Occupy L.A. Plans "City Paralyzing" May Day Celebration

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
SPRING IS HERE. WE ARE COMING.

These 4 caravans, beginning in the late morning, coming from the North, South, East & West, will be an amalgam of cars and bikes, occupiers and unions, community orgs and organic communities — taking over our streets on routes designed to bring to light to societies ills, past and present, and engaging with residents and workers as we connect the disparate voices, races, classes and nationalities that make up Los Angeles. The caravans will stop at flashpoints along the way. Flash occupations, food giveaways, and other direct actions targeting the foreclosure crisis and police brutality will be undertaken at these flashpoints on our slow, city-paralyzing, carnival-esque descent into the center of the city.

After a day of actions and outreach that cripples capitalism in the city, Occupy Los Angeles will be hosting a special General Assembly at 7PM at Pershing Square. We will show those who claim power, where the true power lies — in our dedication to talking with each other and empowering ourselves to solve our own problems, the problems of the 99%.

Spring is Coming. | Occupy May 1st General Strike

Oh brother... :(

SPRING IS HERE. WE ARE COMING.

These 4 caravans, beginning in the late morning, coming from the North, South, East & West, will be an amalgam of cars and bikes, occupiers and unions, community orgs and organic communities — taking over our streets on routes designed to bring to light to societies ills, past and present, and engaging with residents and workers as we connect the disparate voices, races, classes and nationalities that make up Los Angeles. The caravans will stop at flashpoints along the way. Flash occupations, food giveaways, and other direct actions targeting the foreclosure crisis and police brutality will be undertaken at these flashpoints on our slow, city-paralyzing, carnival-esque descent into the center of the city.

After a day of actions and outreach that cripples capitalism in the city, Occupy Los Angeles will be hosting a special General Assembly at 7PM at Pershing Square. We will show those who claim power, where the true power lies — in our dedication to talking with each other and empowering ourselves to solve our own problems, the problems of the 99%.

Spring is Coming. | Occupy May 1st General Strike

Oh brother... :(

It's going to get ugly...

Firebombed? Seattle Bank of America Hit with Improvised Explosive Ahead of Possible ‘May Day’ Action

Police are investigating an improvised explosive device that was chucked through the window of a Bank of America in Seattle, Washington late Wednesday night.

According to police, the perpetrators threw a bottle filled with gasoline through the bank’s window, but luckily, the fire did not spread and no one was injured. They are treating the matter as attempted arson.

No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, but reports speculate that it could be connected to vociferous anarchist calls for shutting down Seattle ahead of “May Day” on May 1st.

Video at link.

Nerve wracking. May 2nd is also the anniversary of bin Laden's death. The NYPD is going to have its hands full.

The world’s biggest banks are working with one another and police to gather intelligence as protesters try to rejuvenate the Occupy Wall Street movement with May demonstrations, industry security consultants said.

Among 99 protest targets in midtown Manhattan on May 1 are JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) and Bank of America Corp. (BAC) offices, said Marisa Holmes, a member of Occupy’s May Day planning committee. Events are scheduled for more than 115 cities, including an effort to shut down the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, where Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC) investors relied on police to get past protests at their annual meeting this week.

Wall Street Tracks

I hope so! Usually these acivities run from the pleasant such as when the illegals had a May Day strike, to the merely nuisance around street closures.

I'd like to see it turn into a major riot as the true face of democrats.

I hope so! Usually these acivities run from the pleasant such as when the illegals had a May Day strike, to the merely nuisance around street closures.

The true face of democrats is the good cop to the republican bad cop, both are there to protect the same elite from the rabble.

The true face of democrats is the good cop to the republican bad cop, both are there to protect the same elite from the rabble.

Whatever face OWS takes on, will be hung around the democrat neck like a kick me sign. Will they burn the city, or turn chicken and content themselves with diverting traffic to Santa Monica Blvd while they lay down on Wilshire? I'm hoping for burn the city so the next RNC ad can be of LA burning and Nancy Pelosi saying "God Bless them".

Whatever face OWS takes on, will be hung around the democrat neck like a kick me sign. Will they burn the city, or turn chicken and content themselves with diverting traffic to Santa Monica Blvd while they lay down on Wilshire? I'm hoping for burn the city so the next RNC ad can be of LA burning and Nancy Pelosi saying "God Bless them".

OWS is the face of the general discontent in our country for our financial and political leaders, so easily you spit in that face.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qSvd2EEsEg&feature=related]President Obama and 'Occupy Wall Street' Protesters - Fox News Video - - YouTube[/ame]

I'm very concerned. My boys live in Phila, where mass protests are being organized. While I must say that Occupy Philly has remained fairly civil (only a couple rapes) they are no fans of the police. I suspect provoking the cops will be one of their "non violent" tactics. It makes for good headlines from the sympathetic and cheering press.

OWS is the face of the general discontent in our country for our financial and political leaders, so easily you spit in that face.

It is the face of the perpetually indolent who wants to tantrum for that new toy. The face should not be spat it. It should be ground into the mud of their own feces. OWS is obscene in the true definition of being utterly without social value. However, this does not mean without any value. If they can paralyze Los Angeles and burn a goodly part of it down, the publicity value against democrats will be priceless.

It might turn out like shutting down the Port did last summer. They show up, hang around for an hour and go back to whatever alley they call home.

These OWS loons have already had their 15 min. of fame.

Now they are just a sanitation problem for the Health Dept. to deal with.

Please... they havent even started. I just pray the people see how dangerous these guys are before they get too violent.

Putting an end to riot is fascism!

Good, it's time we all figured out what liberals think.

Forum List

Back