Why did we stop wearing hats?

Cars.

Men work hats when they walked to work and continued when they used public transportation. Even continued for a while until the little Jap-mobiles took over the American automobile market and one could not wear a hat and drive. Those who tried found them knocked off as they entered and, finally, just left them on the ground and drove over them.

Yes, lower roofs in cars is the best answer.

do you like?

It looks okay, but womens' tastes in fashion has always struck me as just weird. It's like they're masochists who enjoy being publicly humiliated and mocked by homosexual male designers or something.

As for me, I may start a campaign to bring back these for everyday wear. Fedoras are so stale and boring.

220px-Fran%C3%A7ois_Isidore_Darquier_%281770-1812%29.jpg

Bearskin - Wikipedia

Much more manly than those wimpy fedoras.

I wear a Fedora mostly off duty but while at work I wear the aussie bigboy brim hat. Very good for outdoor work. Oily too so it repels the water.
When worn correctly, I think a fedora looks bad ass

JFK didn't wear hats because he looked ridiculous in fedoras and boaters. He would, however, have looked great in a bearskin, and much more Presidential..

JFK didn't wear hats because he looked ridiculous in fedoras and boaters. He would, however, have looked great in a bearskin, and much more Presidential..

LBJ wore cowboy hats and did not wear them well. Reagan looked great in a cowboy hat.
No other modern president looked good in a hat

Ronald_Reagan_with_cowboy_hat_12-0071M_edit.jpg

LBJ wore cowboy hats and did not wear them well. Reagan looked great in a cowboy hat.
No other modern president looked good in a hat

Nothing would have made Johnson look good; his appearance was just not conducive to getting any benefits out of fashion. He was one ugly, wierdly proportioned dude.

Teddy Roosevelt looked good in his Smokey hat, the only President imo who could wear a hat and look good, but only certain hats.

Fedoras and hats in general are not going out of style at all.

My son and I performing. He just finished singing lead on "Happy Together"

20160730_110813_zpskx3fq9fd.jpg

Democrats would still be big on hats if only the manufacturers had put handles on them. Then they'd have been easy to use when their leaders commanded "Go shit in your hat". But they didn't so they aren't.

It started with college students in the 1920s, who didn't wear a hat to distinguish themselves from the conservative and old fashioned men.

Forum List

Back