Why does the 1% bitch about the 99% using what they pay for?

It's not what the 1% have or don't have. It is the preferential treatment that sucks.

The 1% cannot pay the bills, fill the military needs nor provide the health care this country demands.

If any group should receive preferential treatment it is the 99 % that do pay the bills, fill the military needs and spend tons and tons of money that which keeps the USA
in what jobs are left. The 99% are the primary stakeholders of the USA!

When it comes to funding Social Service needs in this country it is the 99% so why does the 1% bitch about the 99% using what they pay for?

This is some seriously fucked up post.

The top 400 earners in the U.S. paid an average tax rate of 18 percent, according to a Bloomberg TV report noticed by Think Progress. And though that's a far lower rate than the 26.5 percent that many families making less than $100,000 pay annually in taxes, some of America's super-rich have been able to whittle their tax bill down even more, paying a tax rate as low as one percent, according to Bloomberg.

How? Many of the super rich take advantage of a variety of tax loopholes to lower their tax burden. For some of America's rich, most of their wealth comes from stock appreciation, according to Bloomberg, which some billionaires don't end up defining as taxable income.

These findings echo earlier reports, which suggest that the super rich may not be paying their full share in taxes. More than 1,400 millionaires paid no U.S. income taxes in 2009, according to an August report from the Internal Revenue Service.

In addition, 25 percent of all millionaires pay a smaller percentage of their income taxes than millions of middle class households.

But billionaires aren't the only ones that use loopholes to pay lower taxes. Thirty of America's most profitable corporations used rules like the "active financing exception" -- allowing corporations to sidestep paying taxes on overseas profits if they were derived by "actively financing" some activity or deal -- to pay less than zero in income taxes, according to a recent report from the Center for Tax Justice.

Though many super wealthy Americans and very rich corporations use loopholes to lower their tax burden, some have advocated for raising taxes on themselves. Warren Buffett became the most prominent advocate for raising taxes on the rich when he wrote an op-ed in The New York Times in August encouraging lawmakers to raise taxes on millionaires so that they pay the same or higher rate as middle class earners.

Earlier this week, a band of millionaires went to Capitol Hill to lobby Congress to raise their taxes. And they seem to have the support of millionaires around the country, nearly 70 percent of whom said in a survey last month that they support raising taxes on those making $1 million or more.

Huffington Post

The highlighted is all I need to see to know it's horse shit.

Social Services:

Unemployment Pay

Food stamps
rent assistance
medical assistance
child care assistance

etc etc etc etc

Lower income folks don't have tax havens/loopholes as such therefore Social Services is a means by which they can get some of their tax dollars back.

Lower income can be up to 40k a year... if my memory serves me well.

Lower income people who get those entitlements dont pay any taxes dumbass.

No...

it means that 35% of the total people are the ones paying for most everything in terms of federal income tax.

It means that 50% of the total people pay jack shit in, zip, zero, nada in terms of income tax.

Why should the 1% pay more then the rest?

Because they have more than the rest.

Because they currently pay taxes at a lower rate than the rest of us.

For the common good.

Common good? Kinda like, "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need". That kind of "common good"?
I think we all know just what you're talking about, Chris. :cuckoo:

No... how about from each according to their ability, to each according to their contribution? Those lazy sluggards that the right is always complaining about? They get nothing. Is that more acceptable in your eyes?

No assistance comes for free. A variety of taxes have been paid in over years and years to provide funding in the event of unemployment.

Which is to say most likely those drawing these benefits paid into a fund somehow.

Why is it wrong to access these funds if necessary?

Garbage.

Even if they did, they most likely didnt pay in what they've taken out.

If you are low income enough to qualify for social services.... you pay 0% federal income tax in the first place.

That's not true. And speaking of mixing up issues, most social services are doled out by the state. The federal government provides part of the funding, but the states also provide a large part of the funding, which they collect through state taxes. So even if your claim here were true, and a person had zero federal tax liability, they can still incur a state income tax liability.

That's not true.

If they qualify for those types of assistance, they don't make enough to pay any income taxes either to the state or the Fed. Meaning, what little they do pay, they get back at the end of the year.

For the common good.

Common good? Kinda like, "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need". That kind of "common good"?

No... how about from each according to their ability, to each according to their contribution? Those lazy sluggards that the right is always complaining about? They get nothing. Is that more acceptable in your eyes?

How about nobody gets handed anything? How about they work for it?

How about nobody gets handed anything? How about they work for it?

Isn't that what I said?

For the common good.

You change one word....it's still the same, Steelie. :confused:
I'm saying that the top 10% pays for 68% of the taxes. Just how much more should they have to pay, 90%?
Why don't we just have them pay it all so the bottom 90% doesn't have to pay anything?
Somehow, I don't think that would be enough for you people. The next progression would be for the bottom 90% to start getting some degree of earned income credit.

I just don't agree with the "evil rich" scenario that's going on with this country at the present time. No matter how the left cries about the rich....most of them have earned it and were smart enough not to lose it. Until I see that laws were broken on their behalf, I'm going to back them. Right is right, and wrong is wrong, we aren't that Marxist nation....yet.

I'm saying that the top 10% pays for 68% of the taxes. Just how much more should they have to pay, 90%?
Why don't we just have them pay it all so the bottom 90% doesn't have to pay anything?
Somehow, I don't think that would be enough for you people. The next progression would be for the bottom 90% to start getting some degree of earned income credit.

I just don't agree with the "evil rich" scenario that's going on with this country at the present time. No matter how the left cries about the rich....most of them have earned it and were smart enough not to lose it. Until I see that laws were broken on their behalf, I'm going to back them. Right is right, and wrong is wrong, we aren't that Marxist nation....yet.

