Why Do Democrats Oppose Voter ID?

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
An interesting dissection of what is really behind the Democrats obsession with voter ID's!

Lots of folks think Democrats oppose voter ID laws because they want to cheat and such laws interfere with their plans. That’s an attractive explanation, but it ignores the far more complex architecture of voter ID opposition. Here’s the real reasons Democrats oppose voter ID. Understanding these three reasons will help you decode the whole narrative behind voter ID. 1. Opposition to Voter ID Is a Base-Mobilization Tool. Simply, Democrats and civil rights groups spend millions of dollars opposing voter ID because they are trying to scare minority voters into thinking that Jim Crow is back. If Jim Crow is...

The PJ Tatler Why Do Democrats Oppose Voter ID

1) I think that forcing people to produce a picture ID will NOT eliminate voter fraud or even curtail it.

2) It will mostly serve to reduce the amount of voters who would normally vote democrat, thus giving me great pause as to the actual motivations central to this issue.

3) I believe that most dems have taken up this issue because they understand that it is being used as a tool by the right to shrink the dem voter base.

Think of requiring voter ID as a JOBS builder.

Tens of thousands of photographers, printers and laminators labouring mightily to produce sufficient false ID of quality up to the task of getting hundreds of thousands of illegals past diligent poll workers.

If there are any.

Diligent poll workers, that is.

1) I think that forcing people to produce a picture ID will NOT eliminate voter fraud or even curtail it.

2) It will mostly serve to reduce the amount of voters who would normally vote democrat, thus giving me great pause as to the actual motivations central to this issue.

3) I believe that most dems have taken up this issue because they understand that it is being used as a tool by the right to shrink the dem voter base.

Sure doesn't seem to deter anyone from buying smokes or booze, applying for welfare and food stamps, driving cars, cashing checks, or anything else that requires ID.

Funny how bed wetters don't decry the voting laws of Mexico, which requires a specific ID Card to vote not just any old picture ID.

If Democrats were genuinely concerned about the rights of people with non state issued ID, they would not limit the cause to fighting voter ID. For starters, they would lift the requirement of ID for access to government buildings and air travel. Why they might want to lift the ID requirement for access into the Democrat National Convention.

• Banned
jpd2lf.jpg

"Why Do Democrats Oppose Voter ID?"

Because there's no objective, documented evidence that voter fraud by identity exists to the extent that the outcome of any election was changed.

Because voters provide identification when they register to vote, where to require voters to 'prove' who they are at every election absent evidence that a given voter is indeed attempting to commit fraud, assumes the voter is 'guilty' and must prove himself innocent. That's not how our legal system works.

And because of the above, voter ID laws manifest an undue burden to the fundamental right to vote, as the state has failed to meet its requirement to justify placing restrictions on that right, rendering voter ID laws invalid and un-Constitutional.

Because there's no objective, documented evidence that voter fraud by identity exists to the extent that the outcome of any election was changed.

Because voters provide identification when they register to vote, where to require voters to 'prove' who they are at every election absent evidence that a given voter is indeed attempting to commit fraud, assumes the voter is 'guilty' and must prove himself innocent. That's not how our legal system works.

And because of the above, voter ID laws manifest an undue burden to the fundamental right to vote, as the state has failed to meet its requirement to justify placing restrictions on that right, rendering voter ID laws invalid and un-Constitutional.

BULLSHIT

Oh My Audit Finds Evidence of Widespread Voter Fraud in North Carolina - Guy Benson

WikiLeaks: Indian politicians 'bought votes with cash tucked inside newspapers'
Indian political leaders admitted widespread electoral corruption and told American diplomats how they had bought votes with cash tucked inside morning newspapers, according to cables disclosed by WikiLeaks.

Yup, that voter ID stuff is FOOLproof.

Yet it's not an undue burden on the right to bear arms?

It will mostly serve to reduce the amount of voters who would normally vote democrat,

How will it do that?

BULLSHIT

Oh My Audit Finds Evidence of Widespread Voter Fraud in North Carolina - Guy Benson

CATSHIT!!!

That article is a CRAP SANDWICH.

Townhall.com? OK.

LOL!

It will mostly serve to reduce the amount of voters who would normally vote democrat,

How will it do that?

Thank you for the question.

People who don't drive (like poor people) generally don't even have an ID.

Blacks and Hispanics, other minorities and disabled or homeless people would not be permitted to vote.

How will it do that?

Because you'll actually have to be alive to vote.

BULLSHIT

CATSHIT!!!

That article is a CRAP SANDWICH.

Townhall.com? OK.

LOL!

Yes, we see you can't or won't respond to those allegations!

Forum List

Back