Why is media claiming the GOP is shutting down the govt?

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
There is a bill from the house that funds the federal govt
why is the press claiming other?

Same old lies

Same old lies

I don't know, man.

Why did the Stuttering Clusterfuck shut down White House tours for little kids but take a One Hundred Million Dollar African Vacation.

Wish he'd have stayed there.

Same old lies

Imagine in 2006 or 07 Nancy Pelosi said she would shut down the government unless her budget with expired tax cuts for the rich were included. Who would YOU say was then "shutting down the government"? Yeah, nobody's buying the GOP crap either.

Same old lies

Imagine in 2006 or 07 Nancy Pelosi said she would shut down the government unless her budget with expired tax cuts for the rich were included. Who would YOU say was then "shutting down the government"? Yeah, nobody's buying the GOP crap either.

Or funding everything except the Iraq war.

Same old lies

Why are they claiming it??

Because they are Liberal Left Wing Liars.

It really is that simple.

Same old lies

Because the GOP will not pass a budget without getting their way with Obamacare.

Get yer facts straight, kid.

It's not a budget. We haven't had a budget since the last time we had a real president....

It's a CR (continuing resolution)

As to shutting down the gubmint? dimocraps were all for shutting down the Wisconsin gubmint when a REPUBLICAN Governor tried to do something they didn't like.

And they did.

After Wisconsin, How Do Democrats Argue Against a GOP Government Shutdown? | The Weekly Standard

dimocraps are the scum of the earth

The House can still shut it down by not passing the Senate version of the CR right? They have the numbers, but do they have the will?

But we all know they are just playing to the dumbass "keep your gubmint hands off my Medicare" Teabag crowd right?

Same old lies
The debt ceiling has been raised dozens and dozens of times by presidents of BOTH PARTIES. It has been pretty much a house keeping task that has been handled with little difficulty. However, thanks to the current crop of republicans we are now seeing a party tieing its political agenda to a house keeping task. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY THAT THIS TACTIC HAS BEEN USED. Basically the gop is telling the Democrats and the United States that either you give us what we want or ELSE we screw the country and everyone in it!!!! It is government by blackmail and the press needs to point out that it is what it is even if you refuse to acknowledge the truth.

Same old lies

Or funding everything except the Iraq war.

They kept funding the Iraq war
why?
It was the right thing to do while they kept lying to re gain power
"W lied and people died"

Saddam killed 1 million and you liberals ignore that
Clinton stated there are still 1000s of WMDs missing, you ignore that -
the UN claimed the same in 1/2003
without terror, there no wars
you ignore that

The House can still shut it down by not passing the Senate version of the CR right? They have the numbers, but do they have the will?

But we all know they are just playing to the dumbass "keep your gubmint hands off my Medicare" Teabag crowd right?

The teabaggers got what they wanted by pulling a huge dog and pony show with "dr seuss" Cruz and his tantrum.

The right wingers, including mcconnell have said they will not stand with cruz and the teabaggers that want to shut the government down. I find it highly unlikely the the GOP would shut down the government, it will all be on them, and will cost them direly in 2014.

The GOP is the anti-government party. The Dems are the pro-government party. The GOP in particular has been hammering this simple dichotomy into the public's consciousness for years now.

When one side intentionally torpedos the federal government, who's it most likely to be? Those obstructionist shitbags in the House, who else?

Liberalism is founded on lies.

The Black Hole of Liberal Ignorance is a profound force in the universe.

No amount of facts can penetrate it in order to create a single synapse of independent thinking.

Bed wetters like greendouche above are a perfect illustration. He actually believes the bullshit he posts.

The teabaggers got what they wanted by pulling a huge dog and pony show with "dr seuss" Cruz and his tantrum.

The right wingers, including mcconnell have said they will not stand with cruz and the teabaggers that want to shut the government down. I find it highly unlikely the the GOP would shut down the government, it will all be on them, and will cost them direly in 2014.

Polls are now equal blame on both parties if a shutdown happens. Yes, you are correct, dems should quit holding Americans hostage.

Why? Because they are hoping its what the GOP try will do.

I doubt it will happen though.

The government was shut down in the middle of the 90's (I know, because I was active duty military when it happened) and it was bad for the GOP because they were the ones that did it.

Now? The same thing is being debated, and it's the GOP who is doing it yet again.

Sorry, but the GOP is going to be held to account yet again, only trouble is that there is sources that everyone can see (like the 'net) and they're going to be held accountable for what they do.

If the government is shut down again, it's the fault of the GOP (again), but this time the people will see who did it.

BTW....................if you REALLY support the troops, is it fair for them to be shot at without being paid?

I didn't think so back in the 90's (when I was active duty), and I don't think so now.

I have to express agreement. Neither side wants to shut it down.

I'm actually waiting to see what happens with obozocare. If it's half as bad as the republicrats claim it will be, watching the democrooks try and claim it's because of "Tea Party Anachist" sabotage that it failed will be amusing.

The republicrats just need to come out and tell the people, there's nothing more we can do about obozocare. We tried our best. If and when obozocare causes you to suffer, don't vote for a democrook in 2014 or 2016 and we'll get rid of it.

Polls are now equal blame on both parties if a shutdown happens. Yes, you are correct, dems should quit holding Americans hostage.

The polls are increasingly unequal...thanks in no small part to Nutbag Cruz...

government_shutdown.jpg

I have to express agreement. Neither side wants to shut it down.

I'm actually waiting to see what happens with obozocare. If it's half as bad as the republicrats claim it will be, watching the democrooks try and claim it's because of "Tea Party Anachist" sabotage that it failed will be amusing.

The republicrats just need to come out and tell the people, there's nothing more we can do about obozocare. We tried our best. If and when obozocare causes you to suffer, don't vote for a democrook in 2014 or 2016 and we'll get rid of it.

Interestingly enough, but Obamacare is working. In NY and other places where it has been implemented, rates for insurance rates have dropped significantly.

The GOP is scared because it is working, and they are realizing they are on the wrong side.

Forum List

Back