Why is it ok to burn the Bible but not the quran?

It's more a question of why do people do things to deliberately piss off religious fanatics. Christians will kill in the name of God also, it just takes different circumstances.

Retard, Christians stopped killing people over religion long before your Great-Grandaddy was born. And it wasn't just Christians, it was Spaniards and Portuguese explorers.

Learn to live in the present, not the past.

If Christians ever started acting like present-day Muslims I'm sure you'd get your panties in a bunch.
I certainly would.

Name them.
See NORTHERN IRELAND, THE CRUSADES, DAVID KORESH, JIM JONES, etc.

I back up willowtree. Go to ReligionofPeace.com - Islam: Making a True Difference in the World
statistics back up the facts that in 20 years alone....
in the name of allah
islamiic inspured killing surpasses in 20 years
over 600 of christtian killings.
and nowhere in the bible,does it state that you must convert or die
as the quran does.
i have studied it for 27 years
would you like me to recite actual passages?
Scott Roeder is another example. Though Ann THE MAN Coulter joked about the killing of Dr. Tiller, he was shot by a religious fanatic also.

I dont know how accurate this is.....will see what I can find....but I heard three things regarding the Qaran burning..

1) They were warehoused becuase they had found Muslim prisoners writing extremist messages in them

2) It is considered taboo to write in the Qaran

3) The ONLY proper way to destroy a Qaran that has been written in, is to burn it.

Anyone have information on this?

I dont know how accurate this is.....will see what I can find....but I heard three things regarding the Qaran burning..

1) They were warehoused becuase they had found Muslim prisoners writing extremist messages in them

3) The ONLY proper way to destroy a Qaran that has been written in, is to burn it.

They were warehoused becuase they had found Muslim prisoners writing extremist messages in them

I don't know

It is considered taboo to write in the Qaran
Heard the same thing

The ONLY proper way to destroy a Qaran that has been written in, is to burn it.

Yes I think this is true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where in the BIBLE does it say that God commands Christian's to kill in his name?

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; ... Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
-- Deuteronomy, Chapter 17:2-3,5

That's not a commandment for Christians to kill in the name of God try again.

Hey man give the lord God a break. When this was written the Baby Jesus wasn't even born yet.

He was such an angry God. (And don't tell me he didn't order his Peeps to kill women, children, old people, unbeleivers...) Then he had a kid and sort of mellowed out......:eusa_whistle:

Anyone have a clue?

Your postily atheist here to tickle the funny bone of many usmb members again.

But this time, I don't want to tickle any funnybones or play with your toes today!

I am here in total disgust! People think we Atheists burn bibles!!

Why do I say that? Well ask yourself, who else are willing to burn a bible?

The Eastern traditions? Nope, cause anger. the Eastern traditions dissuade against anger!

The Jews? Includes too much of their material(although badly translated from the Hewbrew) Nope, not the Jews!

The Muslims? They use it to cross reference with the Qu'ran. It is also considered a holy book to them.

So that leaves only us A-types! The Agnosticas and the Atheist!

I do not find it ok and to insinuate that it is ok is to imply those "Who might not give a damn because they do not believe in damnation" will is quite wrong.

Only Christ-haters seek to burn the bible. Not many of those. Even Cammmpbell does not hate Christians. He just like to annoy you.(Kind of suggesting he is a Christian to me)

I cannot verify any of this. If it is true maybe Obama should take another Middle East tour and explain that to them.

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; ... Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Hey man give the lord God a break. When this was written the Baby Jesus wasn't even born yet.

He was such an angry God. (And don't tell me he didn't order his Peeps to kill women, children, old people, unbeleivers...) Then he had a kid and sort of mellowed out......:eusa_whistle:

You're real bold when it comes to "Baby Jesus", go to Saudi Arabia and crack a wise one about Baby Muhammed and see where it lands you...:cool:

That's a license to kill isn't it? As long as it's Americans doing the dying. A leader like that who justifies the deaths of the men HE ORDERED into that country is a machurian, not a leader.
We didn't finish the war against radical Islam before turning resources to Iraq; there is no LICENSE to kill, but many remaining religious extremists. Thank GWB for that mistake.

GWB could not do a dam thing without the approval of congress.
So offer your sarcastic thanks to who deserves it....THEY are the ones who are supposed to keep the executive office in check.
Fine job they did.
They were lied to as were the American people. But yes, Congress shares the blame. The fact remains however, the war against al Qaeda should come before The Hunt For the Man Who Threatened Poppy. AND, Obama's claim he would end the war in Iraq in SIX MONTHS, I hold against him. Of course Rumsfield said it COULDN'T LAST SIX months, but he was just optimistic I guess.

I cannot verify any of this. If it is true maybe Obama should take another Middle East tour and explain that to them.

This article discusses most of it.
Seems "the way it was burned" is the issue at best.....

Quran burning: What is the respectful way to dispose of Islam's holy book? - CSMonitor.com

Again where does it say in the Bible that Christians are to kill in the name of God?

The whole point of this thread, even though the islamist apologists and excuse makers are in here, is that PRESENT DAY muslims are a bunch of weird, whacked out, blood thirsty killing machines that need nary any excuse at all to KILL NON MUSLIMS, INFIDELS, and PRESENT DAY Christians are the absolute opposite.

It's a double standard. People of the world are bent over BACKWARDS kissing muslim ass because they're SCARED OF THEM, while at the same time kicking and bashing the shit out of Christians BECAUSE CHRISTIANS AREN'T SAWING LIVING PEOPLE'S HEADS OFF, BLOWING INNOCENT PEOPLE UP AND FLYING PLANES INTO BUILDINGS KILLING THOUSANDS IN AN INSTANT!

