Filing Taxes - 1095

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
has anyone been through this or does everyone use a personal accountant to do their taxes?

I've got a guy that does it for $75. I have everything one one sheet of paper though, materials, tools and all expenses with four quarters of income.

I'm expecting to get nailed for it. I didn't have insurance because I couldn't afford it. Therefore I must be punished. I have the 1095, but I already filed my taxes, so I am not sure what to do with it, if anything.

H&R Block offers off season tax classes. They include the needed software to fill out many forms plus generate your own. Same class they give the employees. Class costs about 325 dollars and YES tax classes ARE tax deductable.

well I'll be working on reading and doing all that junk today.
is a good day for it since I'm still getting over this cold

thank you! I have had a few this winter, very unusual for me. I never get sick!

never mind about this, I figured it out...maybe i should not be doing my taxes today! DUH!

never mind about this, I figured it out...maybe i should not be doing my taxes today! DUH!

Been there, and done that. Doing a project, trying to think through it while sick, and finally realizing... this is crap.... I shouldn't be trying to do something that requires thought right now....

:)

Been there, and done that. Doing a project, trying to think through it while sick, and finally realizing... this is crap.... I shouldn't be trying to do something that requires thought right now....

:)

We have someone giving us a crock pot of roast so, looking forward to that! Am just about done adding up our medical expenses.. which we don't have enough probably to use for our itemized deductions (which, I guess, is actually a good thing health-wise!)

I hope YOU feel better soon too!

has anyone been through this or does everyone use a personal accountant to do their taxes?

Do you want to explain what a 1095 is for.

It might help the conversation.

Sure. 1095, is the new paperwork that is filed with the IRS, to verify that you have health insurance coverage. The lack of which, results in you being fined an additional tax.

In short it's your Obama Care tax penalty form.

The form should look something similar to this:

Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 10.56.00 PM.png

Chances are the employer already filed the appropriate paperwork, but if not, and you don't get this form, you will likely be penalized.

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... it's part o' dat Obamacare foolishness...

... dat Trump gonna do away with...

... when he gets to be Prez'dent."

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... it's part o' dat Obamacare foolishness...

... dat Trump gonna do away with...

... when he gets to be Prez'dent."
It would have been much easier if it just said "keep this for your files for proof of insurance" .... but no, I had to ready the entire page of fine print... my bad

The form should look something similar to this:

View attachment 66205

Chances are the employer already filed the appropriate paperwork, but if not, and you don't get this form, you will likely be penalized.

Yeah they did - I was making too much of it - I realized it was just something for me to keep to show I had insurance..

Forum List

Back