Question for republicans

Would you vote for a republican who's plan included an increase to debt and deficits?

• Total voters

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
Would you vote for a republican who's plan included an increase to debt and deficits?

If you could, make a post explaining your position.

Thanks

(Votes are public, just as an fy)

Just an honest question, i dunno how many will participate but in the past most reps i've spoken to know their candidate will increase the debt and deficts, just at a lower pace than Obama.

This is not a yes/no single issue question. It makes some base assumptions that are not quite accurate.

1. All debt is bad.
2. All spending is equal in outcome

Both these assumptions are flawed. For example, going into debt to start a business that will generate revenue is good. Going into debt for a car or house is also considered good because they are assets. Going into debt to finance a gambling trip to Vegas? Very bad. Investing in Gold? Very good. Investing in lottery tickets? Yeesh!

So what are they going to drive up deficits for? Things that will improve the ability of this nation to earn and become more stable (like domestic energy production, or highways used by millions) or weaker (subsidize weak businesses, bailing out bad investors or inflating a popped balloon market)?

We're far beyond your analogies on deficit spending and debt. Ok, that's an incredible understatement on my part....

This is not a yes/no single issue question. It makes some base assumptions that are not quite accurate.

1. All debt is bad.

Both these assumptions are flawed. For example, going into debt to start a business that will generate revenue is good. Going into debt for a car or house is also considered good because they are assets. Going into debt to finance a gambling trip to Vegas? Very bad. Investing in Gold? Very good. Investing in lottery tickets? Yeesh!

So what are they going to drive up deficits for? Things that will improve the ability of this nation to earn and become more stable (like domestic energy production, or highways used by millions) or weaker (subsidize weak businesses, bailing out bad investors or inflating a popped balloon market)?

I didn't say a word about whether debt was bad or good, that assumption you're addressing is the one you yourself made.

I also expressed no opinion on deficits.

Please re-read the original post.

1. All debt is bad.

I didn't say a word about whether debt was bad or good, that assumption you're addressing is the one you yourself made.

The question is loaded in it's very nature based on the current base political environment that one is right, and the other is wrong.

1. All debt is bad.

The question is loaded in it's very nature based on the current base political environment that one is right, and the other is wrong.

Again, that's your assumption.

I don't care if someone thinks debt or deficits are good for this discussion.

Then why are you asking the question?

1. All debt is bad.

The question is whether republican voters believe their candidates plan should cut the deficit spending and debt. Not whether one is right or wrong. Fiscal responsibility is not an arbitrarily made decision.

Like I said, we're leaps and bounds beyond acceptable and intermediate deficit spending for a long term potential return to surplus.

The question is whether republican voters believe their candidates plan should cut the deficit spending and debt. Not whether one is right or wrong. Fiscal responsibility is not an arbitrarily made decision.

Like I said, we're leaps and bounds beyond acceptable and intermediate deficit spending for a long term potential return to surplus.
Not to mention when the nation is broke, every dollar spent is deficit spending.

Then why are you asking the question?

Cuz i want to know if they're willing to vote for someone who adds to the debt and deficits.

Don't mind Big Fitz, he can't balance his own checkbook, nevermind that of the country. Just humor him.

No, clarifying that the question is not a cut and dried yes/no question.

And what if some deficits are good because you can grow out of them and others are not, because they add to the problem? why is this not put into consideration?

Forum List

Back