why is Romney better?

You're misrepresenting Paul's position. We can stay engaged AND protect our interests without a permanent military presence in every corner of the globe.

That is your opinion, belied by world history which tells us otherwise.

Really? So history shows we must have a permanent military presence in every corner of the globe to protect our interests??

Putting aside that it would bankrupt us to maintain such a pervasive presence, can you really defend this kind of statement? At all?

Last election I supported Ron Paul. I paid more attention to what he was saying. I listened to his speeches, paid close attention to what he had to say during the debates. After giving him my full attention, I concluded that he's a lunatic.

I did the same with Romney. I concluded he's primarily a corporatist. Looking past his rhetoric (which changes with every interview) and focusing on his actual governance, reveals no respect for principles of liberty or limited government - quite the opposite.

No matter.

He's still not as stupid or as totalitarian as obama

Last edited:
I disagree. I think it needs to be managed much better than either Bush or Obama have done. There is almost no serious screening of cargo while we're patting down obvious non-threats.

That is just an example of a specific policy position that I have not seen from the Romney camp however; it could be about Iran. He says "Iran won't have a nuke if I'm President." How does he intend to stop it? Invasion? Sanctions? Air strikes? Proxy war through Israel?

SPECIFICS PLEASE ON WHY ROMNEY IS BETTER?

I does not look like air-strikes will destroy Iran's nuke facility. Sanctions are not working & have not worked in the past against Iran. That leaves invasion, proxy war, covert CIA destruction from the inside or just let them build a nuke. Currently we are using sanctions & CIA attacks with limited success.

Last edited:
I disagree. I think it needs to be managed much better than either Bush or Obama have done. There is almost no serious screening of cargo while we're patting down obvious non-threats.

That is just an example of a specific policy position that I have not seen from the Romney camp however; it could be about Iran. He says "Iran won't have a nuke if I'm President." How does he intend to stop it? Invasion? Sanctions? Air strikes? Proxy war through Israel?

I does not look like air-strikes will destroy Iran's nuke facility. Sanctions are not working & have not worked in the past against Iran. That leaves invasion, proxy war, covert CIA destruction from the inside or just let them build a nuke.

Yeah, I wish we knew what was going on in the Republican Candidate's mind at this point. His supporters don't seem to know either.

Last election I supported Ron Paul. I paid more attention to what he was saying. I listened to his speeches, paid close attention to what he had to say during the debates. After giving him my full attention, I concluded that he's a lunatic.

I did the same with Romney. I concluded he's primarily a corporatist. Looking past his rhetoric (which changes with every interview) and focusing on his actual governance, reveals no respect for principles of liberty or limited government - quite the opposite.

No matter.

He's still not as stupid or as totalitarian than obama

Heh... yeah. Well - that's all he's got, and frankly, it's not enough. For me, it stacks up about like this. I agree with Obama's policies approximately 20%, Romney - maybe - 21%, Paul 85%, Johnson 75%. I'm not going to waste a vote on a 1% difference.

I does not look like air-strikes will destroy Iran's nuke facility. Sanctions are not working & have not worked in the past against Iran. That leaves invasion, proxy war, covert CIA destruction from the inside or just let them build a nuke.

Yeah, I wish we knew what was going on in the Republican Candidate's mind at this point. His supporters don't seem to know either.

Romney's gonna say absolutely whatever he thinks he needs to say at any given moment. Period.

His supporters know that, but they don't care.

Romeny still backs historically failed ideas right in the face of obvious evidence.

He will never be president

What failed ideas does he support and what evidence is there contrary?

Id say he has a 75% chance of being President unless things change this summer in Obama's favor.

please give me a reason to vote for this guy.. (not that he's NOT Obumba!) why is he Better than Ron Paul???? :confused:

I think you need to work that out for yourself.

Personally, I support Romney because he's run a very successful business.being a corporate raider He understands what our economy needs to start growing again.austerity has failed yet again but he still backs it He's run a state,what was his employment rate while gov he knows how to balance a budget, he knows how to work with both sides in order to provide the best solutions for the countryNope hes a severe conservative remember. He understands and values the Constitution. He believes in the values that made us the most successful nation on earth. And he's a decent individual.

Ron Paul has some good ideas... unfortunately he is dangerously naive when it comes to international relations and foreign policy.

Romeny still backs historically failed ideas right in the face of obvious evidence.

Isn't that typical behavior among the right wing. They believe only what they want to believe. EVEN WHEN THEIR CANDIDATES SAYS THE OPPOSITE.

Republicans believe that Romney "saved" the Olympics without government involvement and that's a "testament" to his skills as a business manager:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpfeAIRYYHk]Romney - Several hundred million $ from govt. for Olympics - YouTube[/ame]

The same senate that gave us the Bush Tax cuts, the unfunded votes for pills bill, both of which cost trillions and both passed through reconciliation. Even the GOP base has no comment because they insist it's all lies. It's "right there" but it's all lies. Go figure.

please give me a reason to vote for this guy.. (not that he's NOT Obumba!) why is he Better than Ron Paul???? :confused:

Personally, I support Romney because he's run a very successful business. He understands what our economy needs to start growing again. He's run a state, he knows how to balance a budget, he knows how to work with both sides in order to provide the best solutions for the country. He understands and values the Constitution. He believes in the values that made us the most successful nation on earth. And he's a decent individual.

Ron Paul has some good ideas... unfortunately he is dangerously naive when it comes to international relations and foreign policy.

Translation- He doesn't bow down before Israel or put their needs ahead of ours...

Actually, we've had two businessmen Presidents.

Herbert Hoover and George W. Bush.

Enough said.

At least with Obama, you know where he stands. with Romney? :doubt:

Well, there's a way to find out where He stands... YOu just need to get one of these.

Magic_8_Ball_Assembled_by_billybob884.jpg

Personally, I support Romney because he's run a very successful business.being a corporate raider He understands what our economy needs to start growing again.austerity has failed yet again but he still backs it He's run a state,what was his employment rate while gov he knows how to balance a budget, he knows how to work with both sides in order to provide the best solutions for the countryNope hes a severe conservative remember. He understands and values the Constitution. He believes in the values that made us the most successful nation on earth. And he's a decent individual.

Isn't that typical behavior among the right wing. They believe only what they want to believe. EVEN WHEN THEIR CANDIDATES SAYS THE OPPOSITE.

Republicans believe that Romney "saved" the Olympics without government involvement and that's a "testament" to his skills as a business manager:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpfeAIRYYHk]Romney - Several hundred million $ from govt. for Olympics - YouTube[/ame]

The same senate that gave us the Bush Tax cuts, the unfunded votes for pills bill, both of which cost trillions and both passed through reconciliation. Even the GOP base has no comment because they insist it's all lies. It's "right there" but it's all lies. Go figure.

My question is, did the Olympics really need "saving"?

Would there have really been a catastrophe if Salt Lake City looked kind of cheezy because they put on a poor Olympics?

Read up on it.

I'll take that as "I got nuthin'"

You are foolish to believe that, but then again, you don't understand human nature as proved by your foolish adherence to Libertarianism as an actually way to run government.

Hehe... still nuthin? Listen, in your zeal to argue, you made a ridiculous statement that you can't defend. It happens. Best to own up to it and move on. Or just keep digging. Your call.

You won't have the option of voting for Ron Paul in the general election.

You will have the option to write him - or to vote for a Libertarian or an independent candidate. It's not required that we whore out our votes to the lesser of two weevils.

Forum List

Back