Why did Obama veto the bill allowing 9/11 families to sue Saudi Arabia ?

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Congress did override the bill but James Comey stopped the FBI investigation in 2016-- which had been opened in 2007 after Robert Mueller had shut it down previously....

Now the attorneys AS WELL AS former FBI agents, as for the families are still fighting the Saudi's AND the FBI, unfortunately.

From 2019

From last year....

Everything I said in the opening paragraph is summed up here...

Last edited:
Congress did override the bill but James Comey stopped the FBI investigation-- which had been opened in 2007 after Robert Mueller had stopped it previously.... in 2016.

Now the attornies for the families are still fighting the Saudi's AND the FBI, unfortunately.

From 2019

From last year....

Because the Saudis had nothing to do with 9/11.

Congress did override the bill but James Comey stopped the FBI investigation in 2016-- which had been opened in 2007 after Robert Mueller had shut it down previously....

Now the attorneys AS WELL AS former FBI agents, as for the families are still fighting the Saudi's AND the FBI, unfortunately.

From 2019

From last year....

The sauds like Israels people and the Chinese have a nasty habit of buying off western especially US pols.

Do you always have to fuck with people ?
Are you drunk already or what ?
Are you always posting serious threads in political satire? Are you high on dope or what? I make a joke and you get pissed, why am I not surprised since you be a rightist and it's not funny unless it's a poo-poo bash about Biden.

From 2019

From last year....

we see it all the time--they LOVE criminals and hate hard working/industrious/brave/etc Americans--etc...that's why their culture/policies are crap

Lie.
Listen to the attorney in the 3rd video kids.

Nope. The Saudi revoked OBL's citizenship in 1994 and declared AQ a terrorist organization.. OBL wanted you to blame the Saudis and to start a war between the US and Arabia. I see you knuckledheads are still helping OBL.

Suing a nation for the action of a very small number of people is ridiculous and is a court issue not a government (Congress or President) issue. I guess that is why they wanted to do a bill.

following that logic that the government can be sued, then any mass shooting in the US , should allow victims family the ability to sue the US government or even the gun's manufacturer.

The main reason that will hurt any case is Sovereign immunity.

Sovereign immunity is an act that is a law in the US. Yeah there are exceptions but the question is would the case even meet the exceptions and be allow to proceed.

Forum List

Back