Why do liberals hate freedom?

search any of those and you will find they have all been panned.

hell, even the Mayo clinic fucks it up.

It's a shit reason to remove more rights.

You don't have a "right" to offer damaging quack therapies to kids simply because their parents are foolish enough to pay for it.

You don't have to the right to tell them they can't.

Should "therapists" have the "freedom" to continue to perform lobotomies and shock treatments? Should the FDA be able to ban drugs that are harmful to people?

Reparative therapy (which has a less than 2% success rate) causes much more harm than good. I'm glad to see California banning such a dangerous practice.

I guess you must be in favour of banning cosmetic surgery too then?

Just for playing "false equivalences" today, you get this Brazilian Power Crystal!

628x471.jpg

Should "therapists" have the "freedom" to continue to perform lobotomies and shock treatments? Should the FDA be able to ban drugs that are harmful to people? .... Seawytch

:eusa_whistle:

The ACTUAL professionals have all condemned reparative therapy. The American Academy of Pediatrics, The American Psychiatric Association, The American Psychological Association, The American Counseling Association and the National Association of Social Workers have all condemned "conversion therapy".

Indeed.

Not to the extent of the group known as NARTH. Their "research" has been debunked time and again by all the major medical and psychological health organizations (all of which condemn reparative therapy). Conversion therapy is a dangerous practice that has led to suicide in young "converts". I hope California bans the practice and other states follow suit.

California may ban gay teen 'conversion' therapy - Yahoo! News

Representatives of the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality on Tuesday called the bill a piece of social engineering masquerading as a solution to a clinical problem.

"Any therapist worth his salt knows that homosexual feelings commonly occur in victims as a result of abuses," he said. "I ought to know because I was one of those boys."

liberals, why do you hate freedom and the rights of parents?

Even when professionals tell you you're wrong and will do harm, you don't give a fuck.

DAMN a twofer.

Hes pissing off gays and Science all in one fell swoop

Not to the extent of the group known as NARTH. Their "research" has been debunked time and again by all the major medical and psychological health organizations (all of which condemn reparative therapy). Conversion therapy is a dangerous practice that has led to suicide in young "converts". I hope California bans the practice and other states follow suit.

How many?

whats the rate compared the the general public and homosexuals specifically?

I keep hearing that vague reference, so you will excuse me if I'm not convinced.

Still, CA has no right to prevent parents from trying.

Representatives of the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality on Tuesday called the bill a piece of social engineering masquerading as a solution to a clinical problem.

"Any therapist worth his salt knows that homosexual feelings commonly occur in victims as a result of abuses," he said. "I ought to know because I was one of those boys."

Even when professionals tell you you're wrong and will do harm, you don't give a fuck.

DAMN a twofer.

Hes pissing off gays and Science all in one fell swoop

no, I'm not.

I'm standing up for the rights of parents and homosexuals that want to get that therapy.

as a liberal, I know you can't grasp what rights and freedoms are, but do try.

Just for playing "false equivalences" today, you get this Brazilian Power Crystal!

628x471.jpg

Should "therapists" have the "freedom" to continue to perform lobotomies and shock treatments? Should the FDA be able to ban drugs that are harmful to people? .... Seawytch

Do you have a point? Are you trying to equate a boob job with a lobotomy?

628x471.jpg

It's surgery

cosmetic surgery can change an entire person, not just boobs.

My point was, cutting out the brain is not the same as trying to cure someone of being gay, let alone a persons right to try to be cured.

It's surgery

cosmetic surgery can change an entire person, not just boobs.

My point was, cutting out the brain is not the same as trying to cure someone of being gay, let alone a persons right to try to be cured.

You can't cure someone of being gay. It's not a disease and it has no "cure". Reparative therapy hurts people, it doesn't help them.

There is no published scientific evidence supporting the efficacy of “reparative therapy” as a treatment to change one’s sexual orientation, nor is it included in the APA’s Task Force Report, Treatments of Psychiatric Disorders. More importantly, altering sexual orientation is not an appropriate goal of psychiatric treatment. Some may seek conversion to heterosexuality because of the difficulties that they encounter as a member of a stigmatized group. Clinical experience indicates that those who have integrated their sexual orientation into a positive sense of self-function at a healthier psychological level than those who have not. “Gay affirmative psychotherapy” may be helpful in the coming out process, fostering a positive psychological development and overcoming the effects of stigmatization. A position statement adopted by the Board in December 1998 said:

"The American Psychiatric Association opposes any psychiatric treatment, such as “reparative” or “conversion” therapy, which is based upon the assumption that homosexuality per se is a mental disorder, or based upon a prior assumption that the patient should change his/ her homosexual orientation.”

Sexual Orientation

Oh, and CA is not prohibiting CONSENSUAL "conversion" therapy...

If approved by lawmakers and signed into law, the measure would permit lawsuits and damages against therapy professionals who provide the treatment to minors or to adults who have not given written consent.

Bill would ban therapy to 'convert' gay youths

So you can stop your "they are taking away my freedoms" hyperbole.

If approved by lawmakers and signed into law, the measure would permit lawsuits and damages against therapy professionals who provide the treatment to minors or to adults who have not given written consent.

Horseshit

It clearly says that parents WONT be able to take their kids.

Any adults will have to be frightened by fear mongering before they can even try.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSIX9q_rqB8]The Campaign - Political Ad [Trailer] (Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis) - YouTube[/ame]

Should "therapists" have the "freedom" to continue to perform lobotomies and shock treatments? Should the FDA be able to ban drugs that are harmful to people?

Reparative therapy (which has a less than 2% success rate) causes much more harm than good. I'm glad to see California banning such a dangerous practice.

628x471.jpg

Nicely hypocritical.

Horseshit

It clearly says that parents WONT be able to take their kids.

Any adults will have to be frightened by fear mongering before they can even try.

Yes, that is the point. It must be consensual. A parent cannot force their child into this harmful "therapy". If an adult wants to go through it, they can. You can stop freaking out about all the "freedom" you think you are being denied if CA passes a law saying that parents can't force their children into harmful therapy.

You don't have a "right" to offer damaging quack therapies to kids simply because their parents are foolish enough to pay for it.

You don't have to the right to tell them they can't.

Aparently the State of California thinks it has that right! That is to ban quack therapies that cause more harm than good. :eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSIX9q_rqB8]The Campaign - Political Ad [Trailer] (Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis) - YouTube[/ame]

The video is what the OP sounds like. "Why do liberals hate freedom?" :lol:

Btw do you expect some other opinion from a group called National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality :lol:

It's not liberals who want police women's vaginas.

yeeahh

Just free speech
right to privacy
right to bear arms
right to raise your kids
right to self bargin at work
right to buy or not products

and so on and so forth....

Uh, do you have examples?

At least you admit Republicans want to police women's vaginas.

Forum List

Back