Why did we stop wearing hats?

I miss all that....I miss it badly....even thou I didn't live through those times....but oh boy.....I miss it...I want to go back.

do I have permission from the OP?

to post what this all means? the fedoras and the caps and the 1920s and 30s and the past? the elegance gone by....bless

thank you Sir

My Panamas

IMG_20160825_084338_zpscaqdqwon.jpg

Hats are the best.....not a fedora here...I'm wearing a faux leopard hat ....it's a vintage model photo..

That brown Akubra Federation is exquisite !!!
Thank you, I love the hat , the feel It is an Open Crown which means I mold the top(crown) in to any shape I wish.

It is a sturdy hat I have traveled over the world with it and it takes a beating and looks new.

I pick them up when I am in Australia, I go a place called Katoomba which is on the top of a mountain and select the hat of my choice.

Wasn't all that many years ago that the guy who kept the books bought himself a really good felt hat. Italian gangster style, it is true, but a very nice one.

Several of us lavishly admired it and he preened.....

Then we pooled some serious bucks and bought four more just like it. Two smaller; two larger than his.

When it was sunny and dry we'd substitute one smaller one for his. If the dryness prevailed we'd substitute the slightly smaller one.

He looked silly as hell with what looked like an upturned flowerpot on the top of his head.

But he understood that good quality felt hats were prone to changes in humidity.

Then when the rains started we'd move him up one size. Then another. Then his own. Then one slightly larger. Finally the realllly big one.

He looked silly as hell with what looked like a chamberpot held up by his ears.

He never did figure it out; we got bored.

Then the same guy bought a VW beetle and bragged about the gas mileage.

Need I continue?

Come on, everyone knows that fedoras instantly went out of fashion for men on Jan, 20 1960 when bare headed baseball cap wearing JFK was inaugurated as president.

Not so. Fedoras always look classy and real men don't worry about fashion trends

I wear a Fedora mostly off duty but while at work I wear the aussie bigboy brim hat. Very good for outdoor work. Oily too so it repels the water.

No not me. Just thought the hat thing was funny.

Forum List

Back