Why do liberals hate freedom?

It's hypocritical to celebrate the banning of guns and supporting gay marriage.

just b/c you support one and not the other...

Really? So what you are saying is that everyone should be lockstep on every issue? How "conservative" of you.

So the point you made about gay marriage was just a bullshit attempt to see if I was a hypocrite.

Not that I didn't know, I was just being polite.

Pretty much...and to point out the hypocrisy of the "state's rights" folk who are applauding NC and damning. CA.

It's not like any parent is sending thier kid kicking and screaming

And you know this how? I have a couple of gay friends that were forced into therapy when they came out to their parents. One even had to undergo aversion shock treatment.

Parents ARE sending their kids "kicking and screaming".

Tiny needles were stuck into my fingers and I was electrocuted': Victim of Baptist gay conversion therapy describes how he was tortured at 12

creepy

Did he have those people involved arrested?

Trying to change the subject? Parents ARE forcing their children into this harmful therapy. CA is trying to stop that practice.

Would you be opposed to legislation that prohibited clitoridectomies on children?

And you know this how? I have a couple of gay friends that were forced into therapy when they came out to their parents. One even had to undergo aversion shock treatment.

Tiny needles were stuck into my fingers and I was electrocuted': Victim of Baptist gay conversion therapy describes how he was tortured at 12

creepy

Trying to change the subject? Parents ARE forcing their children into this harmful therapy. CA is trying to stop that practice.

Would you be opposed to legislation that prohibited clitoridectomies on children?

had to look that up and make sure it was what I thought that was.

boys get snipped at birth, no choice

but that's mutilation

now back to my question; did he or did he not press charges? if he didn't, he's a coward b/c that's happening to other people or he's lying.

I don't like being lied to, no one does.

In any case where harm is done, a crime is committed, no harm, no crime.

creepy

but that's mutilation

now back to my question; did he or did he not press charges? if he didn't, he's a coward b/c that's happening to other people or he's lying.

Reparative therapy causes harm. Telling a child how horrible they are for the feelings they can't help, causes harm. Forcing children into this type of therapy causes harm and it isn't always physical. That is why CA is trying to prohibit parents from FORCING their children into this therapy. They aren't trying to take it away from consenting adults, just not allowing this horrible practice on CHILDREN.

As for the young man in the article, he is now an adult. This happened to him when he was 12. You can't press charges when you're 12.

but that's mutilation

Reparative therapy causes harm. Telling a child how horrible they are for the feelings they can't help, causes harm. Forcing children into this type of therapy causes harm and it isn't always physical. That is why CA is trying to prohibit parents from FORCING their children into this therapy. They aren't trying to take it away from consenting adults, just not allowing this horrible practice on CHILDREN.

As for the young man in the article, he is now an adult. This happened to him when he was 12. You can't press charges when you're 12.

while as a kid, he wouldn't know what to do

he was sent to the hospital many times, hospitals are required to report anything they think is abuse. and that many visits will get the cops on your ass.

now he's an adult and he still hasn't reported anything.

so

he's full of shit, and got his 15 minutes of fame. And you bought it b/c you wanted to.

Look, I know this is very personal for you, and I can't have the same reference. However, you can't tell me what I can and can't do with my child as long as they are not injured.

There has to be a line or it will just keep going until the state decides everything.

but that's mutilation

he was sent to the hospital many times, hospitals are required to report anything they think is abuse. and that many visits will get the cops on your ass.

so

he's full of shit, and got his 15 minutes of fame. And you bought it b/c you wanted to.

Look, I know this is very personal for you, and I can't have the same reference. However, you can't tell me what I can and can't do with my child as long as they are not injured.

There has to be a line or it will just keep going until the state decides everything.

if i sent a child for "therapy" telling them they were possessed by the devil and that they were evil, you'd agree that it was psychologically damaging to the child.... these purported therapies are no less damaging.

People aren't allowed to peddle a lot of things to children. It's what we do for them.

so

if i sent a child for "therapy" telling them they were possessed by the devil and that they were evil, you'd agree that it was psychologically damaging to the child.... these purported therapies are no less damaging.

People aren't allowed to peddle a lot of things to children. It's what we do for them.

ok

What rights do you want to leave parents?

you don't want them picking schools
the classes they get at school
no disciplining of any kind, cuz it could cause harm
no drinking, even around other parents
no smoking
no etc, etc

so what do you leave the parents? other than costs

and just so everyone understands, anyone puts needles in my kid, is a dead muther fukker.

but since it seems to have not occurred...

so

abuse is not therapy, that's where the parents need to step in and ensure the childs safety. failure is a crime.

Two thumbs thinks that freedom means you can do any thing you believe is ok, no matter what science says. If someone believes it, they should be free to do it to their children.

The right to be an informed consumer? Country of origin marking on all food products?

Yeah, why won't your corporate overlords tell me which products are GMO so that I can avoid them? Why aren't they REQUIRED to tell us when they ship us tainted meat and veggies and which store sells them? Why are they being so secretive about fracking and terminator seeds that they want to turn loose in nature? Do you really think selling this country off entirely to corporations will net you your precious "freedom"? If so, you are dumber than a box of rocks.

Last edited:
The right to be an informed consumer? Country of origin marking on all food products?

Yeah, why won't your corporate overlords tell me which products are GMO so that I can avoid them? Why aren't they REQUIRED to tell us when they ship us tainted meat and veggies and which store sells them? Why are they being so secretive about fracking and terminator seeds that they want to turn loose in nature? Do you really think selling this country off entirely to corporations will net you your precious "freedom"? If so, you are dumber than a box of rocks.

You're WAY off topic.

Here's your box, go find your own rocks.

It's not like any parent is sending thier kid kicking and screaming

creepy

Why is it creepy? It was his parents' will. We wouldn't want to infringe on that, would we?

but that's mutilation

so

Statute of Limitations, hello? Moron.

Child abuse is child abuse. If it happened, it should be acted on, and the people involved should go to jail.

That isn't to say that his case is representative of the therapy, anymore than one homosexual pedophile means all homosexuals are pedophiles and should be banned....

creepy

Why is it creepy? It was his parents' will. We wouldn't want to infringe on that, would we?
If it was true, and it seems it wasnt, that's abuse.

no grey area

Forum List

Back