Why Do Democrats Oppose Voter ID?

Dems seem to think following rules and being logical is discriminatory and would alienate their voter base. Being that poor, needy, dependent, weak people that burden society need a reason to excuse their existence, liberals take up that cross and champion the losers and liars, frauds and cheats. They may not be able to weaken society even more by not being able to vote for Democrats.

Democrats oppose verifying their identity in order to assure the integrity of the election, because their intention is to defraud the election.

Such is the nature of evil.

What??? You have proof of this, of course?
Logic speak there sunshine.
Pretty simple. If one opposes the integrity of the process one can logically conclude the opposition has no interest in maintaining that integrity.
This is an "either or" proposition. You can't get a little bit pregnant.

Democrats oppose verifying their identity in order to assure the integrity of the election, because their intention is to defraud the election.

Such is the nature of evil.

Are you capable of grasping the absurdity of someone going through the elaborate process of registering under a false identity all for the sake of casting one extra vote?
Not elaborate at all. IN states with no ID laws, all one has to do is walk into a precinct not their own, give a name and they are handed a provisional ballot. In most states provisional ballots are assumed to be valid and are counted.
VOTER FRAUD N.C. Democrat admits he 8217 s voted 4 times already and will vote again on election day The Right Scoop -
Did Obama supporter vote 6 times in 2012 Ohio poll worker target of investigation Fox News

Seattle man admits to voter fraud intimidation in Palm Beach County - wptv.com
FBI mdash Seattle Man Pleads Guilty to Voter Intimidation and Identification Fraud for Letters Sent to Florida Residents in Conjunction with the 2012 Federal Elections

The myth of 'voter fraud':

“Because voter fraud is essentially irrational, it is not surprising that no credible evidence suggests a voter fraud epidemic. There is no documented wave or trend of individuals voting multiple times, voting as someone else, or voting despite knowing that they are ineligible. Indeed, evidence from the microscopically scrutinized 2004 gubernatorial election in Washington State actually reveals just the opposite: though voter fraud does happen, it happens approximately 0.0009% of the time. The similarly closely-analyzed 2004 election in Ohio revealed a voter fraud rate of 0.00004%. National Weather Service data shows that Americans are struck and killed by lightning about as often.”

Policy Brief on the Truth About Voter Fraud Brennan Center for Justice

Consequently, there is no rational, factual basis to justify voter ID laws; and democrats correctly and appropriately oppose voter ID laws because they are indeed irrational and devoid of facts or evidence in support of them.

Well shit then, let's line up all those Central American illegals, and get them into those booths quick as the Democrats can!

Conservatives are always crowing about their devotion to the original intent of the founders...

...what did the founders say about the requirement of photo ID?
Wise ass.....There was no such thing as photography in the 18th century.

Then there it must have been impossible for democracy to function.

Oh, btw, do you realize that in order to obtain a photo ID, you only need provide ID that isn't a photo ID?

Conservatives are always crowing about their devotion to the original intent of the founders...

...what did the founders say about the requirement of photo ID?
Wise ass.....There was no such thing as photography in the 18th century.

Oh, so now you admit that conditions and circumstances were so different in the 18th century that we ought not be foolish enough to be slavishly running to the guys of the 18th century who happened to found this country as if they have godlike powers to decide how things run in the 21 st century.

You're finally catching on .

By his own law, he would have been disenfranchised, for that election, if not for an amendment offered by Wendy Davis, who was also blocked from voting, that would allow other documents as proof that the different names applied to the same people,

My 94 year old mother, who has voted
republican in every election since WWII, was blocked from voting by this law, even though the local election judge knew her quite well.

Her amendment allowed a person to sign an affidavit to verify their identity. Which is all your dear old Mother had to do to vote.

Pretty much the same thing (sign an affidavit) that would allow homeless people to vote.

Oh, the horror ....

In Texas homeless people do not need to live in a shelter to register to vote, they can be living on the street. No mailing address is required.

I believe Texas got that part right.

I don't have any problems with voter IDs - photo or otherwise. But I think they should be free and easily obtainable for all classes of citizens - even the homeless.

