat Obama, he’ll need democrats and independents, the voters who actually elect presidents. And neither will be voting for Romney in the needed numbers.

Seriously.
Think about it. Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum said that the U.S. health insurance system isn't working and endorsed replacing it with a pay-as-you-go model that would require people to pay their medical bills out-of-pocket, except in the case of catastrophic, "unanticipated" costs.
Anyone know how much say, a medical exam with a normal blood screen and maybe a check for one thing specific (say LDL levels for example) would cost? And if you have a family with three kids?
Then there's his view that ALL contraception is wrong because it is a license to enter a sexual realm that "isn't right"! (apparently, because my wife and I don't want to have nine kids, we're not "right").

Put just those two things on the air. Then ask the GOP "Is THIS the guy you think can win enough Moderates and Independents to beat Obama?!?!?!

No frikkin' way.

But I think Romney is trying SO HARD to be the New & Improved ConservaRomney V.2.1 that's he's afraid to address how Santorum's ultra-conserv social whackjobbery will ruin any chances the GOP has with all but the most faithful Right Wingers.

Romney is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He has to go too far to the right that he won't win independants in November.

The entire GOP party has gone too far to the right on too many issues. The left couldn't be any more energized. No way we want the right to stay in power.

And so this is going to be another Dole or McCain. No chance.

And the GOP doesn't even care. Their plan B is to take over government at the local level. They are focusing more now on winning Governor races and state House and state senate seats.

In Michigan, a blue state when it comes to the White House and Senate, is now being run by a GOP Governor and they control both houses, and they have pushed through a very radical agenda.

Scott Walker in Wisconsin. Christie in NJ. That guy in Ohio. They have all pushed through very right wing radical agenda and it is going to cost them seats but ultimately, mission accomplished.

So Republicans are seeing they can get their agenda through on a state level. They don't need the White House. States rights. Let states decide. Remember?

As the Missourian stated, out-of-pocket healthcare costs are very low compared to what the insurance companies pay out. If you think that the insurance companies have contributed greatly to the cost of healthcare, just hand it over to a one-payer system, eg. the government, and see what happens. The costs have already increased due to the PPACA and will go even higher during an Obama second term.

Santorum makes a good point when he states that with Romney, the GOP is giving up the healthcare issue. If done properly, healthcare is one program that can help bring down the debt and deficit, which lots of smart people believe to be our greatest threat to national security.

It's a shame that Jeb Bush concluded that it was too early to have another Bush make a run. I would bet at this point in the race, he would be out-polling them all, including the current president.

Except that Jeb is a lot like Romney; he's not a die hard conservative. In fact, he's probably closer to center than even GW. That is what made him such an effective governor.

Seriously.

The last time I called up a doctor, asked him for an appointment, and offered to pay cash I got discount and paid exactly the same as the copay a guy I know with a good insurance policy paid. It seems that it saves doctors a ton of money not having to file all that Medicare compliant paperwork insurance companies insist on because they do not have to pay an employee that doesn't do anything but fill out said paperwork. I realize I am an exception to most rules, but I bet if you went to a doctor and talked to him it would cost a lot less than you think.

No frikkin' way.

The way I see, Obama is the one with the problem here, not the GOP. The economy is hovering on the brink of another collapse right now. Most experts are predicting $5 a gallon gas prices, imagine that hitting this summer, throw in higher beef prices because of the drought in Texas last year and California this year, add a fudge factor for the domino effect all across the economy, and watch Obama's numbers plummet this summer. If all of that happens the Republicans could nominate Davide Duke and he would pull in a few liberals.

Romney is an idiot who couldn't debate his way out of wet paper bag with the bottom torn open. Hopefully the primary will be a complete mess and produce no clear nominee forcing the Republicans to broker the convention. Then they could nominate someone who could really take on Obama. Shouldn't be too hard, when a reporter through him a softball question about whether we are fundamentally better off since he went to Washington he talked about how he improved the website the government uses.

Color me unimpressed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDstW4M-75g"]Obama: I Haven't Changed Washington But I Created A Website - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
what a crock of shit....Once the GOP has a nominee the party faithful will support him. The Democrats were split over Obama and Hilary- guess what? After Obama sewed up the nomination, the Hilary supporters supported Obama. The same thing will happen for the GOP. Seriously, what conservative is going to vote for Obama over any of the Republicans?

Obama is in for a very tough fight, regardless of whom the GOP nominee is.

The Obama/Hillary split isn't indicative.

Hillary's supporters got behind Obama because at the end of the day, they were okay with Obama.

What is becoming increasingly clear is that the GOP Rank and file are NOT okay with Romney. Not when we are now on our FOURTH anti-Romney. Republicans are flailing for ANYONE to not vote for this guy.

And Romney's response will be to slime Santorum the way he slimed Perry and Gingrich. (Cain was kind enough to self-destruct.)

Obama will take every state he took in 2008, and will pick up a couple more. Santorum at least has room to grow.

You obviously did not pay attention to what was happening in 2008. I am not really surprised, you still don't pay attention. Not only were the Hillary supporters not OK with Obama, they still hate him.

Obama Stole Election From Hillary | Fellowship of the Minds

Where was the gaffe? Seems to have worked out pretty well for President Obama. It has the right talking about social issues and not what the American people want our representatives talking about. Looks like, politically, it was a pretty smart move. What was the gaffe? Having a provision in the ACA that is EXACTLY the same provision a number of states have?

Hate to point out the obvious, but if the economy is good the issue will be social, and more people have a problem with Obama's social agenda than you think. He is tacking far left and leaving the center right American people behind. On the other hand, if the economy tanks between now and July Obama is a goner no matter what.

Where was the gaffe? Seems to have worked out pretty well for President Obama. It has the right talking about social issues and not what the American people want our representatives talking about. Looks like, politically, it was a pretty smart move. What was the gaffe? Having a provision in the ACA that is EXACTLY the same provision a number of states have?

Hate to point out the obvious, but if the economy is good the issue will be social, and more people have a problem with Obama's social agenda than you think. He is tacking far left and leaving the center right American people behind. On the other hand, if the economy tanks between now and July Obama is a goner no matter what.

Well I guess you and those other party-before-country types can always hope....

This isn't a birth control issue moron. It's a first amendment issue. Whether you can force churches to supply birth control against their faith. Get your lies out of my country. Sleazeball.

Forum List

Back