Why do liberals hate freedom?

California may ban gay teen 'conversion' therapy - Yahoo! News

Representatives of the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality on Tuesday called the bill a piece of social engineering masquerading as a solution to a clinical problem.

"Any therapist worth his salt knows that homosexual feelings commonly occur in victims as a result of abuses," he said. "I ought to know because I was one of those boys."

liberals, why do you hate freedom and the rights of parents?

Even when professionals tell you you're wrong and will do harm, you don't give a fuck.
Child abuse is already illegal so I don't really see the point of this bill. If an adult wants to get therapy to undo teh ghey, let him or her. Forcing your children to endure it is just cruel.

Representatives of the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality on Tuesday called the bill a piece of social engineering masquerading as a solution to a clinical problem.

"Any therapist worth his salt knows that homosexual feelings commonly occur in victims as a result of abuses," he said. "I ought to know because I was one of those boys."

Even when professionals tell you you're wrong and will do harm, you don't give a fuck.

DAMN a twofer.

Hes pissing off gays and Science all in one fell swoop

no, I'm not.

I'm standing up for the rights of parents and homosexuals that want to get that therapy.

as a liberal, I know you can't grasp what rights and freedoms are, but do try.

I'm sure you feel the same way about the recent referendum passed in North Carolina banning gay marriage.

DAMN a twofer.

Hes pissing off gays and Science all in one fell swoop

no, I'm not.

I'm standing up for the rights of parents and homosexuals that want to get that therapy.

I'm sure you feel the same way about the recent referendum passed in North Carolina banning gay marriage.

it removes a right, a right that the SCOTUS stated was legit for different races to marry.

Do I dare assume that you are against all arms laws?

Should "therapists" have the "freedom" to continue to perform lobotomies and shock treatments? Should the FDA be able to ban drugs that are harmful to people?

Reparative therapy (which has a less than 2% success rate) causes much more harm than good. I'm glad to see California banning such a dangerous practice.

Clinging to Kinsey, eh?

Shock treatments are still performed.

Where did I ever mention Kinsey? :eusa_eh:

As for shock treatments:

In most states in the USA, a judicial order following a formal hearing is needed before a patient can be forced to undergo involuntary ECT. Patients may be represented by legal counsel at the hearing. According to the Surgeon General's Report on Mental Health, "As a rule, the law requires that such petitions are granted only where the prompt institution of ECT is regarded as potentially lifesaving, as in the case of a person in grave danger because of lack of food or fluid intake caused by catatonia."
Electroconvulsive therapy

Lobotomies were actually quite effective...and will probably come back into favor once the liberals completely remove our right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Abortion, euthanasia, and lobotomies...I can see you lining people up now.

But being good students of Kinsey, you see no value in learning about homosexuality, or even child sexual abuse, because you value those behaviors more than you value children themselves. Your one and only focus is to increase depravity, and reduce accountability for it.

So you aren't interested in any treatments that could potentially remove a child's homosexual urges, or tell us something about how behavior and sexual orientation intersect...

You can't "remove" someones natural inclinations. "Conversion" therapy doesn't work and is especially harmful to a child. If an ADULT wants to go to a quack that tells them what a horrible person they are for their perfectly natural feelings, they can go right ahead. California wants to ban the practice of parents forcing it on their children. Good for us!

Child abuse is already illegal so I don't really see the point of this bill. If an adult wants to get therapy to undo teh ghey, let him or her. Forcing your children to endure it is just cruel.
Gay kids get picked on more than fat kids.

Seems the parents are doing what they think is best for their child.

but you don't get that, you think the state knows best and we should all be regulated.

ahem

Keep your government out of my bedroom.

Never mind, I found it.

The APA, that wonderful organization that embraced sex abuse of myriad children as "research", has proclaimed it's "harmful" to allow people to attempt to change their sexual orientation.

Kinsey would be proud. He was fond of homosexuals, and liked people vulnerable and sexually confused. They were the subjects of his "studies".

Keep digging. You'll also find that The American Academy of Pediatrics, The American Psychiatric Association, The American Psychological Association, The American Counseling Association and the National Association of Social Workers have all condemned "conversion therapy".

but you don't get that, you think the state knows best and we should all be regulated.

ahem

I think that children, who do not have the same rights as adults, deserve special protection. I also believe adults don't belong in their children's bedroom to this extent.

