Why is it ok to burn the Bible but not the quran?

You're real bold when it comes to "Baby Jesus", go to Saudi Arabia and crack a wise one about Baby Muhammed and see where it lands you...:cool:

Yeah I'm real bold in my country, thanks to the First Amendment finally trumping the religionist. Why the fuck would I, an avowed non-believer, want to go to Saudi Arabia? Religionist are in total power. You so crazy man....

Exactly. That would be extremely scary regardless of the religion.

By the same token a government that opposed any and all religion would be frightening.

How could he be? The Baby Jesus wasn't even born yet.

Did Moses whorship the same God as Christans?

Are the words of the Bible fallible?

After all it isn't part of the Christian Myth that he is the begining and the end? So what does it matter when his proclamation about killing non-believers was made?

Still waiting. Where in the Bible does it say that a Christian is commanded to kill in the name of God? After all that was the point someone was trying to make earlier. So where's the proof?

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; ... Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
-- Deuteronomy, Chapter 17:2-3,5

According to liberals nothing in the Bible actually ever happened anyway... so I don't see what your boo-hooing about.

The fact is Christians TODAY aren't killing and torturing people for apostasy, and the majority of christian denominations outside of Catholicism NEVER participated in any torturing or killing of ANY people EVER.

The other fact is somebody burned a Koran so the peace-loving muslim killed innocent Americans and our American president apologized to the blood-thirsty murderers for burning their "holy" book. Even a liberal can grasp the concept that human life is a little more valuable then books... or maybe they can't.

I really don't care what you've been told about liberals. I just provided a quote from the bible.

Yes that power has been taken away from all religionist in most western countries, however I believe that there are those who wish the church had power of life and death over people again.

I don't believe the President should have apologized. I think it's long past time to get our troops out.

Christians don't live by the old testament retard. Christianity began with the birth, the short life, and the death of Jesus Christ. So stop quoting the old testament. The old testament is how the muslims live. btw it was ten years ago today that the muslims cut of Daniel Pearl's head and posted it on you tube. go ahead and rationalize that whydonchya?

btw it was ten years ago today that the muslims cut of Daniel Pearl's head and posted it on you tube.

How many Palestinians have been slaughtered by the zionists since 1925? And financed by the US since 1949?

How many Iraqis were slaughtered bu US forces ?

Go ahead and rationalize that , whydonchya?

Was Moses a Christian?

After all it isn't part of the Christian Myth that he is the begining and the end? So what does it matter when his proclamation about killing non-believers was made?

And how is it that you know that He isn't the beginning and the end?

<<< this oughtta be good >>>

Why should I answer your question?

You certainly didn't answer mine.

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; ... Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
-- Deuteronomy, Chapter 17:2-3,5

That's not a commandment for Christians to kill in the name of God try again.

Thus Joshua struck all the land, the hill country and the Negev and the lowland and the slopes and all their kings. He left no survivor, but he utterly destroyed all who breathed, just as the LORD, the God of Israel, had commanded. (Joshua 10:40)

Hey....here's a suggestion!
STOP USING THE OLD TESTAMENT AS PROOF OF ISSUES OF TODAY!!!!!
If you're talking to Christians about the Bible, stop talking about all the old stuff and go to the New Testament please. Christians refer to the old testament for more of a "history" lesson. Please refer to the New Testament when you're talking about issues of TODAY, because the old laws were fulfilled when Jesus was born, and Christians do not follow the old laws, they weren't needed any more once Jesus came.

Thanks.....Now carry on. :)

Beginning and end of what? And why a "he"?

Christain Mythology.

But good point.

Why should I answer your question?

You certainly didn't answer mine.

Is a person a Christian if they kill in the name of God?

Thus Joshua struck all the land, the hill country and the Negev and the lowland and the slopes and all their kings. He left no survivor, but he utterly destroyed all who breathed, just as the LORD, the God of Israel, had commanded. (Joshua 10:40)

If you're talking to Christians about the Bible, stop talking about all the old stuff and go to the New Testament please. Christians refer to the old testament for more of a "history" lesson. Please refer to the New Testament when you're talking about issues of TODAY, because the old laws were fulfilled when Jesus was born, and Christians do not follow the old laws, they weren't needed any more once Jesus came.

Right, because good Christians would never use passages in the Old Testament to condemn something people do today right??????

Right, because good Christians would never use passages in the Old Testament to condemn something people do today right??????
Is a person a christian if he goes away from his christian teachings?

Having just joined the thread and not having read all replies, has anyone asked and has it been answered where in our laws it says that a Koran cannot be burned?

As far as I know it is not illegal to burn a Koran. Muslims object to it, but then I would object to the burning of the Bible as well, but without any legal recourse against the offender unless of course he started a fire that burned down my home.

Immie

Yeah, stop using an outdated book that's 5,000 years old when the new updated version is only 2,000 years old.

Is a person a christian if he goes away from his christian teachings?

Wouldn't that depend on how far he strays from the christian teaching?

Yeah, stop using an outdated book that's 5,000 years old when the new updated version is only 2,000 years old.

:lol::lol::lol::eek:

Forum List

Back