Why is it ok to burn the Bible but not the quran?

It's more a question of why do people do things to deliberately piss off religious fanatics. Christians will kill in the name of God also it just takes different circumstances.

horseshit

What was the christian church doing just few hundred years ago in the holy land? Muslims still remember that even if some of us brush it off as inconsequential.

Where in the BIBLE does it say that God commands Christian's to kill in his name?

To quote a great movie from the 1980's, those sorts should try reading books instead of burning them.

Seriously, the idea of destroying a book is one I find repugnant. Up until recently in the course of humanity, a book was so rare as to almost be worth its weight in gold.

I guess I'm just old school like that. :dunno:

Lets reverse the scenario: Muslim soldiers occupy a US terrority and burn a bible while there - this would be ok? Or would some be offended? Enought to kill? Probably not. Enought to riot? Yes.

The soldiers acted foolishly. The commanding officers should answer to the deaths.
I agree.

To quote a great movie from the 1980's, those sorts should try reading books instead of burning them.

Seriously, the idea of destroying a book is one I find repugnant. Up until recently in the course of humanity, a book was so rare as to almost be worth its weight in gold.

I guess I'm just old school like that. :dunno:
No, many agree.

What kind of leader apologizes when his people are murdered?
The kind that wants to prevent FURTHER murders in an OCCUPIED country.

That's a license to kill isn't it? As long as it's Americans doing the dying. A leader like that who justifies the deaths of the men HE ORDERED into that country is a machurian, not a leader.

It's more a question of why do people do things to deliberately piss off religious fanatics. Christians will kill in the name of God also, it just takes different circumstances.

Retard, Christians stopped killing people over religion long before your Great-Grandaddy was born. And it wasn't just Christians, it was Spaniards and Portuguese explorers.

Learn to live in the present, not the past.

If Christians ever started acting like present-day Muslims I'm sure you'd get your panties in a bunch.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
horseshit

What was the christian church doing just few hundred years ago in the holy land? Muslims still remember that even if some of us brush it off as inconsequential.

Where in the BIBLE does it say that God commands Christian's to kill in his name?

It doesn't but that never stopped them, Just because Christianity has not recently engaged in holy terror does not mean that it cannot happen again and still does happen sporadically. Modern Christianity is built on the unbelievable bloodshed of the crusades, the inquisition, the reformation, the forced indoctrination of natives by missionaries, it's a long shameful list. Islam will eventually moderate just like the Christians did, in the meantime Christians have no right to act holier than thou on this.

Last edited:
Christians today as a majority generally have a live and let live position. Muslims today in more than a small minority are of a convert, submit or die position.

Forum List

Back