Why do you think this NY Times Op-Ed was written?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
There's something that isn't making sense to me on this.

Let's assume that this whole thing is true, that an important person at the White House wrote this editorial as an account of this group of people who are manipulating as much as possible around Trump to protect the country.

Why would they expose this plot, one which they seem to think is working? Surely the person who wrote this knew they'll ultimately be exposed. Surely they know this will change things at the White House. So why would they let the cat out of the bag at this time?

The only two reasons I can come up with are (a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?

I was going to start this in the CDZ, but let's see if we can get some serious thought here.

Let's assume that this whole thing is true, that an important person at the White House wrote this editorial as an account of this group of people who are manipulating as much as possible around Trump to protect the country.

Why would they expose this plot, one which they seem to think is working? Surely the person who wrote this knew they'll ultimately be exposed. Surely they know this will change things at the White House. So why would they let the cat out of the bag at this time?

The only two reasons I can come up with are (a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?

I was going to start this in the CDZ, but let's see if we can get some serious thought here.
Unless The NY Times plans to rat this person out after the damage is done, there is no way this person is real.

What an interesting question, I wish I'd thought of it. Off hand I can think of two answers; one, that the author is doing some private arse covering to alleviate the shame of belonging to the current administration; two, that the author has an agenda he/she believes will be advanced by this letter.
I don't know what that agenda may be but it seems obvious to be negative to Trump. Whether it's to shame the relevant parties into Art 25 action, to influence the mid-term elections, to undermine Trump for 2020, to encourage Congress to legislate limits on Trump's options, or all or none of the above is beyond me.

What an interesting question, I wish I'd thought of it. Off hand I can think of two answers; one, that the author is doing some private arse covering to alleviate the shame of belonging to the current administration; two, that the author has an agenda he/she believes will be advanced by this letter.
I don't know what that agenda may be but it seems obvious to be negative to Trump. Whether it's to shame the relevant parties into Art 25 action, to influence the mid-term elections, to undermine Trump for 2020, to encourage Congress to legislate limits on Trump's options, or all or none of the above is beyond me.
Holy crap, hadn't thought of that, and it should be at the top of the list: Some kind of personal professional agenda.

This is DC, after all.

Surely this person would know they would be outed, and is anticipating/hoping for some kind of reward or advancement.

Surely this person would know they would be outed,
Well, hasn't yet happened to my knowledge. If he/she knows it will happen then it must be planned for and the agenda, if one exists, will be advanced by that revelation.

Surely this person would know they would be outed,
Well, hasn't yet happened to my knowledge. If he/she knows it will happen then it must be planned for and the agenda, if one exists, will be advanced by that revelation.
Yeah. I was watching one of the networks yesterday and the reporter was laughing about how hard they're all digging to find out who wrote it. So who knows, this may all be the plan. Too funny.

If this person really exists and is outed, the left will take care of him. It is likely he would be a hero to those on the left, and immediately get a high level position at CNN or MSNBC.

If this person really exists and is outed, the left will take care of him. It is likely he would be a hero to those on the left, and immediately get a high level position at CNN or MSNBC.
Crazier things have happened. If you're a creature of DC, there's a pretty good chance that you have a drive for personal advancement at all costs that most people could only imagine.

That doesn't make the story true or untrue, but it would certainly explain the motivation here.

I doubt it.

They are not going to give up what would amount to a substantial shot at the White House with a radical lefty(should this hurt Trump enough to give them that opportunity) to credit some Bush era Republican who would be much more popular than McCain at that point.

`
It was written deliberately to throw a monkey wrench into the trump machinery. Divide and conquer. If I am to believe even just one tenth of what I read about the trump administration, it's falling apart at the seams, not that I care anymore. The democrats are so fragmented they are incapable of using that to their advantage.
`

`It was written deliberately to throw a monkey wrench into the trump machinery. Divide and conquer. If I am to believe even just one tenth of what I read about the trump administration, it's falling apart at the seams, not that I care anymore. The democrats are so fragmented they are incapable of using that to their advantage.`
That could be. The person who wrote it had to know that they'd ultimately be outed.

So, if they're a Democrat, this would look like standard smelly partisan politics. If they're a Republican, it could confirm what most people already assume.

Something doesn't fit here, but hopefully they'll be outed.

Lets start...

