Why does the 1% bitch about the 99% using what they pay for?

You show me where the laws have been broken, if you can.
Banana Republic, really?
You are avoiding who is paying the lions share taxes in America. You are also avoiding the question on just how much the wealthy should be paying. Seems you don't want your true beliefs known, and that is problematic with me.

Well, there's a lot of shit that's problematic with me(like the above)... IMO, if big corps and their upper crust aristocracy refuse to bring America back to it's former glory where anyone with a strong back, half a brain and a willingness to work hard can do pretty well for themselves(pay off a house in a decade, have a new car every couple years, take the kids on vacation, etc...in addition to paying the bills)... then I guess I feel they should be held accountable for it... through taxation? Sure, why not?

Reaganomics has virtually destroyed this country of PEOPLE. Unless they're forced to "trickle down", they aren't going to.. no matter how low those "hated" taxes are.

You do realize.... "back to its former glory" is where everyone worked hard and safaried for their children. Mom did washing and babysitting and dad worked 3 jobs. They had one car, one phone and one television with local stations.

The "former glory" was were you were proud of what you worked and slaved for and proud that your kids did well and got good grades in school, and then they worked nights to put themselves through college.

The "the former glory" is where there were no social programs to pay for a cell phone, house, flat panel TV, medical care and food.

The "former glory" was where you accepted personal responsibility for your life and how you lived.

Dad worked three jobs? Wow... so your dad worked 24 hours a day? Gimme a fuckin' break. My dad was a Steelworker. My mom was a nurse and worked because she wanted to, not because she had to. You're full of shit as far as that goes. They paid their house of in 10 years, they had a brand new car every other year, they took us kids on very nice vacations, and we didn't really want for much of anything.

as far as your Social Programs? Blame the people who run the show.... Big money. If they were to pay wages that people can live on, there wouldn't be a need for social programs, except for people who literally can't work... the Insane, the developmentally disabled, the extremely physically handicapped.

Let everyone pay. It's called a VAT tax aka goods and services up here.

Let the screaming pay equally to balance out shit. Go kids!!! You pay your fair share too!!

The top 20% of the population of the US holds about 84.4% of the wealth of the nation, so lets start there.

You're right... My wife and I are top 10%ers, and we don't seem to have an issue paying taxes... we even pay more into taxes than we need to... allowing the Federal Government to collect interest on it all year long and us to get a nice refund in March... it's a win/win.

What I do have a problem with is the wealth of this country flowing invariably to the top and more and more of us "regular folk" slipping through the cracks into poverty. We're still doing OK because we are employees of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. But if the nutbags get their way... we'll be there too.

That's what kills me about people on the right... They complain about taxes, even if they are lower income folk that benefit a great deal from taxation. They complain about Public Sector jobs getting paid too much, but it never occurs to them to take a Civil Service test.

Ah, i see the problem. You are a state union member/worker.

Ahh... I see the problem... you're a right wing douchebag that hates people like me.

Well, there's a lot of shit that's problematic with me(like the above)... IMO, if big corps and their upper crust aristocracy refuse to bring America back to it's former glory where anyone with a strong back, half a brain and a willingness to work hard can do pretty well for themselves(pay off a house in a decade, have a new car every couple years, take the kids on vacation, etc...in addition to paying the bills)... then I guess I feel they should be held accountable for it... through taxation? Sure, why not?

Reaganomics has virtually destroyed this country of PEOPLE. Unless they're forced to "trickle down", they aren't going to.. no matter how low those "hated" taxes are.

You do realize.... "back to its former glory" is where everyone worked hard and safaried for their children. Mom did washing and babysitting and dad worked 3 jobs. They had one car, one phone and one television with local stations.

The "former glory" was were you were proud of what you worked and slaved for and proud that your kids did well and got good grades in school, and then they worked nights to put themselves through college.

The "the former glory" is where there were no social programs to pay for a cell phone, house, flat panel TV, medical care and food.

The "former glory" was where you accepted personal responsibility for your life and how you lived.

Dad worked three jobs? Wow... so your dad worked 24 hours a day? Gimme a fuckin' break. My dad was a Steelworker. My mom was a nurse and worked because she wanted to, not because she had to. You're full of shit as far as that goes. They paid their house of in 10 years, they had a brand new car every other year, they took us kids on very nice vacations, and we didn't really want for much of anything.

as far as your Social Programs? Blame the people who run the show.... Big money. If they were to pay wages that people can live on, there wouldn't be a need for social programs, except for people who literally can't work... the Insane, the developmentally disabled, the extremely physically handicapped.

It's amazing how well you can do after the infrastructure of every other major nation on Earth is destroyed. Maybe we need another World War, so anybody with half a brain can buy a new car every other year?

It's amazing how well you can do after the infrastructure of every other major nation on Earth is destroyed. Maybe we need another World War, so anybody with half a brain can buy a new car every other year?

Maybe we need to take care of our own like all of our competition does?

