Why don't we ban alcoholic beverages instead of making it illegal to drive drunk?

[It doesn't have to be a mass shooting in order for you to get killed. It could be somebody out in the parking lot trying to steal your car.

In any case you are no better off today than before the gun ban; probably in many instances you are worse off. We Americans found that out with our own gun ban. It didn't do a lick of good, so we got rid of it.

Of course we are better off. That chances of some random nutter going postal is almost zero.

No, you only think you are:

View attachment 153158

Link?

Drunk driving kills roughly 30 people EVERY SINGLE DAY IN AMERICA.

Alcohol is legal to consume with certain age and location limitations.

Drunk Driving is illegal....yet it happens...and people die.

We should ban all alcohol to make sure we never have any more drunk driving fatalities.

It's the only way to be sure and save 10,000 lives per year in America.
They did, it didn't work. The 21st amendment, they forgot to actually ask Americans what WE wanted. Kind of like the politicians that made sanctuary cities kinda ignored WHAT we wanted.

[It doesn't have to be a mass shooting in order for you to get killed. It could be somebody out in the parking lot trying to steal your car.

In any case you are no better off today than before the gun ban; probably in many instances you are worse off. We Americans found that out with our own gun ban. It didn't do a lick of good, so we got rid of it.

Of course we are better off. That chances of some random nutter going postal is almost zero.

No, you only think you are:

View attachment 153158

Link?

John Lott's Website: Some notes on claims about Australia's crime rates

And if you don't like that one, there are several others out there.

If you are a democrat or a celebrity, rehab means never having to say you are sorry. Google Kennedy drunk driving for an education of selective prosecution. The point is that Edward (Teddy ) Kennedy not only killed a woman in a drunk driving incident but while he was trying to disarm lawful Americans his personally hired bodyguard was arrested trying to enter the SOB with unregistered fully automatic weapons.

John Lott? John Lott? RATFLMAO...

Let me tell you a couple of stories about Aust crime stats. The different states have different methods of collating their stats.

Australian crime: Facts & figures: 2014 - Recorded crime
  • number of robbery victims from different years due to an undercounting of victims in New South Wales prior to 2005;
And armed robberies include me having a knife, baseball bat, or butter knife. If you think most robberies include guns you would be sorely mistaken.

John Lott? John Lott? RATFLMAO...

Let me tell you a couple of stories about Aust crime stats. The different states have different methods of collating their stats.

Australian crime: Facts & figures: 2014 - Recorded crime
  • number of robbery victims from different years due to an undercounting of victims in New South Wales prior to 2005;
And armed robberies include me having a knife, baseball bat, or butter knife. If you think most robberies include guns you would be sorely mistaken.

I see you pulled off a typical liberal on me. While I didn't have time to read the entire site, I did skim through it to see what I suspected you would do, which is to only provide years after the gun ban and not much before it. If you go back years before the ban, you would see it didn't do anything at all in the long run, and after the ban, hit a new high in crime rate.

The Captain's Journal » Do Gun Bans Reduce Violent Crime? Ask the Aussies and Brits

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

[

No it's not 50 years old you IDIOT
It uses Data from 2004

MAybe you should learn how to read

Nice way to address my point. Not. So you don't mind the US being compared to the Soviet Union. You telling me they don't do that either? It then starts talking about the former Soviet republics and comparing their murder rates to the US.

It then gives a charge that says Luxembourg has a murder rate of 9 per 100,000 and says in the appendix that Also without explanation, the nations covered differ from year to year. I get why they would cover their bases when the murder rate in Luxembourg is actually a lot less than that.

23px-Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg.png
Luxembourg 0.72 4 Europe Western Europe 2014

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia
The point that flew right over your head is that gun control gun laws and or gun bans do not reduce the murder rate and the availability if guns does not increase the murder rate.

And once again you can't seem to understand what you read it gave the year that Luxembourg's murder rates were higher than Germany's and used that as the argument that gun laws do not decrease the murder rate since at the time Germany had far more lax gun laws than did Luxembourg.

Crime decreased as gun sales increased. In places like Chicago, when gun control increases, crime increases.

Libs would rather ignore facts and take a simplistic, child-like approach. They think they can get rid of the guns and the problem of murder will disappear. The globalists have managed to convince the simple minded that guns are the cause of violence. They've taught students early on that guns are evil and should be feared and that those who own guns are dangerous people.

Before we discuss any kind of gun control, the left must first remove all the dangers so we don't need them. That is impossible.

We have guns to protect against criminals and corrupt government, two things that will always be here.

