What Makes Trump Think That Way?

I repeat...

Oh, fuck you....Your team lies to you all day every day and you couldn't care less.

Hacks gonna hack.
The liberal shit stains rallied around Adam Schiff yesterday and PRAISED HIM for lying his ass off!!!! So the OP has absolutely ZERO credibility on this issue.

Normal, educated people listen to Trump lie repeatedly and wonder what the hell is wrong with the guy. How can someone lie so prolifically? A few educated professionals whose job it is to understand aberrant behavior weigh in.

To the Editor:

Donald Trump never apologizes, acknowledges a mistake or appears to reflect on his role in the creation of his recurrent difficulties.

As a practicing mental health professional for over 40 years, I believe that people can change, but I also know it is often difficult and painful work, sometimes requiring a therapist to help illuminate why one keeps finding oneself in the same kind of quandary.

This is the central problem that other mental health experts and I addressed in our 2017 book “The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump” and is what makes him unfit to hold high office. He has to be right, never needs to learn from his mistakes, and must protect his inflated and fragile self-image above all else, including the nation’s security.

He is always the victim, never having had a hand in the creation of his own dilemmas.

Leonard L. Glass
Newton, Mass.

The writer is an associate professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.

To the Editor:

Efforts to find a “logical” or even minimally reasonable explanation for human behavior tend to run into a stone wall, especially when the behavior clearly defies ordinary logic. Donald Trump’s handling of classified documents and his response to government efforts to reclaim them arguably fall within this category.

I would suggest a different approach: a consideration of what might be going on deeper inside Mr. Trump psychologically, below the realm of logic and conscious reason.

Think of a child’s beloved stuffed animals, commonly known in psychoanalytic terminology as “transitional objects.” In theory, the transitional object provides a child with a fantasied connection to the safety provided by the “mother” that is increasingly threatened as normal development and separation occur.

However, transitional objects may also serve perverse or negative functions, such as maintaining the fantasy of unlimited, grandiose power. And the need for that imagined power may be seen as an attempt to counter deep feelings of weakness and vulnerability.

Mr. Trump’s behavior in protecting his transitional objects (in this case the documents) shows all the characteristics of a child’s response when the beloved stuffed animal is lost or taken away. Anxiety and rage are almost instantaneous. Desperate attempts to retain or restore the transitional objects follow. It may be helpful to reconsider Mr. Trump’s behavior as primitive, regressive and best understood outside the parameters of adult thinking.

Priscilla F. Kauff
New York

The writer is a clinical professor of psychology in psychiatry at Weill Medical College.

And when exactly did either of these hacks examine Trump in person?

And when exactly did either of these hacks examine Trump in person?
No has has to examine Trump, just listen to any comments he makes, he is retarded.

Donald Trump says China respects his 'very large brain'​

1688722068808.png
BBC
https://www.bbc.com › world-us-canada-45664690

Beijing has stoutly denied interfering, but is yet to comment on another of Mr Trump's claims - that China is concerned about the size of his brain. Subsection.

President Trump Suggests 'Injecting' Disinfectant as ...​

1688722194417.png
YouTube
https://www.youtube.com › watch

Apr 23, 2020 — During a press conference on Thursday, President Donald Trump asked that the White House coronavirus task force investigate whether a ...

No has has to examine Trump, just listen to any comments he makes, he is retarded.

Donald Trump says China respects his 'very large brain'

View attachment 802181
BBC
https://www.bbc.com › world-us-canada-45664690
Beijing has stoutly denied interfering, but is yet to comment on another of Mr Trump's claims - that China is concerned about the size of his brain. Subsection.

President Trump Suggests 'Injecting' Disinfectant as ...

View attachment 802182
YouTube
https://www.youtube.com › watch
Apr 23, 2020 — During a press conference on Thursday, President Donald Trump asked that the White House coronavirus task force investigate whether a ...

Someone should examine you people…Jesus.

Normal, educated people listen to Trump lie repeatedly and wonder what the hell is wrong with the guy. How can someone lie so prolifically? A few educated professionals whose job it is to understand aberrant behavior weigh in.
You have TDS. Boy this psychoanalysis thing is easy.

Last edited:
He's mentally ill, and he's profoundly needy. He has to lie with this kind of frequency to support his neediness. I think I can safely say that no one here has ever seen an adult who behaves like this. Or, for that matter, a CHILD who behaves like this.

But the same fact applies: This disaster isn't about him. He's just one person. For example, when I bring up his awful qualities and behaviors, the actual context is how in the world so many people can be so drawn to him? What does that say about us as a society?

Obviously, he's an easy target. But more importantly, he's a pretty fuckin' important symptom. We just have to figure out the disease and the cure before it's too late.

He's mentally ill, and he's profoundly needy. He has to lie with this kind of frequency to support his neediness. I think I can safely say that no one here has ever seen an adult who behaves like this. Or, for that matter, a CHILD who behaves like this.
This reads like self introspection from you....

Forum List

Back