Why does the 1% bitch about the 99% using what they pay for?

be that as it may Syrenn... why should the 1% get that preferential treatment?

What "preferential treatment?" They pay for everything. I guess you must mean that when God was handing out the brains and the ambition, they got a bigger share than you.

How about the tax code that gives preferential treatment to pre-existing wealth?

A surgeon who makes $400k/year gets taxed at 35%. A Trust fund baby who doesn't work at all, but collects the same amount in interest and dividends gets taxed at 15%.

Wrong. Dividends and interest are taxed at the same rate as other income. Don't you ever have to add interest income when you file your 1040?

Geesh, libturds are so stupid.

Seems to me that if the 1% pay 35% and 50% pay nothing(as you guys repeatedly vomit), then that means that 49% of the people pay 65%.....and most of that 49% know that if the 1% keeps getting their way.... they will probably drop into that "other" 50% quite easily.... while the 1% could pay 50% of the taxes and not really be affected at all.

Your math is wrong, stupid. The top 49% pay almost 100% of all income taxes.

How would someone else getting a tax cut cause a drop in the income of a loser like you?

Since we don't tax wealth, how is it preferential treatment?

Interest is taxed at your income tax rate.

The federal government isn't allowed to tax wealth. That's a violation of the 5th Amendment - taking private property without just compensation.

Where do i say anything about hating you? You seem to be a upstanding person who works and pays taxes. You dont claim to suck off the state but pay your way in life.

I'm a state worker, doesn't that make the bolded part null and void? It does for some on here... hell, just yesterday I was called a "tic on the ass of society", by one of our more extremist righties(can't remember which one).

The problem with state workers is that they are paid from taxes, therefore, no matter how valuable the job you provide, your job is - technically - a drain on the public finances. Now, don't get me wrong... I am not saying that is a bad thing but - from a purely financial standpoint, the taxes you pay do not add up to the amount of money that you cost the taxpayer.

This is just simple economics. You understand that right?

Now... if your job is one that is necessary to the function of society, fine. That's a price worth paying.... however, there are many state workers that, frankly, are not of real importance to that function. Those are the ones that many people may feel less enthusiastic about.
And government is replete/infested with such jobs.

WASHINGTON, D.C.--The 400 highest-earning taxpayers in the U.S. reported a record $105 billion in total adjusted gross income in 2006, but they paid just $18 billion in tax, new Internal Revenue Service figures show. That works out to an average federal income tax bite of 17%--the lowest rate paid by the richest 400 during the 15-year period covered by the IRS statistics. The average federal tax bite on the top 400 was 30% in 1995 and 23% in 2002.

Richest 400 Earn More, Pay Lower Tax Rate - Forbes.com

So they paid 17%. We already know that. We already know capital gains are taxed at a lower rate than regular income.

BTW, if you own a home in California, and then sell it, your income that year will more than likely be over $1 million. Most of the people in the 1% bracket you whine about are in such situations. They are in the 1% bracket only for one year because of some special circumstance.

The top 20% of the population of the US holds about 84.4% of the wealth of the nation, so lets start there.

You mean start with taking property that doesn't belong to you?

You're nothing but a vicious prehensile thug.

The top 20% of the population of the US holds about 84.4% of the wealth of the nation, so lets start there.

You're right... My wife and I are top 10%ers, and we don't seem to have an issue paying taxes... we even pay more into taxes than we need to... allowing the Federal Government to collect interest on it all year long and us to get a nice refund in March... it's a win/win.

What I do have a problem with is the wealth of this country flowing invariably to the top and more and more of us "regular folk" slipping through the cracks into poverty. We're still doing OK because we are employees of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. But if the nutbags get their way... we'll be there too.

That's what kills me about people on the right... They complain about taxes, even if they are lower income folk that benefit a great deal from taxation. They complain about Public Sector jobs getting paid too much, but it never occurs to them to take a Civil Service test.

How did we know you were a parasite sucking on the government tit?

BTW, you don't pay a dime in taxes.

Ahh... I see the problem... you're a right wing douchebag that hates people like me.

Where do i say anything about hating you? You seem to be a upstanding person who works and pays taxes. You dont claim to suck off the state but pay your way in life.

He works for the state government of Penssylvania. He's a tick on the ass of society. He doesn't pay a cent in taxes.

Maybe we need to take care of our own like all of our competition does?

I agree...and most of our competition do not allow illegals into their countries, nor do they allow them to use state programs meant for its citizens. We should follow their leads.... like Mexico.

By "take care of our own" he means create big welfare boondoggles to parasites won't have to work.

You're right... My wife and I are top 10%ers, and we don't seem to have an issue paying taxes... we even pay more into taxes than we need to... allowing the Federal Government to collect interest on it all year long and us to get a nice refund in March... it's a win/win.

What I do have a problem with is the wealth of this country flowing invariably to the top and more and more of us "regular folk" slipping through the cracks into poverty. We're still doing OK because we are employees of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. But if the nutbags get their way... we'll be there too.

That's what kills me about people on the right... They complain about taxes, even if they are lower income folk that benefit a great deal from taxation. They complain about Public Sector jobs getting paid too much, but it never occurs to them to take a Civil Service test.

How did we know you were a parasite sucking on the government tit?

BTW, you don't pay a dime in taxes.
There's a few of them on here and they are trying to justify thier existence.

Should USA workers invest in tax dollar supported safety nets and never use them?

It does seem those connected to the 1% do destroy the economies and put zillions out of work ? If this never happened the 99% would not need safety nets to see them through the hard times perpetrated by the 1%.

Should USA workers invest in tax dollar supported safety nets and never use them?

It does seem those connected to the 1% do destroy the economies and put zillions out of work ? If this never happened the 99% would not need safety nets to see them through the hard times perpetrated by the 1%.

Merrill, how much should the 1% be paying of the income taxes? Give a percentage of the total income tax collected. I'll be waiting for your answer.

Forum List

Back