CDZ WHY do you have to belong to a tribe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well not sure how tribal I am. I have four extremely close friends that have gotten most my free time since I was 13. None of which agree with my politics. As far as time expenditure with blood I spent most of my time with my father who passed in December. Big hole in my life made there. I still have an aunt and uncle I love to spend time with how ever they are older than my father. They are also really wealthy and are spending their golden years traveling. When they are proximate I find time to be with them. My children are beginning their families and I do not get to spend the type of time with em I would like. My four close freinds are where I spend most my free time now a day and they are anything but an echo chamber. They have at times ganged up on me on the politics thing then I just remind them that I am the first phone call they make when they need some ones help and that ends quickly.
I mentioned earlier, I suspect everyone is tribal or ideological to some degree. That's just human nature. The question is whether you control it or it controls you. To me the danger is when it robs a person of their innate curiosity and intellectual honesty. That's when a corner is turned. That's when you see people thinking they have a vice-like grip on "the truth", when they start thinking other Americans are "evil", or when they demonstrate that they just have zero (0) real understanding of the perspectives of others.

I just often wonder where the priority is -- do they really think that this type of binary thinking is good for America, or just good for them?

Why do Americans always think in terms of "HATE"? Is it a lack of vocabulary?

How else would you describe this sort of vitriol from Mac1958, who's only purpose here is to repeat the hatred he absorbs from left-wing media?

Nope, that you lied. That's okay. It's what you are. A liar and a coward.

And yes, another President with shitty approvals. Just like the orange buffoon you adore.

The orange jihadis don't like this cop's story.

Tough shit.

Indeed, the orange man-child you adore represents the most dangerous sociological symptom America has faced in my lifetime.

If you have a problem with me pointing him out, tough shit, snowflake.

NO ONE who voluntarily exists in the orange orbit can complain about anything that happens to them as a result.

If you're willing to sell your soul to such an ugly, vindictive, damaged person, tough shit.

Man, I'm REALLY up in your head.

I didn't mean to upset you, really. A normal conversation would have been just fine.

Fortunately, I wasn't holding my breath.

I don't mind taking 5 minutes out of my day to show the board what a partisan hack you are. Now go suck on your Joe Biden crack pipe until you get your next set of talking points from the DNC.

I mentioned earlier, I suspect everyone is tribal or ideological to some degree. That's just human nature. The question is whether you control it or it controls you. To me the danger is when it robs a person of their innate curiosity and intellectual honesty. That's when a corner is turned. That's when you see people thinking they have a vice-like grip on "the truth", when they start thinking other Americans are "evil", or when they demonstrate that they just have zero (0) real understanding of the perspectives of others.

I just often wonder where the priority is -- do they really think that this type of binary thinking is good for America, or just good for them?
Well my four buddies must not think they have an all out grip on what is right or wrong or they would not suffer me. In turn they must not believe I feel that way or they could not suffer me. In many ways I feel more conservative than they are. John Wayne made a big impact on my personality. I say what I mean and mean what I say. I do not raise my voice at others and will not stand for it being raised to me. I tell people often to do what they think is best. I also remind them that they will suffer the consequences of those actions. I shall suffer the consequences of mine. Not my circus not my monkey is one of my favorite sayings. On the block I do not voice my opinion often because of this people tend to pay attention when I do. My group was kinda the wild boys back in the day my role in the group seemed to be to decide when things went to far. On the rare occasion when I did put my foot down they listened. Where I separated big time from the conservative is many times wish the world were run by women. Little selfishness there because my life would be really easy if it were. For reasons I don't quite understand women tend to want to make my life easy. God bless them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back