Zone1 Why should we be committed to pronoun slavery?

A plane crashed, 4 women and 8 men and 193 unknowns died.

For the sake of humanity, all this pronoun and woke stuff needs outlawed.

The assumption seems to be that if you get the pronoun wrong, you are deliberately insulting them. I'm too old to agonize over such foolishness. I have no track record for being unkind ... or cruel. I would never, ever mock handicapped people nor would my children or anyone in my extended family. I would never shove anyone.

Polite society always seeks not to offend. A person prefers to be called by a certain name.... usually there's no problem. Some things are self-evident however and one of them is gender identities.

Having said that and not withstanding a person's personal choices.... Is it not also a personal choice to decide which pronouns we will use whether or not the person we direct them at approves of those pronouns? Who says everyone has to approve of our choice of pronouns before it's okay for us to use them?

When will we be asked to identify a person as a giraffe and be threatened with jail if we do not do that?

Likewise many people like the pronoun asshole.... I get it a lot. I know who they're talking to and I don't usually try to correct it.

But if a person is free to dictate which pronouns other people can use to identify them.... Why isn't the identifier also free to use whatever pronouns or she feels is appropriate for that identification process? Isn't this the very same freedom we're talking about?

Why does this bother YOU so fucking much??? What difference does it make to YOU what someone wants to be called. Why do YOU make such a big thing about it?

You seem to go out of your way to be offended about EVERYTHING. If someone wants to be referred to as he, she or them, what difference does it make? Why does it make you angry?

Why do YOUR desires override their wishes. What makes you all that and a bag of peanuts?

Polite society always seeks not to offend. A person prefers to be called by a certain name.... usually there's no problem. Some things are self-evident however and one of them is gender identities.

Having said that and not withstanding a person's personal choices.... Is it not also a personal choice to decide which pronouns we will use whether or not the person we direct them at approves of those pronouns? Who says everyone has to approve of our choice of pronouns before it's okay for us to use them?

When will we be asked to identify a person as a giraffe and be threatened with jail if we do not do that?

Likewise many people like the pronoun asshole.... I get it a lot. I know who they're talking to and I don't usually try to correct it.

But if a person is free to dictate which pronouns other people can use to identify them.... Why isn't the identifier also free to use whatever pronouns or she feels is appropriate for that identification process? Isn't this the very same freedom we're talking about?
No

Why does this bother YOU so fucking much??? What difference does it make to YOU what someone wants to be called. Why do YOU make such a big thing about it?

You seem to go out of your way to be offended about EVERYTHING. If someone wants to be referred to as he, she or them, what difference does it make? Why does it make you angry?

Why do YOUR desires override their wishes. What makes you all that and a bag of peanuts?
Its his body. His decision ;)
See what I did there?

Where has ANYONE been threatened with jail for not using the correct pronouns?

It's ridiculous the outrage Americans feel over the least consequential things that really don't affect them personally, and would be best ignored if you're not personally involved - like gay marriage. You can be whipped up into a frenzy about so many things, it's sad.

Not the same thing at all, but you're not bright enough to get it. It costs you NOTHING to use the pronouns requested. Not like you've been asked to change your whole fucking life because your birth control failed.
It is the same thing. It is HIS body. He can do what he wants with it.

It's ridiculous the outrage Americans feel over the least consequential things that really don't affect them personally, and would be best ignored if you're not personally involved - like gay marriage. You can be whipped up into a frenzy about so many things, it's sad.
Who’s outraged? Seems the ones outraged are the ones demanding to be addressed as something the clearly are not. 🤷‍♂️

Because he's WOKE and he feels he is being forced to use such Pronouns against his desires, when in Reality, this poster justoffal has NEVER been forced to use preferred pronouns and probably has never spoken a word to such a person.

Just another day in the WOKE angry trump cult.

Because he's WOKE and he feels he is being forced to use such Pronouns against his desires, when in Reality, this poster justoffal has NEVER been forced to use preferred pronouns and probably has never spoken a word to such a person.