They are absolutely free here in Texas and I assume the same is in every state that requires them.

Seriously how many people do you know personally that does not have some form of photo ID?
In your own state college photo id's are not accepted, yet concealed carry permits are. Pretty obvious who the preferred voting group is, don't you think? Seriously

Yes well like everything in life, you do have to put forth some effort.

Your rights are inalienable. You do not have to earn them. If you want to infringe on them, you must show evidence it is necessary to do so. In this, you Voter ID tards have not only utterly failed, you have actually provided proof Voter ID is ineffective. :laugh:

No one is taking your right to vote away. But no one is responsible to get your silly ass to the voting booth but you.

BTW a person can be stripped of their voting rights ask any convicted felon.
And here's the reason why:

In 1901 Virginia state Delegate Carter Glass said, "This plan will eliminate the darky as a political factor in this state in less than five years."

Allow me to repeat myself - that is not the only way to verify voting qualifications. And since there are other - less restrictive ways - then disqualifying a person from voting because they are homeless is not a legitimate restriction on voting rights.

For example a person can register in one, and only one, precinct and only be allowed to vote in the precinct they register in.

Homeless man: "I usually sleep under the bridge at 57th and 14th streets.
Election official: "Ok, that's precinct 98. That is your voting precinct and you'll vote at the King Community Center on 58th. You know where that is? Now, we're going to print your voter registration/voter ID (with photo). It will take about 15 minutes."

Too many people have fought and died to secure the right to vote for all Americans for us to just piss that away for no legitimate reason.

I disagree. I think a person should EARN the right to vote. Would I make "have a home" a requirement? No, but for sure most homeless wouldn't meet my requirements.

Would love to see the criteria you would use. Would you require membership in Stormfront, or some such right/white wing club?

what is StormFront?

and for the record, I'm fairly central , left leaning if anything.

No, my voting test would be fairly simple 10 questions or so to test that the person had at least a little knowledge of what is was they were voting on.

For instance, if you can't name BOTH candidates on both the Dem and the Rep ticket for President off the top of your head, you don't need to vote.

If you can't name one of your State Senators, you don't get to vote.

If you can't locate your state on a US map that isn't labeled, you don't get to vote.

If given a list of 4 political stances from each candidate then asked which stances you support then asked which candidate you support and you support the candidate who has the opposite stances of the ones you said you support, you don't get to vote.

If you were on welfare for more than a year since the last general election, you don't get to vote.

As examples.

An interesting dissection of what is really behind the Democrats obsession with voter ID's!

Lots of folks think Democrats oppose voter ID laws because they want to cheat and such laws interfere with their plans. That’s an attractive explanation, but it ignores the far more complex architecture of voter ID opposition. Here’s the real reasons Democrats oppose voter ID. Understanding these three reasons will help you decode the whole narrative behind voter ID. 1. Opposition to Voter ID Is a Base-Mobilization Tool. Simply, Democrats and civil rights groups spend millions of dollars opposing voter ID because they are trying to scare minority voters into thinking that Jim Crow is back. If Jim Crow is...

The PJ Tatler Why Do Democrats Oppose Voter ID

If Voter ID or some other authentication medium is used, then Democrats lose votes among illegals and dead people.

Allow me to repeat myself - that is not the only way to verify voting qualifications. And since there are other - less restrictive ways - then disqualifying a person from voting because they are homeless is not a legitimate restriction on voting rights.

For example a person can register in one, and only one, precinct and only be allowed to vote in the precinct they register in.

Homeless man: "I usually sleep under the bridge at 57th and 14th streets.
Election official: "Ok, that's precinct 98. That is your voting precinct and you'll vote at the King Community Center on 58th. You know where that is? Now, we're going to print your voter registration/voter ID (with photo). It will take about 15 minutes."

Too many people have fought and died to secure the right to vote for all Americans for us to just piss that away for no legitimate reason.

I disagree. I think a person should EARN the right to vote. Would I make "have a home" a requirement? No, but for sure most homeless wouldn't meet my requirements.

Would love to see the criteria you would use. Would you require membership in Stormfront, or some such right/white wing club?

what is StormFront?

and for the record, I'm fairly central , left leaning if anything.

