Why is Biden giving money to India to improve their infrastructure?

80% of all able bodied adults receiving government benefits are already working at least one full time job.

Your problems aren't because people aren't working. It's because working people aren't paid enough money to live on. Raise the wages, cut taxes, and increase benefits to low wage workers. Single payer healthcare for all.

You've made life so hard and so financially difficult for working men and women, your life expectancy is declining, and both drug addiction and alcoholism are overrunning the poorest areas of the country. These are the diseases of despair.

No other first world country is experiencing the extent and degree of mental illness, mass shootings, drug addiction, gun violence, and self harm as Americans. And no other first world country has the wage and wealth inequity of the USA.
Wow, sounds like a terrible place. Why do you suppose so many want to come here then? Why do you obviously wish you were an American?

"EVs with batteries will be looked at as the 8-track or cassette players of the past by 2030."

"I'm convinced that some car manufacturers got together and convinced government that EVs are [the] way to go and the stupid people in governments bought it hook line and sinker."

Here we have President Potatohead, the dumbest President ever, giving money to a foreign country to build stupid worthless EV buses.

Neither no you

The op makes a good point

If india wants electric busses it should pay for them itself
I do. We aren’t spending taxpayer money. The OPs point is wrong because it is based on incorrect assumptions.

Wow, sounds like a terrible place. Why do you suppose so many want to come here then? Why do you obviously wish you were an American?

Because they're living in shit hole countries where things are worse, or where they are in danger.

Notice how nobody has to build a wall on your Northern Border to ensure all those freedom loving Canadians aren't sneaking into the USA to escape our "communist government" free health coverage, and violence in the streets, but we frequently have to deal with surges of border jumpers looking to escape the USA. Starting with the draft dodgers in the 1970's.

Cradle to the grave social programs. Lots of programs to help lift Canadians out of poverty, increase skills, start businesses. Child tax benefits of up to $500 per month, per child for low income families. Programs to help TAXPAYERS, not the corporations and the wealthy.

Roots, the iconic Canadian clothing company was founded by two American draft dodgers who spent their summers as kids at the T&W camps in the Muskokas.

Sarah Palin admitted that when she was little, her family used to sneak across the border and to get "free health care" in Canada, because her family was poor.

I have no wish to be an American. I've turned down numerous opportunities to move to the USA, including an offer of marriage, because I didn't want to leave Canada.

Because they're living in shit hole countries where things are worse, or where they are in danger.

Notice how nobody has to build a wall on your Northern Border to ensure all those freedom loving Canadians aren't sneaking into the USA to escape our "communist government" free health coverage, and violence in the streets, but we frequently have to deal with surges of border jumpers looking to escape the USA. Starting with the draft dodgers in the 1970's.

Cradle to the grave social programs. Lots of programs to help lift Canadians out of poverty, increase skills, start businesses. Child tax benefits of up to $500 per month, per child for low income families. Programs to help TAXPAYERS, not the corporations and the wealthy.

Roots, the iconic Canadian clothing company was founded by two American draft dodgers who spent their summers as kids at the T&W camps in the Muskokas.

Sarah Palin admitted that when she was little, her family used to sneak across the border and to get "free health care" in Canada, because her family was poor.

I have no wish to be an American. I've turned down numerous opportunities to move to the USA, including an offer of marriage, because I didn't want to leave Canada.
Glad you like your country….stay there please.

I do. We aren’t spending taxpayer money. The OPs point is wrong because it is based on incorrect assumptions.
You font really know where the money id coming from based on the info we have

It mentions “private and public funding” which means some tax dollars

You font really know where the money id coming from based on the info we have
Yes I do. The information we have indicates it’s coming from the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation.

Aka tax dollars
Actually no. The U.S. International Development Finance Corporation is self funded with returns on their investments.

This is what I mean. You guys don’t know what you’re talking about.

Actually no. The U.S. International Development Finance Corporation is self funded with returns on their investments.

This is what I mean. You guys don’t know what you’re talking about.
I know the usidfc is using American tax dollars

Why is President Potatohead giving tons of money to the damn Indians to improve their infrastructure and to build absolutely worthless electric busses when we are $33 trillion in debt?

