CDZ The American Left

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
Bill Maher has always been solid Democrat liberal but now he is saying the party has been hijacked by insane people and he is praised by the opposition Republican party for speaking the truth about his party. So what is the future of the Democratic Party? Even liberals are tiring of the woke extremists.

Bill Maher has always been solid Democrat liberal

false.

Checking in With Bill Maher (in 1999)​

After Monica, the ‘Politically Incorrect’ host gets to the real issues: Super-model slights, Howard Stern’s jealousy and the importance of Jesse Ventura.

By
DAVID WILD

You’ve been described as a libertarian.
I’m a libertarian.
The line I’ve always used is, I would be a Republican if they would. Which means that I like the Barry Gold-water Republican Party, even the Reagan Republican Party. I want a mean old man to watch my money. I don’t want a Republican to be funny. I don’t want him to be charming. Because government is a sieve that takes as much money as it can and gives it away, usually needlessly.
Checking in With Bill Maher (in 1999)

EMMYS: Bill Maher's Longest Losing Streak

By The Deadline Team
June 18, 2011 3:11pm

MAHER: I don’t know Charlie Sheen well, but I spent a little time with him in 2009 and that guy is completely different than the one I’ve seen now. The fact is I’m a Libertarian who believes you should be able to do any drug you want. But don’t get all obnoxious and brag about it. That bothers me, the rubbing your fame and money in people’s faces — especially Charlie who was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple. I put Donald Trump in that same league of rubbing people’s noses in it. Trump and Charlie spend far too much time talking about how fucking fabulous they are.

Good topic! This is the road to fascism and so this thread can be an opportunity to discuss the pros and cons.

But first a standard of decency must be set so that a discussion can take place.

I'll start it off by saying that fascism has many attractive features for a people who have been depressed severely by a corrupted capitalist system. But that happening needs fascism to fully succeed to a satisfactory end result for it's advocates.

These attractions can be examined in some detail now, as well as examining the terrible consequences for those people of other countries that aren't included within the budding fascist system.

Comments? Is anybody up to the discussion, either pro or con?

And of course, anyone attempting to support the pros of fascism must do so under a different label.

well i showed you verifiable proof that isn't true. so you cannot have a debate when you literally start it with a lie.

i gave you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know he HAS ALWAYS called himself a libertarian; but if you double down after being corrected
- - - then you have no credibility.
If you do not know how liberal he has always been I feel sorry for you. He always attacked the Republicans and embraced every liberal idea.

If you watch the video he says himself he is liberal and liberals should have embraced him.

Good topic! This is the road to fascism and so this thread can be an opportunity to discuss the pros and cons.

But first a standard of decency must be set so that a discussion can take place.

I'll start it off by saying that fascism has many attractive features for a people who have been depressed severely by a corrupted capitalist system. But that happening needs fascism to fully succeed to a satisfactory end result for it's advocates.

These attractions can be examined in some detail now, as well as examining the terrible consequences for those people of other countries that aren't included within the budding fascist system.

Comments? Is anybody up to the discussion, either pro or con?

And of course, anyone attempting to support the pros of fascism must do so under a different label.
You forgot about "sniveler"

Maher gave Hillary $1 million and got jack for it. Now he wants to get his money back from the right. He's nothing but a grifter.

If you do not know how liberal he has always been I feel sorry for you. He always attacked the Republicans and embraced every liberal idea.

he attacked (R)s because (R)s still enjoy regulations when they favor their causes.

<pssssst> he's just a mouthpiece who has ALWAYS claimed to a libertarian.
that's the fact, jack.

how come you choose not to believe the actual words he used.

' i am a liberatarian'.

If you watch the video he says himself he is liberal and liberals should have embraced him.

he's uber liberal when it comes to individual rights.

that's why he's a libertarian. (R)s are suppose to be smaller less intrusive. that's why he embraces them when it's convenient.

Maher has always called himself a Liberal. Now he is disappointed in Liberals.

As he should be, along with every other liberal person who is aghast at what the democratic party has become.

So what is the future of the Democratic Party? Even liberals are tiring of the woke extremists.

I really dunno. For now it appears they are doubling down on their failures and unpopular politics, but how long that will last is open for debate. Their poll numbers suck and they are losing large numbers of supporters so one wonders if that party will adapt. If they don't, I don't see how they can do well in future elections, especially if the economy tanks while Biden and the dems are in control. Will they gradually shift back to the middle? It doesn't see likely anytime soon; blue states and districts probably aren't going to change. What I think is the most likely is that both major parties remain at or below 30% while the numbers of independents rises to over 40% and stays that way for quite some time. People are tired of the infighting and politicking that doesn't produce much progress. Interesting to see if bipartisanship increases; there are signs that could happen.

