Why Isn't Romney Kicking Santorum's Butt???

Where was the gaffe? Seems to have worked out pretty well for President Obama. It has the right talking about social issues and not what the American people want our representatives talking about. Looks like, politically, it was a pretty smart move. What was the gaffe? Having a provision in the ACA that is EXACTLY the same provision a number of states have?

Hate to point out the obvious, but if the economy is good the issue will be social, and more people have a problem with Obama's social agenda than you think. He is tacking far left and leaving the center right American people behind. On the other hand, if the economy tanks between now and July Obama is a goner no matter what.

Well I guess you and those other party-before-country types can always hope....

Tell me something, genius, why the fuck should I take you seriously when you gripe about personal attacks when you throw out a personal attack when I didn't? Are you exempt from the fucking rules you make asshole?
By the way, save yourself some time in counting this as me being mad, this is me using hyperbole to call out your partisan hacking again. Go back through this thread, read the response I posted to you, and note that I attacked Romney and Obama, both the party candidates. If that is putting party before country you are actually both independent and logical.

I don't know. The BC thing has turned out to have a political silver lining. Gotta love the GOP doubling down on fundie.

Seriously. WTF are they thinking??? If they nominate a guy who says my wife and I shouldn't have sex for the simple reason that it's really, really, insanely, make-the-neighbors-wonder-if- they-should-call-the-cops-or-something, great.... well FCUK THEM!

This isn't a birth control issue moron. It's a first amendment issue. Whether you can force churches to supply birth control against their faith. Get your lies out of my country. Sleazeball.

Well let see here. Hmmm. The guy said Quote: "Birth control is a license to enter a realm of sex that just isn't right". This was long before the whole Catholic thing. If you weren't a complete fcuking moron, you might have caught onto that. So I guess you can :suck: me. have a nice day.

Hate to point out the obvious, but if the economy is good the issue will be social, and more people have a problem with Obama's social agenda than you think. He is tacking far left and leaving the center right American people behind. On the other hand, if the economy tanks between now and July Obama is a goner no matter what.

Well I guess you and those other party-before-country types can always hope....

Tell me something, genius, why the fuck should I take you seriously when you gripe about personal attacks when you throw out a personal attack when I didn't? Are you exempt from the fucking rules you make asshole?
By the way, save yourself some time in counting this as me being mad, this is me using hyperbole to call out your partisan hacking again. Go back through this thread, read the response I posted to you, and note that I attacked Romney and Obama, both the party candidates. If that is putting party before country you are actually both independent and logical.

Would you like a tissue? I just pointed out you brought up that your hope is that the economy tanks so your candidate an win. Kleenex okay?

what a crock of shit....Once the GOP has a nominee the party faithful will support him. The Democrats were split over Obama and Hilary- guess what? After Obama sewed up the nomination, the Hilary supporters supported Obama. The same thing will happen for the GOP. Seriously, what conservative is going to vote for Obama over any of the Republicans?

Obama is in for a very tough fight, regardless of whom the GOP nominee is.

that's counter intuitive and counter to everything that's being indicated by the polls. now, all things are subject to change. but if the GOP thinks they can write off the vote of independent women, they're nuts.

and no, your "party faithful" won't vote for the president. they're obama-deranged and would eat off their own arms before pulling that lever.

but you don't win elections based on 'party faithful'.

why doesn't the extreme right understand that? are you so out of touch with how people think that you don't get it?

I have to study up on Santorum. He is speaking Monday night in our town. Not sure I'm on the invite list, but better than even odds of that.

Said another way:

Hey everyone! I am a really, really important important person, a V.I.P. even, in the town I live in and, as a result, I will probably get invited to attend Santorum's speech on Monday night. Bet you wish you were me!

Really, congratulations saveliberty, congratulations.

Barring more political gaffes like the one with the Catholics, an anomolous turn in the economy or the X-Factor, yes it actually looks very good for Obama.

Where was the gaffe? Seems to have worked out pretty well for President Obama. It has the right talking about social issues and not what the American people want our representatives talking about. Looks like, politically, it was a pretty smart move. What was the gaffe? Having a provision in the ACA that is EXACTLY the same provision a number of states have?

Do you think you can convince yourself? That last paragraph...........essentially says that Obama has no path to victory in November. Did it make you stop trembling when you typed it?

You obviously did not pay attention to what was happening in 2008. I am not really surprised, you still don't pay attention. Not only were the Hillary supporters not OK with Obama, they still hate him.