I have no doubt most of them earn it. But the rest of the people that also work hard providing the services that allow them to get filthy rich are fucking HURTING. They don't count, right?

What the right has seen fit to do is grant those very wealthy people a huge amount of liberty in how they deal with their employees. They decide what they are worth, and if they don't like it... they'll ship the jobs elsewhere. It matters not whether the wages offered are feasible to live on in a decent manner.... all that matters is what's going into their pockets. To fuck over the vast majority of the people like that is not Capitalism.. it's profiteering and ruthlessness.

Tell me... what are they going to do when only a small percentage can afford the goods and services they "provide"? What kind of Banana Republic do you want to see? When does it get to the point where liberty and economic freedom for the big boys is detrimental to the country? and if/when it gets to that point, should they be held accountable? Personally, I think we're already there.

I have no doubt most of them earn it. But the rest of the people that also work hard providing the services that allow them to get filthy rich are fucking HURTING. They don't count, right?

What the right has seen fit to do is grant those very wealthy people a huge amount of liberty in how they deal with their employees. They decide what they are worth, and if they don't like it... they'll ship the jobs elsewhere. It matters not whether the wages offered are feasible to live on in a decent manner.... all that matters is what's going into their pockets. To fuck over the vast majority of the people like that is not Capitalism.. it's profiteering and ruthlessness.

Tell me... what are they going to do when only a small percentage can afford the goods and services they "provide"? What kind of Banana Republic do you want to see? When does it get to the point where liberty and economic freedom for the big boys is detrimental to the country? and if/when it gets to that point, should they be held accountable? Personally, I think we're already there.

You show me where the laws have been broken, if you can.
Banana Republic, really?
You are avoiding who is paying the lions share taxes in America. You are also avoiding the question on just how much the wealthy should be paying. Seems you don't want your true beliefs known, and that is problematic with me.

Banana Republic, really?
You are avoiding who is paying the lions share taxes in America. You are also avoiding the question on just how much the wealthy should be paying. Seems you don't want your true beliefs known, and that is problematic with me.

Well, there's a lot of shit that's problematic with me(like the above)... IMO, if big corps and their upper crust aristocracy refuse to bring America back to it's former glory where anyone with a strong back, half a brain and a willingness to work hard can do pretty well for themselves(pay off a house in a decade, have a new car every couple years, take the kids on vacation, etc...in addition to paying the bills)... then I guess I feel they should be held accountable for it... through taxation? Sure, why not?

Reaganomics has virtually destroyed this country of PEOPLE. Unless they're forced to "trickle down", they aren't going to.. no matter how low those "hated" taxes are.

Banana Republic, really?

Well, there's a lot of shit that's problematic with me(like the above)... IMO, if big corps and their upper crust aristocracy refuse to bring America back to it's former glory where anyone with a strong back, half a brain and a willingness to work hard can do pretty well for themselves(pay off a house in a decade, have a new car every couple years, take the kids on vacation, etc...in addition to paying the bills)... then I guess I feel they should be held accountable for it... through taxation? Sure, why not?

Reaganomics has virtually destroyed this country of PEOPLE. Unless they're forced to "trickle down", they aren't going to.. no matter how low those "hated" taxes are.

They do pay the lions share of taxes, but you still refuse to say just how much more they should be paying. This speaks volumes, Steelie.

Banana Republic, really?

They do pay the lions share of taxes, but you still refuse to say just how much more they should be paying. This speaks volumes, Steelie.

and you, once again... ignore my point completely.

The top 20% of the population of the US holds about 84.4% of the wealth of the nation, so lets start there.

and you, once again... ignore my point completely.
and you ignore my point.....completely

The top 20% of the population of the US holds about 84.4% of the wealth of the nation, so lets start there.

You're right... My wife and I are top 10%ers, and we don't seem to have an issue paying taxes... we even pay more into taxes than we need to... allowing the Federal Government to collect interest on it all year long and us to get a nice refund in March... it's a win/win.

What I do have a problem with is the wealth of this country flowing invariably to the top and more and more of us "regular folk" slipping through the cracks into poverty. We're still doing OK because we are employees of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. But if the nutbags get their way... we'll be there too.

That's what kills me about people on the right... They complain about taxes, even if they are lower income folk that benefit a great deal from taxation. They complain about Public Sector jobs getting paid too much, but it never occurs to them to take a Civil Service test.

Banana Republic, really?

You do realize.... "back to its former glory" is where everyone worked hard and safaried for their children. Mom did washing and babysitting and dad worked 3 jobs. They had one car, one phone and one television with local stations.

The "former glory" was were you were proud of what you worked and slaved for and proud that your kids did well and got good grades in school, and then they worked nights to put themselves through college.

The "the former glory" is where there were no social programs to pay for a cell phone, house, flat panel TV, medical care and food.

The "former glory" was where you accepted personal responsibility for your life and how you lived.

You're right... My wife and I are top 10%ers, and we don't seem to have an issue paying taxes... we even pay more into taxes than we need to... allowing the Federal Government to collect interest on it all year long and us to get a nice refund in March... it's a win/win.

What I do have a problem with is the wealth of this country flowing invariably to the top and more and more of us "regular folk" slipping through the cracks into poverty. We're still doing OK because we are employees of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. But if the nutbags get their way... we'll be there too.

That's what kills me about people on the right... They complain about taxes, even if they are lower income folk that benefit a great deal from taxation. They complain about Public Sector jobs getting paid too much, but it never occurs to them to take a Civil Service test.

Ah, i see the problem. You are a state union member/worker.

Forum List

Back