Just another day in the WOKE angry trump cult.
Nice projecting cult boy.

When a person's ability to earn a living is in jeopardy if they refuse to confirm an illusion, that is the very definition of force.

The idiots in this thread who support the tranny mafia are like the peasants in that old story who are angry at the boy who has the balls to say that the emperor is actually naked.

Not to veer off the subject, but you are being more than a bit hypocritical here. Gays, when offered a separate but equal institution called “Gay Marriage” were insulted by the implication and demanded no such thing exist. It was to be called “Marriage” and nothing more. Yet, for some reason you thought it appropriate to call it something it obviously is, but insults that group.

I think you need to apologize to the homosexuals on this board for calling it something they do not appreciate.

Oh, and same sex marriage does not only exist between homosexuals. Heterosexual same sex individuals are just as eligible.

Not to veer off the subject, but you are being more than a bit hypocritical here. Gays, when offered a separate but equal institution called “Gay Marriage” were insulted by the implication and demanded no such thing exist. It was to be called “Marriage” and nothing more. Yet, for some reason you thought it appropriate to call it something it obviously is, but insults that group.

I think you need to apologize to the homosexuals on this board for calling it something they do not appreciate.

Oh, and same sex marriage does not only exist between homosexuals. Heterosexual same sex individuals are just as eligible.

Nice attempt at deflection, but not the same thing at all. Gays don't want a "separate but equal" marriage, because that relegates their relationships to a "second class" status.

You still haven't given me any reason as to why you cannot just use whatever pronouns someone wants you to use. How are YOU being harmed by this? Why is THIS the hill you want to die on?

Americans continue to look for reasons to be pissed off over NOTHING.

When a person's ability to earn a living is in jeopardy if they refuse to confirm an illusion, that is the very definition of force.

The idiots in this thread who support the tranny mafia are like the peasants in that old story who are angry at the boy who has the balls to say that the emperor is actually naked.

When someone refuses to treat the customers with good manners, that employee needs to be fired.

The boy was pointing out that the Emperor had been deceived and made a fool of in front of his people. He wasn't trying to shame the Emperor. By refusing to use the pronouns of choice, you're trying to shame the person making the request.

The "tranny mafia"????? Why do Republicans have such a problem treating people who aren't like them, with any kind of good manners at all. Is your inferiority complex so all consuming that you have to bring everyone down to show them who's boss?????

Nice attempt at deflection, but not the same thing at all. Gays don't want a "separate but equal" marriage, because that relegates their relationships to a "second class" status.

You still haven't given me any reason as to why you cannot just use whatever pronouns someone wants you to use. How are YOU being harmed by this? Why is THIS the hill you want to die on?

Americans continue to look for reasons to be pissed off over NOTHING.

Yet you are the one calling the marriage of two same sex individuals a “gay marriage”, insulting homosexuals

Your hypocrisy is beyond the pale.

Yes, you are a cultist. Of that, there is no doubt

When someone refuses to treat the customers with good manners, that employee needs to be fired.

The boy was pointing out that the Emperor had been deceived and made a fool of in front of his people. He wasn't trying to shame the Emperor. By refusing to use the pronouns of choice, you're trying to shame the person making the request.

The "tranny mafia"????? Why do Republicans have such a problem treating people who aren't like them, with any kind of good manners at all. Is your inferiority complex so all consuming that you have to bring everyone down to show them who's boss?????
Yes, you support firing people if they do not confirm the delusions of others.

Why do you hate liberal values with such passion?

Oh, for goodness' sake!

How does it hurt to make someone happy?

If Joe thinks he is a girl, then call him "her."

And if Joe is not sure whether he is a boy or girl today, call them "they."

Yes, I know it's all so silly, but it's wonderful that people in this country have the time and freedom for such nonsense.

Can you even imagine this being an issue in, say, North Korea?

And in Mexico, Joe had better not even raise the issue.

All we can do is feel pity for Joe.

I am not obligated to use incorrect grammar simply because someone else prefers that I do so.

Forum List

Back