Why did John McCain not resign as Congressman?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
The question begs, you are 234 years old and dying of cancer and on hospice, but you DON'T resign as Congressman?

What gives?

Is John McCain the poster boy for term limits?

Health insurance? I'm not a fan but the poor guy was dying so I cut him some slack on this.

I'm pretty sure that their health insurance is life long whether they retire or not.

Could be wrong though.

If it did expire, I'd be terrified with Obamacare as well.

You know, I started to reply differently, but decided it’s not worth it. Several have done the same.
But it is neither here nor there, now.

When a Senator dies in office, it's traditional to appoint their spouse. This might be the case.

He's not the first, nor the last to do this.

Last edited:
I just hope the media reports are right and Gov. Ducey appoints Cindy McCain to be his replacement the next 2 years.

Personally, I'd like to see Joseph Arpaio appointed to the position, now that he is out of the race for Flake's seat.

I just hope the media reports are right and Gov. Ducey appoints Cindy McCain to be his replacement the next 2 years.

I don't think so, and I'll tell you why. I had heard a couple of months ago that McCain was trying to negotiate his resignation by getting the governor to agree to nominate his wife.

The fact that fell through tells me the governor has other ideas.

The fact that Mrs. McCain is a drug addict who moved in on the senator with an adulterous affair when the first Mrs. McCain was severely injured and disabled, that really doesn't qualify her for high office.

I don't think so, and I'll tell you why. I had heard a couple of months ago that McCain was trying to negotiate his resignation by getting the governor to agree to nominate his wife.

The fact that fell through tells me the governor has other ideas.

The fact that Mrs. McCain is a drug addict who moved in on the senator with an adulterous affair when the first Mrs. McCain was severely injured and disabled, that really doesn't qualify her for high office.

From what I read is, he refused to talk about appointing her while he was still alive and hadn't resigned... so as not to dishonor him.

Spite. He knew that his replacement would be a loyal Republican and get with the program, and wanted to spite President Trump.

Like it or not, McCain was a self-absorbed, petty, spiteful little man to the very end.

Like it or not, the only reason he is hailed as a hero is because he was shot down. Trump was right. As usual.

Because the Budweiser whore wasn't finished voting against every bill benefiting his fellow veterans. There is only one person on this planet that dirigible-cheeks McCain cared about and that was McCain. When you combine his bloodthirsty warmongering with what he did to his first wife, everyone's favorite cocksucking cancer victim was a clinical Psychopath with a capital P. He was every bit as anti-social as Hillary. He was as backstabbing as his neck was wide. It's beautiful that I no longer share an atmosphere with one of the most detestable creature to ever darken the doorsteps of Congress.

Forum List

Back