Why is $3 billion worth of cancer drugs being thrown away?

The same people that US healthcare companies buy from.Ours are a lot cheaper apparently.

I am wondering how much money insurance companies make and spend compared to the NHS.

Do you really think insurance is all that willing to just pay......because they are nice guys.

I mean....doesn't tickle your interest just a little to actually consider that fact ?

The same people that US healthcare companies buy from.Ours are a lot cheaper apparently.

I am wondering how much money insurance companies make and spend compared to the NHS.

Do you really think insurance is all that willing to just pay......because they are nice guys.

I mean....doesn't tickle your interest just a little to actually consider that fact ?

And of course you ask this of someone whose citizens haven't had to deal with private insurers since 1948...

You also have to wonder just how long this has been going on.

Did it just start happening.

And if it has been going on a while....someone just figured it out.

How curious.

Kinda makes you wonder.

You also have to wonder just how long this has been going on.

Did it just start happening.

And if it has been going on a while....someone just figured it out.

How curious.

Kinda makes you wonder.
I am guessing that it has been going on for a long time. If every component of your health system has to be profitable then that profit represents an extra burden for the patient to carry.
As an example lets look at cleaning.If a hospital employs its own cleaning team then there are costs involved. If they contract this out then there are costs involved plus the need for the contractor to make a profit for its backers.

I am not an expert but I imagine that it would come down to economy of scale. You can always get a better deal if you are buying in bulk.

I am not an expert but I imagine that it would come down to economy of scale. You can always get a better deal if you are buying in bulk.

My point is that our health insurance companies are not going to sit back and pay more for drugs than they need to.

if they are paying more, they must be subsidized.

The greedy don't give a way their money easily.

My point is that our health insurance companies are not going to sit back and pay more for drugs than they need to.

How much do the drug companies pay the politicians ?

Most of the industry's political spending paid for federal lobbying. Medicine makers hired about 3,000 lobbyists, more than a third of them former federal officials, to advance their interests before the House, the Senate, the FDA, the Department of Health and Human Services, and other executive branch offices.

Drug lobby second to none

And I really have to wonder how closely drug and insurance companies are tied.

It would be a conflict of interest....but we have such a robust oversight group (not) that I can easily see it working.

Why don't you leftards just go to Cuba to get treated? You've claimed for years their healthcare is superior.

Does Cuba use all the drug in the vial ?
Cuba has a shortage of aspirin, so I doubt there are many vials of anything.

Can you link to that ?

Seems like we have all kinds of companies that would sell them cheap asprin.
Got to have money to buy.

Why don't you leftards just go to Cuba to get treated? You've claimed for years their healthcare is superior.

Does Cuba use all the drug in the vial ?
Cuba has a shortage of aspirin, so I doubt there are many vials of anything.

Can you link to that ?

Seems like we have all kinds of companies that would sell them cheap asprin.
Got to have money to buy.

Do you have a link ?

So if Cuba had aspirin Americans wouldnt get ripped off by their drug companies ?

I believe post #30 was a dig at the WHO who claims our health care system is just a clean band-aid better than Cuba.

I happen to agree that the WHO rankings are not that meaningful.

So if Cuba had aspirin Americans wouldnt get ripped off by their drug companies ?

You'll find that kind of "argument" frequently on this board.

Poster 1: Hi, we're talking about billions of dollars being wasted on cancer drugs because the packaging forces hospitals to discard most of them. Are you interested?

Poster 2: Obamacare is teh Suk! Cuba has no aspirin! Kill Obamacare now!

:dunno:

In the UK the drug companies sponsor "conferences" in warm places for Doctors. They would prefer them to prescribe, for example, Nurofen rather than a generic. There is no difference between the two apart from the price.
Nurofen's maker misled consumers over painkillers' contents, court rules
They also spend a lot of money in pharmacies trying to get them to push the branded stuff. Most people who work in the pharmacies dont see themselves as sales assistants and will tell you the truth.
Its a dirty business.

Forum List

Back