So both of your parents worked, staid married had children and a good life :thup: They did well and hopefully bought a better life for you then they had for themselves. ..... Bingo..that was the former glory days. I am pretty sure they had to come up with a 10% down payment for their home and new that if anything happened to them or if they missed a mortgage, they would lose their house.

Today.... everyone wants instant gratification for every single whim that comes their way....regardless if they can afford it or not. There is no concept of sacrifice for themselves...or for their children. The problem is they want the nanny state to take care of them.

Stealworker= union worker and thats just the way it is.

It is very possible to work 3 jobs. One full time job plus another full-time and a part time job or just two part time jobs.

Big money does not run social programs.... the nanny state does.

The insane should be locked up
The handicapped can and do work
The development disabled should be the responsibility of the parents.

However, i agree, they ^^ and the elderly should be the only ones eligible for social programs.

You're right... My wife and I are top 10%ers, and we don't seem to have an issue paying taxes... we even pay more into taxes than we need to... allowing the Federal Government to collect interest on it all year long and us to get a nice refund in March... it's a win/win.

What I do have a problem with is the wealth of this country flowing invariably to the top and more and more of us "regular folk" slipping through the cracks into poverty. We're still doing OK because we are employees of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. But if the nutbags get their way... we'll be there too.

That's what kills me about people on the right... They complain about taxes, even if they are lower income folk that benefit a great deal from taxation. They complain about Public Sector jobs getting paid too much, but it never occurs to them to take a Civil Service test.

Ahh... I see the problem... you're a right wing douchebag that hates people like me.

Where do i say anything about hating you? You seem to be a upstanding person who works and pays taxes. You dont claim to suck off the state but pay your way in life.

I agree...and most of our competition do not allow illegals into their countries, nor do they allow them to use state programs meant for its citizens. We should follow their leads.... like Mexico.

Who should we emulate? Be more specific.

I agree...and most of our competition do not allow illegals into their countries, nor do they allow them to use state programs meant for its citizens. We should follow their leads.... like Mexico.

Whoa! Back the truck up, lady, what did you say? That's blasphamy!

Whoa! Back the truck up, lady, what did you say? That's blasphamy!

We have thee finest catch and release program in the world. :lol:

My daughter's inlaws winter in a fancy pants place in Mexico. They actually LOVE the health care there. Here MIL who is a nurse says it is more holistic like health care here once was.

Where do i say anything about hating you? You seem to be a upstanding person who works and pays taxes. You dont claim to suck off the state but pay your way in life.

I'm a state worker, doesn't that make the bolded part null and void? It does for some on here... hell, just yesterday I was called a "tic on the ass of society", by one of our more extremist righties(can't remember which one).

I'm a state worker, doesn't that make the bolded part null and void? It does for some on here... hell, just yesterday I was called a "tic on the ass of society", by one of our more extremist righties(can't remember which one).

The problem with state workers is that they are paid from taxes, therefore, no matter how valuable the job you provide, your job is - technically - a drain on the public finances. Now, don't get me wrong... I am not saying that is a bad thing but - from a purely financial standpoint, the taxes you pay do not add up to the amount of money that you cost the taxpayer.

This is just simple economics. You understand that right?

Now... if your job is one that is necessary to the function of society, fine. That's a price worth paying.... however, there are many state workers that, frankly, are not of real importance to that function. Those are the ones that many people may feel less enthusiastic about.

The problem with state workers is that they are paid from taxes, therefore, no matter how valuable the job you provide, your job is - technically - a drain on the public finances. Now, don't get me wrong... I am not saying that is a bad thing but - from a purely financial standpoint, the taxes you pay do not add up to the amount of money that you cost the taxpayer.

This is just simple economics. You understand that right?

Now... if your job is one that is necessary to the function of society, fine. That's a price worth paying.... however, there are many state workers that, frankly, are not of real importance to that function. Those are the ones that many people may feel less enthusiastic about.

You know they are a do nothing when you ask what their occupation is and they reyply 'I work for the state.'

Most states employ various kinds of workers, clerks, accountants, etc. The ones who have a valuable job will specify what their job is. "I'm an accountant for the state." Etc. If they do nothing their answer is, 'I work for the state.'

Last edited:
Syrenn hit the nail on the head. Just read an article about income inequality and upward mobility. The #1 factor seems to be parents' education and socioeconomic status - more so than in the past. It's a shame that so many more kids are pre-destined to their station in life, but if we know the variable, why aren't we discussing that? Too many people are having children they cannot afford and then blame the 1 percent. Huh?

It's not what the 1% have or don't have. It is the preferential treatment that sucks.

The 1% cannot pay the bills, fill the military needs nor provide the health care this country demands.

If any group should receive preferential treatment it is the 99 % that do pay the bills, fill the military needs and spend tons and tons of money that which keeps the USA
in what jobs are left. The 99% are the primary stakeholders of the USA!

When it comes to funding Social Service needs in this country it is the 99% so why does the 1% bitch about the 99% using what they pay for?

only 50% of the 99% pay the bills..

The top 5% pay for almost everything. Merrill must be one of the losers in the bottom 50%.

Forum List

Back