Why do people hate Liberals?

Saigon

Gold Member
May 4, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.

Now Mathew, you really think that the economic theories that resulted in the First Great Republican Depression were not destructive? And that the deconstruction of the regulations that were put into place because of that Depression, leading up to October, 2008, and a very near brush with the Second Great Republican Depression, were not destuctive?

Their economic theory's are destructive.

I don't see there is any evidence of that at a theoertical level.

Some of the world's most succesful governments have been liberal.

In fact, I think you'd struggle to mount a case that conservatives have a better economi record in government that liberals. In any country.

I don't want to get into detail because then I would be accused of being hateful toward cons. But while liberals view the world with shades of gray, conservatives view the world as black vs white,us vs them,good vs evil.

The weird thing is - there seems to be some truth in that.

I just don't see a lot of more left wing posters going on about "typical conservative mindset" or claiming "conservatives are so stupid".

I'm glad we don't see that, but still...

A liberal is willing to recognize that there are many areas in life where there is neither right nor wrong, just a range of choices, choices which will not solve the whole of the problems, and are not good or bad, but more effective or less effective. This does not set well with conservatives, who prefer definate right and wrong.

Also, liberals accept reality far better than conservatives. They do not try to bend the real world into "the way things ought to be". That is why 'Conservatives' deny the science of AGW, in spite of all the evidence of a warming world around them, and the solid science behind the reason why. And when a major poltical party embraces this lack of recognition of reality, as the GOP has, there is no way that I can vote for them.

A liberal is willing to recognize that there are many areas in life where there is neither right nor wrong, just a range of choices, choices which will not solve the whole of the problems, and are not good or bad, but more effective or less effective. This does not set well with conservatives, who prefer definate right and wrong.

Also, liberals accept reality far better than conservatives. They do not try to bend the real world into "the way things ought to be". That is why 'Conservatives' deny the science of AGW, in spite of all the evidence of a warming world around them, and the solid science behind the reason why. And when a major poltical party embraces this lack of recognition of reality, as the GOP has, there is no way that I can vote for them.

Surely you jest.

Liberals are just as black and white, right and wrong on issues as cons are. Dont kid yourself into thinking that liberals are any more or less flexible.

I don't hate liberals. BTW they are progressives. They just stole the liberal moniker when people realized how nuts progressives were.

I just want them to stop taking my money and interfering in my life. That's all.

Surely you jest.

Liberals are just as black and white, right and wrong on issues as cons are. Dont kid yourself into thinking that liberals are any more or less flexible.

I am judging from what I have seen in nearly 70 years of life.

Surely you jest.

I am judging from what I have seen in nearly 70 years of life.

then you dont get out much.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.

no, not hate......

but if you want a good reason to mock rabid liberals....i give you liesmaters. The facts lay withing the link

http://www.usmessageboard.com/search.php?searchid=5673362

If you wish to mock the far left, one can easily find equal reason to mock the far right. In fact, at the moment, the far right is making very public statements leading to mockery from all sides of the political spectrum.

But have no fear, another year, and it will be the far lefts turn to be in the public eye.

In the meantime, concerning this election cycle, I do not want to see another repeat of the October, 2008 debacle, or worse. So I will vote Dem, until such time as the GOP wakes up to reality.

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals to wards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

You must be brain dead! I'm new here and I swear most the bashing is toward conservatives.
The fact is, liberalism is a parasitic culture that wants to feed off the success of others.
Hard working industrialist that built this country, developed this country, made it the success it is today, God fearing folks. Our founding fathers knew this and defined a constitution to guide us. We're just trying to preserve the Liberties and Freedom this affords.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

"Liberals" are NOT liberals........ They're fascist authoritarians, and in some cases totalitarian...

Anyone who advocates bigger government and loyalty to government is absolutely not liberal...

Real classical liberals founded this country in response to authoritarian, totalitarian and theocratic governments across the pond.....

Now the same mess is being created here by the so called "liberals."

I hate progressives because they're my antithesis.....They're a bunch of envious fucks who want government to take care of them via STEALING from anyone who has more then them.

How the fuck can one be liberal and look to government to provide for them???

Now Mathew, you really think that the economic theories that resulted in the First Great Republican Depression were not destructive? And that the deconstruction of the regulations that were put into place because of that Depression, leading up to October, 2008, and a very near brush with the Second Great Republican Depression, were not destuctive?

The Federal Reserve caused the panic of 1929, and then Roosevelt's economic policies extended a sharp but short recession into a depression. Pretty much the same thing happened in 2008. Only morons blame low taxes and deregulation for the depression.

no, not hate......

but if you want a good reason to mock rabid liberals....i give you liesmaters. The facts lay withing the link

If you wish to mock the far left, one can easily find equal reason to mock the far right. In fact, at the moment, the far right is making very public statements leading to mockery from all sides of the political spectrum.

But have no fear, another year, and it will be the far lefts turn to be in the public eye.

In the meantime, concerning this election cycle, I do not want to see another repeat of the October, 2008 debacle, or worse. So I will vote Dem, until such time as the GOP wakes up to reality.

If you're voting for Obama, it's YOU that needs to wake up. Have you been paying attention to his economic plans that consistently fail? Spending a gazillion dollars is no way to economic recovery, which should be apparent by now.

no, not hate......

If you wish to mock the far left, one can easily find equal reason to mock the far right.
In fact, at the moment, the far right is making very public statements leading to mockery from all sides of the political spectrum.

Bingo!

Thank you for making my point! I also guess you missed the word..... rabid before the word liberal.

Again.... the left is no more or less flexible as the right.

Must draw you a map, rookie. Let me know when you have trouble. I believe in freedom from a business sense. Let's focus on freedom and business. Business determines boundarys of product. YOu are okay with your purchasing power sinking every day buying export products.

WE are born out of the womb, FREE. When the state/goverment wants to facilitate rules of tax collections per working class with 176,000 of hollow point 40 cal a hinded tent of hindering true entent.

Forum List

Back