Bill Maher has always been solid Democrat liberal but now he is saying the party has been hijacked by insane people and he is praised by the opposition Republican party for speaking the truth about his party. So what is the future of the Democratic Party? Even liberals are tiring of the woke extremists.

Correct as Maher is here, he is a political chameleon wind sock more concerned with approval than principle.

The real devil-may-care gadfly Bill Maher died, the moment he made the move from a small-time show on Comedy Central to the bright lights of big media exposure.

He is now merely a marginally amusing, neurotic narcissist.

Correct as Maher is here, he is a political chameleon wind sock more concerned with approval than principle.

The real devil-may-care gadfly Bill Maher died, the moment he made the move from a small-time show on Comedy Central to the bright lights of big media exposure.

He is now merely a marginally amusing, neurotic narcissist.

oh holy cow - i actually agree with you on something.

will wonders never cease?

false.

Checking in With Bill Maher (in 1999)​

After Monica, the ‘Politically Incorrect’ host gets to the real issues: Super-model slights, Howard Stern’s jealousy and the importance of Jesse Ventura.

By
DAVID WILD

You’ve been described as a libertarian.
I’m a libertarian.
The line I’ve always used is, I would be a Republican if they would. Which means that I like the Barry Gold-water Republican Party, even the Reagan Republican Party. I want a mean old man to watch my money. I don’t want a Republican to be funny. I don’t want him to be charming. Because government is a sieve that takes as much money as it can and gives it away, usually needlessly.
Checking in With Bill Maher (in 1999)

By The Deadline Team
June 18, 2011 3:11pm

MAHER: I don’t know Charlie Sheen well, but I spent a little time with him in 2009 and that guy is completely different than the one I’ve seen now. The fact is I’m a Libertarian who believes you should be able to do any drug you want. But don’t get all obnoxious and brag about it. That bothers me, the rubbing your fame and money in people’s faces — especially Charlie who was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple. I put Donald Trump in that same league of rubbing people’s noses in it. Trump and Charlie spend far too much time talking about how fucking fabulous they are.
You do you realize that these are simply opinions without a way to verify the quotes listed? Or are you going to stick with the nonsense that Maher is some kind of libertarian? Because if the latter, then I'll simply ignore you as ignorant for the rest of this thread.

What gets me is why should anyone be influenced by a entertainer? They spout some words and just as quickly either forget about them or do a 180 if it suits their purposes.....I pay to watch them dance, not base my political ideology on.....Only the weak would do that.

I could say the same for most commentators, right or left.

What gets me is why should anyone be influenced by a entertainer? They spout some words and just as quickly either forget about them or do a 180 if it suits their purposes.....I pay to watch them dance, not base my political ideology on.....Only the weak would do that.

I could say the same for most commentators, right or left.
To be honest the American television reporters are all entertainers or try to be. Seems that way to me.

You do you realize that these are simply opinions without a way to verify the quotes listed? Or are you going to stick with the nonsense that Maher is some kind of libertarian? Because if the latter, then I'll simply ignore you as ignorant for the rest of this thread.

interviews are opinions, now?

lol .. i heard him with my own ears back when he was hosting politically incorrect - which made me know to go looking for a quote on paper.

nice try though. oh & he called our military 'cowards' too back in the day.

great dude.

To be honest the American television reporters are all entertainers or try to be. Seems that way to me.

bill maher is a pundit who did stand up when he started out.

pundits are not reporters. joe rogan was a comedian b4 he turned to acting & then as host on fear factor. he has even less credability than maher.

interviews are opinions, now?

lol .. i heard him with my own ears back when he was hosting politically incorrect - which made me know to go looking for a quote on paper.

nice try though. oh & he called our military 'cowards' too back in the day.

great dude.
In case you missed the part where I said that the quotes cannot be verified, then the entire article is opinion. Unless of course, there are footnotes with links to supporting documentation and/or footage of the interview.

Is there?

No?

These are opinions, nothing more.

In case you missed the part where I said that the quotes cannot be verified, then the entire article is opinion. Unless of course, there are footnotes with links to supporting documentation and/or footage of the interview.

Is there?

No?

These are opinions, nothing more.

you go with that if it makes you feel better.

It has been a gradual process, but the left abandoned liberalism when it embraced identity politics. Identity politics is actually the most primitive form of politics since it is all based upon tribe.

Maher is a liberal, but the left now isn't.

I think it is well past time people stop using the terms liberal, left and democrat as if they are synonyms. They aren't.

Ron DeSantis is FAR more liberal than the Newsomes and Whitmers of the world.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back