Why is it ok to burn the Bible but not the quran?

Some have however.

Name them.
See NORTHERN IRELAND, THE CRUSADES, DAVID KORESH, JIM JONES, etc.

I back up willowtree. Go to ReligionofPeace.com - Islam: Making a True Difference in the World
statistics back up the facts that in 20 years alone....
in the name of allah
islamiic inspured killing surpasses in 20 years
over 600 of christtian killings.
and nowhere in the bible,does it state that you must convert or die
as the quran does.
i have studied it for 27 years
would you like me to recite actual passages?

What was the christian church doing just few hundred years ago in the holy land? Muslims still remember that even if some of us brush it off as inconsequential.

Where in the BIBLE does it say that God commands Christian's to kill in his name?

It doesn't but that never stopped them, Just because Christianity has not recently engaged in holy terror does not mean that it cannot happen again and still does not happen sporadically. Modern Christianity is built on the unbelievable bloodshed of the crusades, the inquisition, the reformation, the forced indoctrination of natives by missionaries, it's a long shameful list. Islam will eventually moderate just like the Christians did, in the meantime Christians have no right to act holier than thou on this.

If the bible does not have it written that Christians are commanded to kill in the name of God those who do must not be Christians

Then i want apologies for all the burning and torture of christians and jews.
As do I; as we are OCCUPYING the nation, full of Muslims, letting be known their holy text was burned was UNWISE, to put it mildly.

horseshit

What was the christian church doing just few hundred years ago in the holy land? Muslims still remember that even if some of us brush it off as inconsequential.

Where in the BIBLE does it say that God commands Christian's to kill in his name?

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; ... Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
-- Deuteronomy, Chapter 17:2-3,5

According to Islam it is not ok to burn the Bible. The problem with these demonstrations are that most of these people are looking for any excuse to put America down. They want us out of there, otherwise they would have waited to see why this burning took place. It may have been a clerical mistake and not done on purpose.

The prominent Qatar based scholar, Yusuf al-Qaradawi despite condemning the desecration said,
".... Moreover, we, as Muslims, are required to show respect to and believe in the divinely-revealed books and all preceding prophets. If a person insults Jesus (peace be upon him), I, as a Muslim, should feel annoyed by this and act in his defense. This is what happened upon the release of a film which attacked Jesus: Muslims living in the country where the film was shown reacted angrily in protest. We believe in and highly respect all prophets and messengers, including Moses and Jesus (peace be upon them all).... The noble Quran even goes further and forbids us from cursing the pagans' idols, saying: (And do not abuse those whom they call upon besides Allah, lest exceeding the limits they should abuse Allah out of ignorance.) (Al-An`am 6:108)."
Dove World Quran-burning controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Name them.

I back up willowtree. Go to ReligionofPeace.com - Islam: Making a True Difference in the World
in the name of allah
as the quran does.
No argument from me. That is why we were attacked and entered Afghanistan, by ALSO starting a war in Iraq however, the fanatics' case that the US hates Islam was made stronger.* And by licking the feet of the Saudis as Bush did, we have left HANDS OFF the source of funding for the crazed.

*Yes, Saddam was a secular leader but the nation is MUSLIM.

It doesn't but that never stopped them, Just because Christianity has not recently engaged in holy terror does not mean that it cannot happen again and still does not happen sporadically. Modern Christianity is built on the unbelievable bloodshed of the crusades, the inquisition, the reformation, the forced indoctrination of natives by missionaries, it's a long shameful list. Islam will eventually moderate just like the Christians did, in the meantime Christians have no right to act holier than thou on this.

If the bible does not have it written that Christians are commanded to kill in the name of God those who do must not be Christians

It's just that simple huh?

I'm a christian. Burn a Bible, I'll just hand you a "Jesus Loves you" paper tract and go about my business.

I have a job. I serve my country and live like a responsable human being.

I don't have time to riot, pillage, and murder people who burn books.

I guess I don't do such things because I'm not a card carrying member of the peace-loving Muslim religion.

Who's going to apologize to the innocent people's families that these criminals killed? Who's going to go to trial for killing them? Who's going to try them? Nobody.

Because Obama could CARELESS about American lives. The American military. He basically spit on the American military with this apology. It's treasonous.

Christians are being murdered in Eygpt, Iraq, and every other Middle Eastern country that took part in the Arab Spring. One has been sentenced to death in Iran for failing to convert to Islam.

Religion of peace, my ass!

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; ... Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

That's not a commandment for Christians to kill in the name of God try again.

Name them.

in the name of allah
as the quran does.
No, I have read the Koran. We helped radical Islam get a hold in Afghanistan, read up on the REAGAN/BUSH I years. Ronnie was so HAPPY to have the Soviets out, he gave the country to the Taliban!

It's just that simple huh?

Yes it's just that simple.

What kind of leader apologizes when his people are murdered?
The kind that wants to prevent FURTHER murders in an OCCUPIED country.

That's a license to kill isn't it? As long as it's Americans doing the dying. A leader like that who justifies the deaths of the men HE ORDERED into that country is a machurian, not a leader.
We didn't finish the war against radical Islam before turning resources to Iraq; there is no LICENSE to kill, but many remaining religious extremists. Thank GWB for that mistake.

According to liberals nothing in the Bible actually ever happened anyway... so I don't see what your boo-hooing about.

The fact is Christians TODAY aren't killing and torturing people for apostasy, and the majority of christian denominations outside of Catholicism NEVER participated in any torturing or killing of ANY people EVER.

The other fact is somebody burned a Koran so the peace-loving muslim killed innocent Americans and our American president apologized to the blood-thirsty murderers for burning their "holy" book. Even a liberal can grasp the concept that human life is a little more valuable then books... or maybe they can't.

The kind that wants to prevent FURTHER murders in an OCCUPIED country.

That's a license to kill isn't it? As long as it's Americans doing the dying. A leader like that who justifies the deaths of the men HE ORDERED into that country is a machurian, not a leader.
We didn't finish the war against radical Islam before turning resources to Iraq; there is no LICENSE to kill, but many remaining religious extremists. Thank GWB for that mistake.

GWB could not do a dam thing without the approval of congress.
So offer your sarcastic thanks to who deserves it....THEY are the ones who are supposed to keep the executive office in check.
Fine job they did.

Forum List

Back