Obama Stole Election From*Hillary | Fellowship of the Minds

you know what, Windy, I'm just going to conclude that you are some kind of OCD guy who needs to contradict people. If I said the earth was round, you'd insist it was flat.

Obama got 69 million votes last time. More than anyone in history has ever gotten.

The Hillary folks were just fine with Obama. sorry. They just were.

The Republicans, on the other hand, are really pissing each other off, especially Romney and his slash and burn tactics. He'll get less votes than McCain did.

The Republicans, on the other hand, are really pissing each other off, especially Romney and his slash and burn tactics. He'll get less votes than McCain did.

Yup. And then it gets interesting, as the party debates whether it was because (a) Romney was just a lousy candidate in general, or (b) the party did not nominate a "true" conservative. The run-up to 2016 will be fascinating.

I think I can speak for many in the GOP, we don't trust Mitt Romney, nor do we like him. That said, we will vote for him in the general. Since the mainstream GOP and the left win media has effectively destroyed every other candidate except Romney and Santorum, all we have left to save us from Romney IS Santorum. I can't say that I'm all that happy about that either.
The media has seem to promote Newt; Republicans may prefer Santorum to Romney.

Yup. And then it gets interesting, as the party debates whether it was because (a) Romney was just a lousy candidate in general, or (b) the party did not nominate a "true" conservative. The run-up to 2016 will be fascinating.

Newt started the slash & burn, and the rest jumped on the I'M THE MOST CONSERVATIVE avalanche.

Newt started the slash & burn, and the rest jumped on the I'M THE MOST CONSERVATIVE avalanche.

Well, no, Romney did in Iowa. Newt didn't realy go negative until South Carolina.

It's looking good for Obama in November.

Barring more political gaffes like the one with the Catholics, an anomolous turn in the economy or the X-Factor, yes it actually looks very good for Obama.

I don't know. The BC thing has turned out to have a political silver lining. Gotta love the GOP doubling down on fundie.
Fundamental Christians may be torn between Santorum, a Catholic, Paul, a Baptist, and Romney, a Mormon. Or maybe Newt will rise again.

I think I can speak for many in the GOP, we don't trust Mitt Romney, nor do we like him. That said, we will vote for him in the general. Since the mainstream GOP and the left win media has effectively destroyed every other candidate except Romney and Santorum, all we have left to save us from Romney IS Santorum. I can't say that I'm all that happy about that either.

You don't trust him or like him.

You will vote for him.

Is there any doubt why we're 15 trillion in debt?

Fundamental Christians may be torn between Santorum, a Catholic, Paul, a Baptist, and Romney, a Mormon. Or maybe Newt will rise again.

that is a factor.

I see one difference already. With the February 28th primary coming, the ads are starting in Michigan. Romney has attack ads. Santorum is talking about what he wants to do. I really like that.

Santorum will be in town on Monday. The site is a very conservative college. Romney was invited, but will be a no-show. Excellent opportunity to show you're a conservative, unless you're not. Then again, we already know he isn't.

Because, unlike some other parties, the Republican party is a coalition of multiple viewpoints. That would be the point of the primary. So we can choose among many candidates one to represent us.

The thing you have to remember.... there isn't enough of you to take the Presidency. Y'all need to get someone who is smart enough, and moderate enough to bring in the independents... and, with fairly minimal effort, take the Catholic vote off Obama.... which will not be overly difficult, with Obama having lied to our Cardinal. That kind of behavior doesn't go down well with Catholics.

Keep an eye on Gingrich...

The Republican race is a game of political whack-a-mole with the latest and greatest anybody but Romney of the moment being Santorum. Whichever anybody but Romney sticks his head up gets attacked by Romney and the press and quickly drops back.

The only constant is Romney, who keeps plodding along. Santorum will fade in the limelight and Gongrich has another surge left in him

But in the end, it will be the ever plodding Romney who wins the race

Keep an eye on Gingrich...

The Republican race is a game of political whack-a-mole with the latest and greatest anybody but Romney of the moment being Santorum. Whichever anybody but Romney sticks his head up gets attacked by Romney and the press and quickly drops back.

The only constant is Romney, who keeps plodding along. Santorum will fade in the limelight and Gongrich has another surge left in him

But in the end, it will be the ever plodding Romney who wins the race

The liberal press wants Romney. That is all I need to know about that candidate.

Forum List

Back