It bugs the SHIT otta me when people dance around the heart of the matter and the cold, hard TRUTH. islam is a HORRIBLE, MURDEROUS CULT, and if it was eradicated from the face of the earth, 99% of all the KILLING AND DYING on this planet would END!

FUCK ISLAM, and FUCK THE QURAN, and FUCK THAT MUSLIM POS IN THE WHITE HOUSE FOR APOLOGIZING to them. Mother fucking traitor low life.

Last edited:
anyone have a clue?

your postily atheist here to tickle the funny bone of many usmb members again.

But this time, i don't want to tickle any funnybones or play with your toes today!

I am here in total disgust! People think we atheists burn bibles!!

Why do i say that? Well ask yourself, who else are willing to burn a bible?

The eastern traditions? Nope, cause anger. The eastern traditions dissuade against anger!

The jews? Includes too much of their material(although badly translated from the hewbrew) nope, not the jews!

The muslims? They use it to cross reference with the qu'ran. It is also considered a holy book to them.

So that leaves only us a-types! The agnosticas and the atheist!

I do not find it ok and to insinuate that it is ok is to imply those "who might not give a damn because they do not believe in damnation" will is quite wrong.

Only christ-haters seek to burn the bible. Not many of those. Even cammmpbell does not hate christians. He just like to annoy you.(kind of suggesting he is a christian to me)

wtf?

Christians are being murdered in Eygpt, Iraq, and every other Middle Eastern country that took part in the Arab Spring. One has been sentenced to death in Iran for failing to convert to Islam.

Religion of peace, my ass!
Perhaps the Sufis are an exception, and Islam in the Phillipines is much different. In the Middle East, we face extremists who obviously are NOT peaceful. Sunni vs. Shi'a is also a constant battle.

Where in the BIBLE does it say that God commands Christian's to kill in his name?

According to liberals nothing in the Bible actually ever happened anyway... so I don't see what your boo-hooing about.

The fact is Christians TODAY aren't killing and torturing people for apostasy, and the majority of christian denominations outside of Catholicism NEVER participated in any torturing or killing of ANY people EVER.

The other fact is somebody burned a Koran so the peace-loving muslim killed innocent Americans and our American president apologized to the blood-thirsty murderers for burning their "holy" book. Even a liberal can grasp the concept that human life is a little more valuable then books... or maybe they can't.

I really don't care what you've been told about liberals. I just provided a quote from the bible.

Yes that power has been taken away from all religionist in most western countries, however I believe that there are those who wish the church had power of life and death over people again.

I don't believe the President should have apologized. I think it's long past time to get our troops out.

We didn't finish the war against radical Islam before turning resources to Iraq; there is no LICENSE to kill, but many remaining religious extremists. Thank GWB for that mistake.

GWB could not do a dam thing without the approval of congress.
So offer your sarcastic thanks to who deserves it....THEY are the ones who are supposed to keep the executive office in check.
Fine job they did.
They were lied to as were the American people. But yes, Congress shares the blame. The fact remains however, the war against al Qaeda should come before The Hunt For the Man Who Threatened Poppy. AND, Obama's claim he would end the war in Iraq in SIX MONTHS, I hold against him. Of course Rumsfield said it COULDN'T LAST SIX months, but he was just optimistic I guess.

No ma'am. They were not lied to. That was political rhetoric that the likes of Hillary used when she camapigned against the war after voting in favor of it.

The intel was not just US intel. It was intel from many other countries as well claiming that there were WMD's. Bush and Cheney could not fudge the intel from other countries.

Besides, if Bush and Cheney had actually lied, you dont think the democratic party would have had hearings and likely impeachment proceedings? I mean, the president lying to congress and it costing over 4000 American lives?

No. They were not lied to. The intel was not accurate...but all indications were that it was.

I dont hold Obama to blame for it taking more than 6 months to get out. It may seem as easy as that....but it is much more difficult. You cant just get up, turn out the lights, shut the door and leave.

The whole point of this thread, even though the islamist apologists and excuse makers are in here, is that PRESENT DAY muslims are a bunch of weird, whacked out, blood thirsty killing machines that need nary any excuse at all to KILL NON MUSLIMS, INFIDELS, and PRESENT DAY Christians are the absolute opposite.

It's a double standard. People of the world are bent over BACKWARDS kissing muslim ass because they're SCARED OF THEM, while at the same time kicking and bashing the shit out of Christians BECAUSE CHRISTIANS AREN'T SAWING LIVING PEOPLE'S HEADS OFF, BLOWING INNOCENT PEOPLE UP AND FLYING PLANES INTO BUILDINGS KILLING THOUSANDS IN AN INSTANT!

It bugs the SHIT otta me when people dance around the heart of the matter and the hard cold TRUTH. islam is a HORRIBLE, MURDEROUS CULT, and if it was eradicated from the face of the earth, 99% of all the KILLING AND DYING on this planet would END!

FUCK ISLAM, and FUCK THE QURAN, and FUCK THAT MUSLIM POS IN THE WHITE HOUSE FOR APOLOGIZING to them. Mother fucking traitor low life.

Just because it needs to be repeated.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Thus Joshua struck all the land, the hill country and the Negev and the lowland and the slopes and all their kings. He left no survivor, but he utterly destroyed all who breathed, just as the LORD, the God of Israel, had commanded. (Joshua 10:40)

It bugs the SHIT otta me when people dance around the heart of the matter and the hard cold TRUTH. islam is a HORRIBLE, MURDEROUS CULT, and if it was eradicated from the face of the earth, 99% of all the KILLING AND DYING on this planet would END!

Just because it needs to be repeated.

Yes it does, even though the empty headed will continue to dance around the truth wasting their time talking about irrelevant bull shit.

Forum List

Back