No, my voting test would be fairly simple 10 questions or so to test that the person had at least a little knowledge of what is was they were voting on.

For instance, if you can't name BOTH candidates on both the Dem and the Rep ticket for President off the top of your head, you don't need to vote.

If you can't name one of your State Senators, you don't get to vote.

If you can't locate your state on a US map that isn't labeled, you don't get to vote.

If given a list of 4 political stances from each candidate then asked which stances you support then asked which candidate you support and you support the candidate who has the opposite stances of the ones you said you support, you don't get to vote.

If you were on welfare for more than a year since the last general election, you don't get to vote.

As examples.
From that list, I doubt your unfamiliarity with stormfront, and I would add freeper, and Hannity to it.

1) I think that forcing people to produce a picture ID will NOT eliminate voter fraud or even curtail it.

2) It will mostly serve to reduce the amount of voters who would normally vote democrat, thus giving me great pause as to the actual motivations central to this issue.

3) I believe that most dems have taken up this issue because they understand that it is being used as a tool by the right to shrink the dem voter base.

It will mostly serve to reduce the amount of voters who would normally vote democrat,

How will it do that?

Because you'll actually have to be alive to vote.

So, how many "dead people" have actually voted???

I'm going with NONE! :biggrin:
You would be INCORRECT..As usual, libs FAIL
More Than 200 Dead People Shown to Have Voted in NY County Elections Report NBC New York

1) I think that forcing people to produce a picture ID will NOT eliminate voter fraud or even curtail it.

2) It will mostly serve to reduce the amount of voters who would normally vote democrat, thus giving me great pause as to the actual motivations central to this issue.

3) I believe that most dems have taken up this issue because they understand that it is being used as a tool by the right to shrink the dem voter base.

It will mostly serve to reduce the amount of voters who would normally vote democrat,

How will it do that?

More Than 200 Dead People Shown to Have Voted in NY County Elections Report NBC New York

And did you read your link?

Investigators tell the paper they don't consider the discrepancy fraudulent; the number of votes attributed to deceased voters is too small and their votes are spread out over more than two dozen elections.
County elections commissioner Bill Biamonte said simple clerical errors make it seem as if the dead are voting. For example, a person voting could accidentally sign their name next to a dead person's name rather than their own in a poll registry book.

"There’s no malice, no evil intentions behind this," said Biamonte."Just election day workers or voters making mistakes."

"If it's a clerical error, it's a clerical error," said John Burwell, whose late mom, Evelyn Burwell, was identified as one of the dead Nassau residents who cast a vote in a recent election. "People make mistakes."

Biamonte said relatives of the deceased need to send something in writing to the county in order for their relations to be removed from voter rolls.

How will it do that?

Investigators tell the paper they don't consider the discrepancy fraudulent; the number of votes attributed to deceased voters is too small and their votes are spread out over more than two dozen elections.
County elections commissioner Bill Biamonte said simple clerical errors make it seem as if the dead are voting. For example, a person voting could accidentally sign their name next to a dead person's name rather than their own in a poll registry book.

"There’s no malice, no evil intentions behind this," said Biamonte."Just election day workers or voters making mistakes."

"If it's a clerical error, it's a clerical error," said John Burwell, whose late mom, Evelyn Burwell, was identified as one of the dead Nassau residents who cast a vote in a recent election. "People make mistakes."

Biamonte said relatives of the deceased need to send something in writing to the county in order for their relations to be removed from voter rolls.

The link that proved your claim was wrong? Yeah, that was great!

WTF are you blabbering about? It's not my link that was posted.

WTF are you blabbering about? It's not my link that was posted.

Some dimwit said, "I'm going with NONE!"

The link proved the dimwit was wrong.

Paul Weyrich: " Our leverage goes up, as the voting population goes down."

I Don t Want Everybody to Vote The Roots of GOP Voter Suppression Right Wing Watch

It's true, Republicans benefit when illegal aliens and dead people are prevented from voting.
That's not what Weyrich is saying. And he started it, being the founder of Heritage and ALEC
Who givers a shit about the opinion of one kook?

Forum List

Back