Maybe they should worry about disarming all the criminals first. Take guns away from the gangs, terrorists and drug cartels first, then maybe the good people will be willing to listen. As it is, we have the right to protect ourselves from any danger and you can't do that unless you have equal power as your enemy.

Currently, the left is telling us to rely solely on police while, at the same time, vilifying police and calling to disarm them. In other words, only a private army beholden only to the powerful government will have power over us. That is the goal and it's a shame so many are falling for the propaganda.

We should ban all alcohol to make sure we never have any more drunk driving fatalities.

Oh...come on.........making sense is not what the internet is for.....

Let's take it a step further. Car crashes of all kinds kill tens of thousands every year. Not allowing any vehicle to exceed 25mph would save almost all of them. We sacrifice those lives just so we can drive fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why should regular Americans be allowed to have cars in the first place....we can simply load them onto buses and trains........?

I see you pulled off a typical liberal on me. While I didn't have time to read the entire site, I did skim through it to see what I suspected you would do, which is to only provide years after the gun ban and not much before it. If you go back years before the ban, you would see it didn't do anything at all in the long run, and after the ban, hit a new high in crime rate.

The Captain's Journal » Do Gun Bans Reduce Violent Crime? Ask the Aussies and Brits

But here's the funny thing. There is still a gun ban and the trend is heading down. That aside, you are under the mistaken belief that Australia was a heavily armed society before the gun ban. It wasn't. I have literally hundreds of friends and associates in Australia. I arrived here 10 years ago, which was 10 years after the ban. I've asked most of them how many guns they had before the ban. As well has most of them looking at me like I'm insane, not ONE of them had ONE single gun. Even the conservatives amongst them. I'm talking literally hundreds of them. And generally - but not all say - "Why the fuck would I want a gun?"

But here's the funny thing. There is still a gun ban and the trend is heading down. That aside, you are under the mistaken belief that Australia was a heavily armed society before the gun ban. It wasn't. I have literally hundreds of friends and associates in Australia. I arrived here 10 years ago, which was 10 years after the ban. I've asked most of them how many guns they had before the ban. As well has most of them looking at me like I'm insane, not ONE of them had ONE single gun. Even the conservatives amongst them. I'm talking literally hundreds of them. And generally - but not all say - "Why the fuck would I want a gun?"

Okay, let's go with that:

The people there were never heavily armed, so why the gun ban then?

Violent crime there went up after the ban, but that's all it did. And that's exactly what would happen here or anyplace else in the world. If you disarm or impair people from self-defense, what do you suppose would happen?

In spite of all these horror stories of the states you read about, there are plenty of stories about armed citizens saving their own lives or the lives of others using firearms. I can post some of them if you'd like.

Again, we are a very diverse country. We are not a people of one, two or three races. If you look at our crime rate, our gun deaths, our violent crime rate and extract minorities, our violent crime and gun deaths would be similar to yours if not better.

Guns are not always the reason for gun deaths--people are. Before my neighborhood turned black, we had perhaps one murder every ten or fifteen years. After it turned black, we were averaging about three murders a year. Back then, I had no reason to carry or own a firearm. Now I do, and it's not because there are more guns around.

The trend is not down...where did you get that?

Gun crime is up...they have also imported violent immigrants who have taken over the drug trade...and now gun crime is on the rise.......see the three part article...."Young, Dumb and Armed"

[QU

That's easy. We decided we didn't want to live in a society where assault rifles were available to all and sundry.

Assault rifles aren't available here...self defense rifles like the AR-15 are.......close to 16 million of them. And knives, clubs, and bare hands kill more people than all rifles combined.

[QU

That's easy. We decided we didn't want to live in a society where assault rifles were available to all and sundry.

Okay, but it didn't do you much good, now did it? Murderers are murderers, and guns don't turn people into murderers. Guns don't turn people into violent thieves.

You see, environment plays a major role here. As I stated, years ago I had no need for a gun. There are plenty of places in the US where you don't need a gun around. But if you do find yourself in an environment or situation where having a gun would be a pretty good idea, it's good to know that you can easily get one and legally use it.

I understand how this is difficult for you to imagine; regular ordinary citizens having firearms. One of my tenants got involved with a girl online from Australia. So she came to the states to stay with him for the summer. Wonderful and attractive girl, but she was pretty liberal. We discussed this issue and many others while she was here. One day I had to go to ATM machine, so I put on my shoulder holster and took my gun with me. She was outside as I was walking down the driveway and the wind blew my over shirt open exposing my gun. She was in total disbelief; that I could actually go into my car, drive to the bank, and if I got stopped by a police officer, there was nothing he could do to me except perhaps confiscate my gun during the traffic stop. And of course, the officer would have to give it back to me when we were done.

But here, we do that all the time.

Forum List

Back