Why don't we ban alcoholic beverages instead of making it illegal to drive drunk?

DLjuRW6XkAE_bGL.jpg

The chances of any American getting shot while going to a movie or concert tomorrow is extremely slim as well. The difference however is that one of the people being shot at will be able to shoot back and disable the suspect long before the police arrive. If somebody starts shooting at you, you're just a sitting duck.

The chances of me being shot are almost nil. Since the by back and law change in 1996 there have been no random mass shootings. And if somebody does have a gun it won't be a semi or full auto.

[

No it's not 50 years old you IDIOT
It uses Data from 2004

MAybe you should learn how to read

Nice way to address my point. Not. So you don't mind the US being compared to the Soviet Union. You telling me they don't do that either? It then starts talking about the former Soviet republics and comparing their murder rates to the US.

It then gives a charge that says Luxembourg has a murder rate of 9 per 100,000 and says in the appendix that Also without explanation, the nations covered differ from year to year. I get why they would cover their bases when the murder rate in Luxembourg is actually a lot less than that.

23px-Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg.png
Luxembourg 0.72 4 Europe Western Europe 2014

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia

And they account for 1% of all murders.

99% of murders happen outside of mass shootings

Yeah, well I know for a fact if I go the movies tomorrow I will NOT get shot. Ditto going to a concert. And if some loon does have a gun it won't be an auto or semi auto. You?

Gee I've been to the movies 3 times in the last month and I haven't been shot.

I went to outdoor concerts in the last couple years and have not been shot

But if you were in Aurora or Las Vegas or Sandy Hook or Columbine you might have been. I can't name any place down here where that would have happened.

The chances of any American getting shot while going to a movie or concert tomorrow is extremely slim as well. The difference however is that one of the people being shot at will be able to shoot back and disable the suspect long before the police arrive. If somebody starts shooting at you, you're just a sitting duck.

The chances of me being shot are almost nil. Since the by back and law change in 1996 there have been no random mass shootings. And if somebody does have a gun it won't be a semi or full auto.

It doesn't have to be a mass shooting in order for you to get killed. It could be somebody out in the parking lot trying to steal your car.

In any case you are no better off today than before the gun ban; probably in many instances you are worse off. We Americans found that out with our own gun ban. It didn't do a lick of good, so we got rid of it.

[It doesn't have to be a mass shooting in order for you to get killed. It could be somebody out in the parking lot trying to steal your car.

In any case you are no better off today than before the gun ban; probably in many instances you are worse off. We Americans found that out with our own gun ban. It didn't do a lick of good, so we got rid of it.

Of course we are better off. That chances of some random nutter going postal is almost zero.

Drunk driving kills roughly 30 people EVERY SINGLE DAY IN AMERICA.

Alcohol is legal to consume with certain age and location limitations.

Drunk Driving is illegal....yet it happens...and people die.

We should ban all alcohol to make sure we never have any more drunk driving fatalities.

It's the only way to be sure and save 10,000 lives per year in America.

Not only that but, unlike guns, alcohol is addictive and impairs your ability to reason. How many people were not in control of their actions due to alcohol and/or drugs? And the left wants to legalize drugs.

[

No it's not 50 years old you IDIOT
It uses Data from 2004

MAybe you should learn how to read

Nice way to address my point. Not. So you don't mind the US being compared to the Soviet Union. You telling me they don't do that either? It then starts talking about the former Soviet republics and comparing their murder rates to the US.

It then gives a charge that says Luxembourg has a murder rate of 9 per 100,000 and says in the appendix that Also without explanation, the nations covered differ from year to year. I get why they would cover their bases when the murder rate in Luxembourg is actually a lot less than that.

23px-Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg.png
Luxembourg 0.72 4 Europe Western Europe 2014

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia
The point that flew right over your head is that gun control gun laws and or gun bans do not reduce the murder rate and the availability if guns does not increase the murder rate.

And once again you can't seem to understand what you read it gave the year that Luxembourg's murder rates were higher than Germany's and used that as the argument that gun laws do not decrease the murder rate since at the time Germany had far more lax gun laws than did Luxembourg.

[
The point that flew right over your head is that gun control gun laws and or gun bans do not reduce the murder rate and the availability if guns does not increase the murder rate.

And once again you can't seem to understand what you read it gave the year that Luxembourg's murder rates were higher than Germany's and used that as the argument that gun laws do not decrease the murder rate since at the time Germany had far more lax gun laws than did Luxembourg.

And the point you are missing is that if you are trying to make a point don't use comparisons between the USA and USSR.

Do you even know the population of Luxembourg? The year that is had a murder rate of 0.72 per 100,000 was the year they had four murders. In the whole country. So if it goes up or down by by a couple it makes a huge difference on their stats. If 20 people had been murdered in their whole country it would have read 3.5 per 100,000. A five fold increase. However, in Germany, if the number of murders goes up or down by a couple it makes absolutely no difference to the stats at all.

And they account for 1% of all murders.

99% of murders happen outside of mass shootings

Yeah, well I know for a fact if I go the movies tomorrow I will NOT get shot. Ditto going to a concert. And if some loon does have a gun it won't be an auto or semi auto. You?

Gee I've been to the movies 3 times in the last month and I haven't been shot.

I went to outdoor concerts in the last couple years and have not been shot

But if you were in Aurora or Las Vegas or Sandy Hook or Columbine you might have been. I can't name any place down here where that would have happened.
I live in CT not too far from Newtown.

And you could have been a victim in Sydney when an armed gunman took hostages or at Monash University so it seems you still have people running around with guns after all your gun laws and gun bans
WHat's worse in Sydney the cops killed an innocent in that fiasco

[

And the point you are missing is that if you are trying to make a point don't use comparisons between the USA and USSR.

Do you even know the population of Luxembourg? The year that is had a murder rate of 0.72 per 100,000 was the year they had four murders. In the whole country. So if it goes up or down by by a couple it makes a huge difference on their stats. If 20 people had been murdered in their whole country it would have read 3.5 per 100,000. A five fold increase. However, in Germany, if the number of murders goes up or down by a couple it makes absolutely no difference to the stats at all.
There were more countries used that just the USSR so maybe you want to brush up on your reading skills

[

The rate per 100000 is the rate per 100000

The ratio compensates for population.

Do you need a math course as well as a reading comprehension course?

[

And you could have been a victim in Sydney when an armed gunman took hostages or at Monash University so it seems you still have people running around with guns after all your gun laws and gun bans

It was a rare occurrance. And you are right, the cops did kill an innocent. Long way to catch up with US cops and the monthly fuck ups they seem to be at the centre of..

[

It was a rare occurrance. And you are right, the cops did kill an innocent. Long way to catch up with US cops and the monthly fuck ups they seem to be at the centre of..

1% of murders happen in mass shootings so getting killed in a mass shooting is pretty rare

That is correct. However, the stats skew with lower populations. For example, if a person goes postal and kills his family of four in Luxembourg, that would account for all the murders in 2014. Four people killed in the US wouldn't even be a blip.

[It doesn't have to be a mass shooting in order for you to get killed. It could be somebody out in the parking lot trying to steal your car.

Of course we are better off. That chances of some random nutter going postal is almost zero.

No, you only think you are:

images.png

That is correct. However, the stats skew with lower populations. For example, if a person goes postal and kills his family of four in Luxembourg, that would account for all the murders in 2014. Four people killed in the US wouldn't even be a blip.
Ratios do not skew,

The rate per 100000 is the rate er 100000

Forum List

Back