The disarray in the White House is not the Left's fault. I know there are people here that believe everything bad in the world must be from the Left and every good from the Right...

The NYT op-ed was written by a conservative... He said it in the article... He was chosen by Trump to serve the country not Trump...

Bob Woodward is not from the Left... He is one of the best investigative journalists ever in America.

Trump erratic behaviour is not caused by the Left...

The Left arrange a meeting with Russians to 'get dirt on Clinton'...

The Left didn't numerous campaign members break the law. The laws are serious and carry serious time...

The Left didn't triple inflation and increase borrowing to over a trillion a year...

That could be. The person who wrote it had to know that they'd ultimately be outed.So, if they're a Democrat, this would look like standard smelly partisan politics. If they're a Republican, it could confirm what most people already assume.Something doesn't fit here, but hopefully they'll be outed.
`

I'm not even going to hazard a guess as to who wrote it though it tickles me to think Pence (or someone from his office) did. Maybe the evangelicals are getting tired of trumps antics and figure it's time for Pence to move up. Just a thought.
`

That could be. The person who wrote it had to know that they'd ultimately be outed.So, if they're a Democrat, this would look like standard smelly partisan politics. If they're a Republican, it could confirm what most people already assume.Something doesn't fit here, but hopefully they'll be outed.
`

I'm not even going to hazard a guess as to who wrote it though it tickles me to think Pence (or someone from his office) did. Maybe the evangelicals are getting tired of trumps antics and figure it's time for Pence to move up. Just a thought.
`
Wouldn't surprise me for a moment.

`

`
Pence would never have a prayer of winning anything if he did that.

Any hopes Republicans had of Democrats mass voting for a popular Republican they still don’t agree with died with the humiliating defeat of McCain.

Pence would never have a prayer of winning anything if he did that.Any hopes Republicans had of Democrats mass voting for a popular Republican they still don’t agree with died with the humiliating defeat of McCain.
`
Pence doesn't have to win anything. If trump gets impeached or is otherwise removed from office, Pence takes over. That's what I'm saying. Far fetched? Perhaps but stranger things have happened.
`

Lets start...

The disarray in the White House is not the Left's fault. I know there are people here that believe everything bad in the world must be from the Left and every good from the Right...

The NYT op-ed was written by a conservative... He said it in the article... He was chosen by Trump to serve the country not Trump...

Bob Woodward is not from the Left... He is one of the best investigative journalists ever in America.

Trump erratic behaviour is not caused by the Left...

The Left arrange a meeting with Russians to 'get dirt on Clinton'...

The Left didn't numerous campaign members break the law. The laws are serious and carry serious time...

The Left didn't triple inflation and increase borrowing to over a trillion a year...
I didn't blame the left in my prior post. However it is my opinion that the left will do what they can to protect this person, whoever it is.

Pence would never have a prayer of winning anything if he did that.Any hopes Republicans had of Democrats mass voting for a popular Republican they still don’t agree with died with the humiliating defeat of McCain.
`
Pence doesn't have to win anything. If trump gets impeached or is otherwise removed from office, Pence takes over. That's what I'm saying. Far fetched? Perhaps but stranger things have happened.
`
I'd think it would depend on if the author were outed. If they were and turned out to be an evangelical Pence supporter, holy crap. No pun intended.

I can't imagine the author won't be outed at some point.

Oh, Stormy, you don't want serious thought. Y ou want people to agree with you.

My guess. The Republicans are panicking. they are looking at the polls that show they are looking at losing the house, the Senate is within striking distance, and the majority of governorships.

So they want to assure the dumb Suburban Von Papen Republicans who voted for Trump in 2016 that he is being handled.

You see, even under normal circumstances, a midterm is where you have the other part get control of Congress to limit the president, even when he isn't a crazy person.

After two years of cowering before the Gun Nuts and Religious Nuts who support Trump, the GOP has shown they won't reel him in. So those Suburban Von Papen Republicans are saying, "Hey, keep voting for Peter Roskam, even though we know he's a coward."

Of course, as long as we have Neville Chamberlain Democrats like you who appease Trump, I'm not having high hopes.

Unfortunately, we won't take a serious look at the 25th or impeachment until Trump does something truly disastrous and crashes the economy. Shame on us.

Democracy is broken, and we broke it.

Forum List

Back