Why Do Democrats Oppose Voter ID?

There is no logical reason to oppose Voter ID. The only reason to oppose it would be if you're trying to rig Elections. That's the reality. Period, end of story.

the answer to the OP is simple. Voter ID makes voter fraud much more difficult.

And there it is. Just as I said.

You can show these dolts over and over and over and over that every single example of voter fraud they have cough up over the years could not be stopped or prevented by Voter ID, and yet they continue to say "Voter ID makes voter fraud much more difficult".

Jesus H. Christ!
Without the requirement that you present a valid ID at the poll, how does the state verify that you are who you claim to be?

Common sense. It is what it is. Thanks.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
1) I think that forcing people to produce a picture ID will NOT eliminate voter fraud or even curtail it.
Damn, you got us. I mean if you think that, then that's it. The matter is settled, we can't ask people to prove they are who they say they are.

2) It will mostly serve to reduce the amount of voters who would normally vote democrat, thus giving me great pause as to the actual motivations central to this issue.
3) I believe that most dems have taken up this issue because they understand that it is being used as a tool by the right to shrink the dem voter base.
I thought Democrats were supposed to be the smarter, more sophisticated and better educated voters. Now you're the ones who don't have an ID?

1) I think that forcing people to produce a picture ID will NOT eliminate voter fraud or even curtail it.
Damn, you got us. I mean if you think that, then that's it. The matter is settled, we can't ask people to prove they are who they say they are.

2) It will mostly serve to reduce the amount of voters who would normally vote democrat, thus giving me great pause as to the actual motivations central to this issue.
3) I believe that most dems have taken up this issue because they understand that it is being used as a tool by the right to shrink the dem voter base.
I thought Democrats were supposed to be the smarter, more sophisticated and better educated voters. Now you're the ones who don't have an ID?
He's talking about the poor and unfortunate, all of whom need some sort of ID to receive the public assistance bestowed upon them by their Dem benefactors.

Having a valid form of ID is a way of life. It's required in many facets of our lives. Opposing Voter ID doesn't make any sense. Unless you're trying to rig Elections.

You can show these dolts over and over and over and over that every single example of voter fraud they have cough up over the years could not be stopped or prevented by Voter ID, and yet they continue to say "Voter ID makes voter fraud much more difficult".

Jesus H. Christ!

Voter ID does make vote fraud more difficult. So what if there haven't been many proven cases? Are you saying that fraud is OK as long as there isn't much of it? many elections have been decided by very few votes.

Who exactly is impacted by having to prove who they are before voting? They had to do that when they registered to vote. Whats wrong with provideing the same proof at the polling place?

Having a valid form of ID is a way of life. It's required in many facets of our lives. Opposing Voter ID doesn't make any sense. Unless you're trying to rig Elections.

It only makes sense if you can prevent an actual REAL problem.

If you are doing it just to do it, you are a dumb-ass who is wasting resources, better spent on something else.

Voter ID does make vote fraud more difficult. So what if there haven't been many proven cases? Are you saying that fraud is OK as long as there isn't much of it? many elections have been decided by very few votes.

Who exactly is impacted by having to prove who they are before voting? They had to do that when they registered to vote. Whats wrong with provideing the same proof at the polling place?

Anything you throw MY money at had better have a good reason behind it.

You want to waste money in order to make a statement? Screw that.

^^^^ Another emoting expert.

Great how you can dismiss and argument so easily out of hand.

"It SOUNDS dumb, so it must be!!!"

Incorrect. The state has a compelling interest to protect the rights of the voters; this interest exists independent of any demonstrated threat to same.
I ask again: Absent a state issued photo ID, how does the state verify that you are who you say you are when you show up to the poll to vote?

The Courts have ruled that Blacks are simply too uneducated and inferior to burden any requirement to have in their possession any form of photo ID. In the year 2014, Blacks have yet to progress enough up the evolutionary ladder to be expected to be able to either know who they are or to produce evidence as to whom they are.

Jesus H. Christ!
Without the requirement that you present a valid ID at the poll, how does the state verify that you are who you claim to be?

Common sense Verifies the Identity of someone that you don't know?

ROFLMNAO! Sweet MOTHER that's absurd.

Jesus H. Christ!

The Courts have ruled that Blacks are simply too uneducated and inferior to burden any requirement to have in their possession any form of photo ID. In the year 2014, Blacks have yet to progress enough up the evolutionary ladder to be expected to be able to either know who they are or to produce evidence as to whom they are.

Seems a little short sighted. So... yep. That is clearly the position of the Ideological Left... EUGENICS LIVES!

Anything you throw MY money at had better have a good reason behind it.

You want to waste money in order to make a statement? Screw that.

there is no cost for voter ID. The voter has to prove who they are when they register to vote, showing the same proof at th polling place costs nothing.

If you are doing it just to do it, you are a dumb-ass who is wasting resources, better spent on something else.

There is no reason to fear Voter ID. Unless you're trying to rig Elections. Showing a valid form of ID is a common sense requirement. Just think about why you're required to show a valid form of ID in so many other aspects of your life. It is a reasonable requirement.

Incorrect. The state has a compelling interest to protect the rights of the voters; this interest exists independent of any demonstrated threat to same.
I ask again: Absent a state issued photo ID, how does the state verify that you are who you say you are when you show up to the poll to vote?

Well said. There is no reason to fear Voter ID. It is a reasonable requirement. Just as it is in so many other aspects of our lives.

Jesus H. Christ!

Why are you required to show a valid form of ID in so many aspects of your life? Think about that for a bit and then get back to us.

Jesus H. Christ!

Why are you required to show a valid form of ID in so many aspects of your life? Think about that for a bit and then get back to us.

the libs have left the building-------------------------------

There is no reason to fear Voter ID. Unless you're trying to rig Elections. Showing a valid form of ID is a common sense requirement. Just think about why you're required to show a valid form of ID in so many other aspects of your life. It is a reasonable requirement.

Well, if it is NOT going to fix a legitimate problem, then, there is a reason to not implement it -- It's called wasting money.

In government, wasted money means life or death to people who need this cash for something important.

It's an UNREASONABLE infringement upon my privacy.

Forum List

Back