Why do people hate Liberals?

Yes... TV's, sound systems etc..

We do mostly corporate now... When we first started out we did bars and such and the rich folks homes....

We have mostly celebrity clients when it comes to residential.... We wont do a job for anything less than $300 an hour...
Do you know how much some hedge fund managers make?

$39,000 per hour.

What the hell can they possibly do that's worth that much money.

Political parties in the USA are opposite of those in Europe and they operate differently.

Yes, they do. Very differently in some ways, and very similar in others.

Certainly the word 'liberal' in the US has drifted a long way from its British roots...but I think most of us non-US posters do understand the sense in which Americans mean it.

btw. While I understand what Wiki is referring to, Kokoomus are very much a pro-business conservative party and True Finns populist. Like most populast parties they through out the odd left wing policy, but they are mainly anti-immigrant and very conservative. I wouldn't call either liberal at all.

Well I know enough about electric to not get killed.... One of our families business' is audio video so we come across electricity time to time... We do mostly corporate jobs - upgrades to HD-TV, audio systems etc...

I will say this much - I've had my fair share of zapps climbing in ceilings...

Wire nuts suck....
I got zapped by 277V one time for just that reason. I was backing down off a ladder and my hand was coming down past some neutrals wire nutted together and someone didn't twist the nut as tight as it should have been and it came down with my fingers. All of sudden, I feel this current at the top of my head, moving down past my ears and then past my shoulders, before I hopped off the ladder.

I got a nice little "tap" recently pulling wires...

AV work is difficult..... Wires need to be pulled but one has no idea if they will be crawling through an attic or a crawl space......

I'm not proving anyones point Socrates...

As long as you keep posting that suggests Stalin, Truman, the Dalai Lama and Joe Liebermann are on the same political team, then yes you are.

At the point you realise that Hitler (extreme right) has more in common with Stalin (extreme left) than either do with Obama or Romney, then you won't be proving my point.

:lol:

For the fifth time on this board - the only difference between Stalin and Hitler were THEIR FUCKING MUSTACHE....

I would love for all you intelligent motherfuckers to cite examples where they were somehow different... Oh yeah that is right only pop culture and academics attempt to differentiate the two...

The Nazi's even stole the Communist's advertising program, right down to the poster themes and color.

Political parties in the USA are opposite of those in Europe and they operate differently.

Yes, they do. Very differently in some ways, and very similar in others.

Certainly the word 'liberal' in the US has drifted a long way from its British roots...but I think most of us non-US posters do understand the sense in which Americans mean it.

btw. While I understand what Wiki is referring to, Kokoomus are very much a pro-business conservative party and True Finns populist. Like most populast parties they through out the odd left wing policy, but they are mainly anti-immigrant and very conservative. I wouldn't call either liberal at all.

Kudos! For great chat without descending to cursing! :D

I did not see Kokoomus on your wiki link...which leaves me :confused:

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.

someone could just as easily start a thread " why do people hate conservatives"

I don't think it's hate as much as contempt.

I used to be a liberal and then I grew up. As others have stated before me, liberals can be just as inflexible.

What I like least about liberalism:

political correctness, which includes the "you are racist I'm not" philosophy. that includes xenophobia and homophobia.
hard core atheists
gotcha politics
social re-engineering
lack of fiscal reasponsibility

What I like least about conservatives:

if you disagree you are not patriotic
hard core evangelicals
not wanting to cut back on the military spending

To answer OP, the modern Liberal is just the latest incarnation of Progressive.

The huge mistake (and ignorance) is that this isn't about 'right' or 'left'. Authoritarianism comes in both flavors.

It is Progressive/ Statism versus a free society.

Progressives believe government knows what is best for you and the individual, not so much.

The Nazi's were Progressives. The Communists were progressives.

They both hated, and continue to hate, the personal liberty, freedom, individualism and self-determination of the free American society.

Oh, and Obama is a Progressive.

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.

The people who are so over the top in their hatred are partisan trolls.

Basically they're just getting off on hating.

These are the sorts of people who will always find somebody to hate.

That's just their thing.

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals

As a libertarian, I want to be able to follow my own views and values and I want conservatives and liberals to be able to follow theirs.

Liberals with the power of guns are forcing us all to follow their views and values. And those views and values reward greed and laziness and disincent work and responsibility.

I have no respect for people who's ambition is to remove my choice and control over my own life. When they take rather than appreciating they spit on and blame the victim. When they get their way, they get more angry that they have nothing.

Now Mathew, you really think that the economic theories that resulted in the First Great Republican Depression were not destructive? And that the deconstruction of the regulations that were put into place because of that Depression, leading up to October, 2008, and a very near brush with the Second Great Republican Depression, were not destuctive?

The Federal Reserve caused the panic of 1929, and then Roosevelt's economic policies extended a sharp but short recession into a depression. Pretty much the same thing happened in 2008. Only morons blame low taxes and deregulation for the depression.

It's obvious from your post here you dropped out of school, or didn't pay any attention to history.

What is the Fed Reserve? Is it a privately owned entity or a gov entity?

Last edited:
I don't want to get into detail because then I would be accused of being hateful toward cons. But while liberals view the world with shades of gray, conservatives view the world as black vs white,us vs them,good vs evil.

Right, which is why liberals all have the same position on every issue while Republicans are split on every issue. What you are saying is ... baaa ...

Liberal was made a bad word as momma used to say. How did this happen, it took lots of time and lots of money. When FDR called his administration liberal, business and the republican party started the denigration of a word. When business faced unions, fair wages, safe working conditions there had to be a foe. Foes make life simple. Liberal is associated with taxes, welfare, civil rights, EEO, environmental concerns, affirmative action, unions, regulation, all things that are controversial for some and often take power from them. It is a lesson in the power of ideas that as inequality grows the reason for it is now the fault of the victim. America is consciously making itself a third world nation in which business money rules, and ignorance is celebrated. And so it goes....

"The rise of conservative politics in postwar America is one of the great puzzles of American political history. For much of the period that followed the end of World War II, conservative ideas about the primacy of the free market, and the dangers of too-powerful labor unions, government regulation, and an activist, interventionist state seemed to have been thoroughly rejected by most intellectual and political elites. Scholars and politicians alike dismissed those who adhered to such faiths as a "radical right," for whom to quote the Columbia University historian Richard Hofstadter politics "becomes an arena into which the wildest fancies are projected, the most paranoid suspicions, the most absurd superstitions, the most bizarre apocalyptic fantasies." How, then, did such ideas move from their marginal position in the middle years of the twentieth century to become the reigning politics of the country by the century's end?" Kim Phillips-Fein ('Invisible Hands')

I don't have any hatred toward liberals. It's just that those who call themselves liberal a majority of the time (on this board) aren't liberal at all. "Progressive"? Sure, if by progression we're moving back to the times when "governance" meant telling everyone what to do at all times. There isn't anything liberal about that idea.

Which is why they get called what they are. LOLberals.

Liberals purged Joe Lieberman from their party for daring to put country above their anti American, pro-jihad,anti-gwot program

no, not hate......

but if you want a good reason to mock rabid liberals....i give you liesmaters. The facts lay withing the link

http://www.usmessageboard.com/search.php?searchid=5673362

that's one person...

i could give you 20 on the other side, hon. ;)

but the reality is that this is a stupid thread. b/c we know the only people who 'hate' liberals are insane rightwingnut loons.

normal conservatives and normal liberals don't hate each other.

Forum List

Back