Why is he putting my children and grandchildren in debt to give welfare to those assholes? Is he stupid or what?

Meanwhile Hawaii isn't getting much of anything after their disaster.

Electric busses, really? Those things never work and where in the hell are they going to get the power to recharge? From coal burning power stations?

What the hell is a renewable infrastructure investment fund? Sounds like another idiotic Environmental Wacko slush fund that the Democrats will scam. Think Ole Hunter was able to get a kickback out of that?

23. Reiterating the importance of decarbonizing the transport sector, the leaders welcomed progress to expand electric mobility in India, including joint support for a payment security mechanism financed through both public and private funds. This will accelerate the procurement of 10,000 made-in India electric buses including those for the Indian PM e-Bus Sewa program that will include the associated charging infrastructure. The two countries are committed to working together to help diversify the global supply chain for e-mobility.

24. India and the United States are also advancing the creation of investment platforms to lower the cost of capital and accelerate the deployment of greenfield renewable energy, battery storage and emerging green technology projects in India. Towards this end, India's National Investment and Infrastructure Fund and the U.S. Development Finance Corporation exchanged letters of intent to each provide up to US$500 million to anchor a renewable infrastructure investment fund.

Joint Statement from India and the United States | The White House

The same reason every president has given away money to other countries. The US has always bought our friends.

Why is President Potatohead giving tons of money to the damn Indians to improve their infrastructure and to build absolutely worthless electric busses when we are $33 trillion in debt?

Why is he putting my children and grandchildren in debt to give welfare to those assholes? Is he stupid or what?

Meanwhile Hawaii isn't getting much of anything after their disaster.

Electric busses, really? Those things never work and where in the hell are they going to get the power to recharge? From coal burning power stations?

What the hell is a renewable infrastructure investment fund? Sounds like another idiotic Environmental Wacko slush fund that the Democrats will scam. Think Ole Hunter was able to get a kickback out of that?

23. Reiterating the importance of decarbonizing the transport sector, the leaders welcomed progress to expand electric mobility in India, including joint support for a payment security mechanism financed through both public and private funds. This will accelerate the procurement of 10,000 made-in India electric buses including those for the Indian PM e-Bus Sewa program that will include the associated charging infrastructure. The two countries are committed to working together to help diversify the global supply chain for e-mobility.

24. India and the United States are also advancing the creation of investment platforms to lower the cost of capital and accelerate the deployment of greenfield renewable energy, battery storage and emerging green technology projects in India. Towards this end, India's National Investment and Infrastructure Fund and the U.S. Development Finance Corporation exchanged letters of intent to each provide up to US$500 million to anchor a renewable infrastructure investment fund.

Joint Statement from India and the United States | The White House
It's about their big 'sponsors', i.e. corp America lining DC pockets to push things like this through. Big financial/tech corps rely on cheap tech labor in India, the company I work for has 50% of their tech labor as offshore contractors. I'm sure they'd love for India to have improved infrastructure, makes their cheap labor more available and reliable. They pay a good dev 6 figures here in the states, over there it costs them 1/10 of that. So in the end, middle class Americans get more taken from their paychecks and watch their good paying tech jobs going bye bye.

It's about their big 'sponsors', i.e. corp America lining DC pockets to push things like this through. Big financial/tech corps rely on cheap tech labor in India, the company I work for has 50% of their tech labor as offshore contractors. I'm sure they'd love for India to have improved infrastructure, makes their cheap labor more available and reliable. They pay a good dev 6 figures here in the states, over there it costs them 1/10 of that. So in the end, middle class Americans get more taken from their paychecks and watch their good paying tech jobs going bye bye.
Meanwhile most of the Indians Americans have contact with are the shitheads that we are directed to when we call any kind of customer service.

Do you know that the most successful people in America are the Indians ( real Indians not the American injun).

Let them fund their country's development

They're taking all of those high paying tech jobs out there, and into upper management as well. And they're also outsourcing a lot of the tech jobs to their buddies back in India.

Forum List

Back