The parents are free to teach their values but they are not free to force their children into some quack therapy session.

no, I'm not.

it removes a right, a right that the SCOTUS stated was legit for different races to marry.

What do guns have yo do with the discussion? For the record, I am...for the most part...anti-gun control. I personally don't think that people need to be walking around with fully automatic weapons or rocket launchers...but consumer grade weapons? I have zero problem with.

But back to the point.... folks who celebrate what was done in NC...will say "you want to get married? Go somewhere else!" CA has done nothing yet and many of those same people are up in arms about it. I just find it ironic how our supposed "liberties and freedoms" change when it comes down to people we don't approve of.

ahem

I think that children, who do not have the same rights as adults, deserve special protection. I also believe adults don't belong in their children's bedroom to this extent.

The parents are free to teach their values but they are not free to force their children into some quack therapy session.

non sense

That argument holds as much water as schools making kids do laps in gym or making them go swimming.

It's not like any parent is sending thier kid kicking and screaming

In Massachusetts they're making bake-sales illegal. They figure that kids won't be able to find fatty foods once they get rid of school sponsored bake-sales. Okay. :eusa_whistle:

A grade-school student was sent home because he wore a T-shirt to school that supported the Marines. When his mother showed up at the school to find out why they sent him home they said they don't condone the support of violence of any kind. After a 15 minute discussion of the merits of national defense the Mom turned and stormed out of the office calling everyone in hearing range a bunch of pussy communists.

Last edited:

What do guns have yo do with the discussion? For the record, I am...for the most part...anti-gun control. I personally don't think that people need to be walking around with fully automatic weapons or rocket launchers...but consumer grade weapons? I have zero problem with.

But back to the point.... folks who celebrate what was done in NC...will say "you want to get married? Go somewhere else!" CA has done nothing yet and many of those same people are up in arms about it. I just find it ironic how our supposed "liberties and freedoms" change when it comes down to people we don't approve of.

The same as your listing the ban on gay marriage.

And being against the right to bear any arms is Unconstitutional.

Thus ignoring rights has become so prevalent.

It got going in the 30's, or I should say really got going.

FDR confiscated everyones gold )property(
banned certain guns
etc

now we have people telling parents they may not seek help for a gay kid and gays can't get married, and I can't buy a machine gun. )not that I want one(

banned certain guns
etc

now we have people telling parents they may not seek help for a gay kid and gays can't get married, and I can't buy a machine gun. )not that I want one(

No I was offering a contrast of two sides of the same coin(homosexuality and States rights) and how hypocritical it is to celebrate one and damn the other. You went on the tangent of gun control.

banned certain guns
etc

No I was offering a contrast of two sides of the same coin(homosexuality and States rights) and how hypocritical it is to celebrate one and damn the other. You went on the tangent of gun control.

It's hypocritical to celebrate the banning of guns and supporting gay marriage.

just b/c you support one and not the other...

banned certain guns
etc

Really? So what you are saying is that everyone should be lockstep on every issue? How "conservative" of you.

Wow seawytch ... how medieval is that shit?

You know, in the future, people are going to look back on stuff like that and think the same thing we do today about the old clinical methods....such as bleeding evil spirits out of patients and drilling holes in people's. Skulls for much the same. I would mention leeching, but 1. It's still used today in a much more limited basis. And 2. Our conservative brethren would assume I'm talking about welfare recipients.

Last edited:

Really? So what you are saying is that everyone should be lockstep on every issue? How "conservative" of you.

So the point you made about gay marriage was just a bullshit attempt to see if I was a hypocrite.

Not that I didn't know, I was just being polite.

It's not like any parent is sending thier kid kicking and screaming

And you know this how? I have a couple of gay friends that were forced into therapy when they came out to their parents. One even had to undergo aversion shock treatment.

Parents ARE sending their kids "kicking and screaming".

Tiny needles were stuck into my fingers and I was electrocuted': Victim of Baptist gay conversion therapy describes how he was tortured at 12

creepy

Did he have those people involved arrested?

Forum List

Back