Internet with bad intentions

Your take on the internet

• Internet employs thought control in favor of progressive ideology, and it's wrong

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Internet employs thought control in favor of progressive ideology, but I like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Internet content is equal conservative and progressive views

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

TheDude

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2016
U.S.A. gone wild
Unless your head is buried in the sand, those running the internet (Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Youtube, etc.) are partisan and weed out conservative views. I know first hand, because Yahoo censors conservative view points. We receive most of our info. from the internet, and they're exercising thought control.

The internet and media are primarily responsible for building the snowflake. From games to Emojis to propaganda, it's taught us how to be soft, how to be a victim, and how to practice intellectual dishonesty.

Your thoughts?

I think the Internet confuses you. Those companies do not run the internet, they are merely windows to the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Okay, let's change it to "windows into the internet".

If you do not like what those windows are showing you go to a different one or make your own window.

Can you teach me how to build a search engine?

I think the Internet confuses you. Those companies do not run the internet, they are merely windows to the internet.

If you do not like what those windows are showing you go to a different one or make your own window.

You can go to school for it, but learning new things is liberal indoctrination to you so that’s not really an option.

Unless your head is buried in the sand, those running the internet (Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Youtube, etc.) are partisan and weed out conservative views. I know first hand, because Yahoo censors conservative view points. We receive most of our info. from the internet, and they're exercising thought control.

The internet and media are primarily responsible for building the snowflake. From games to Emojis to propaganda, it's taught us how to be soft, how to be a victim, and how to practice intellectual dishonesty.

Your thoughts?

I agree. The examples are everywhere. Facebook is a huge offender in the attempts to silence voices on the right and anyone who denies this either dishonest, blind or stupid. Same with those who deny the msm is predominately left wing and biased in favor of the left.

And I think YOU are confused. When were you first on the Internet?

I was using the Internet in 1988 when I worked for a major defense contractor. Had my first email address at that time.

I also developed web sites and was one of only 13,000 web sites in the world in 1995.

So again tell me how the Internet works. Because frankly, the Internet physically is a bunch of servers hanging out in co-location facilities and totally depend on "content" to fill the pipe.

Consequently it is the CONTENT that makes the Internet ...not the wires, computers etc. Without the content there would be NO Internet.

Your thoughts?

There's much, much more to the internet than social media, news and information sites. So, now that I know you don't have a full understanding of what you're prattling about, I won't bother going much further commenting upon the rest of your flawed opinions.

I want to build common emojis so I can be honest with people. For instance, instead of "funny", how about
31EsD6Inq7L.jpg

Or when I'm playing a game, rather than a pop-up that reads "I've got to leave" (i.e., I don't want to hurt your feelings), I'd like one that reads "fuck off you're too slow", stuff like that.

Nope, I cannot not.

I was using the Internet in 1988 when I worked for a major defense contractor. Had my first email address at that time.

I also developed web sites and was one of only 13,000 web sites in the world in 1995.

So again tell me how the Internet works. Because frankly, the Internet physically is a bunch of servers hanging out in co-location facilities and totally depend on "content" to fill the pipe.

Consequently it is the CONTENT that makes the Internet ...not the wires, computers etc. Without the content there would be NO Internet.

I started with local BBSs, was a sysadmin for one in the late 80s. I still remember when we upgraded to 9600s. Been on one version or another of the web since then, to include the SIPRNet.

Yes, the net is the content and sites like google and bing and such are windows to that content. They do not control the content, just what you see through their window. Facebook and twitter are just speciality stores on the net.

The fact you had your own website undermines your claim of the net being blocked. Anyone can have their own page, I had one for years dedicated to the game Civilization.

I started with local BBSs, was a sysadmin for one in the late 80s. I still remember when we upgraded to 9600s. Been on one version or another of the web since then, to include the SIPRNet.

Yes, the net is the content and sites like google and bing and such are windows to that content. They do not control the content, just what you see through their window. Facebook and twitter are just speciality stores on the net.

The fact you had your own website undermines your claim of the net being blocked. Anyone can have their own page, I had one for years dedicated to the game Civilization.

Bolded what's relevant

Your thoughts?
we really just need an infotainment category. no need to be, lousy capitalists.

Bolded what's relevant

If you do not like what their window shows you, find another window.

Your thoughts?

There's much, much more to the internet than social media, news and information sites. So, now that I know you don't have a full understanding of what you're prattling about, I won't bother going much further commenting upon the rest of your flawed opinions.

I'm sure the "prattle" doesn't affect YOUR opinions. But opinions affect polls. Polls affect politicians and politicians pass laws that affect ALL of us in one way or another.
So when the opinions are in line with YOUR opinions no concern.
But my opinion and probably half or more of all Americans' opinions ARE not being represented fairly.
Biased MSM for one. And now we are seeing even searches on Google are biased.
So consequently based on your "prattle" you are pretty happy with the biased opinions that foster biased policies.
I like millions though don't like policies that are not practical. That are unfair. That are down right wrong.
So when I am confronted with the meme "I like 90+million Americans along with Trump are "anti-immigrant" that offends but more importantly IMPACTS my safety.
Fundamentally I don't think you understand how the Motor Voter bill and now the efforts to legalize illegal immigrants is a DEMOCRAT voting mechanism. And that's wrong.
Putting short term gain of votes ahead of Americans future safety is wrong.

So when I do a Google search on Trump Anti-immigrant an nearly 20 million results come up... that is wrong on the part of Google and presents a biased results.
A) Trump's married to a "legal immigrant'.
B) I have relatives that are legal immigrants.
C) 90+ million Americans are like me either have relatives or are Legal immigrants and this effort by Google to bias searches declaring "Trump's anti-immigrant" is WRONG!

Of course he can't, he's just being an obtuse, left-slanted Devil's Advocate.

What you're talking about is a serious problem where Google is concerned, as they do own and run large servers that are integral to the

internet as it is known these days.

I know first hand, because Yahoo censors conservative view points.

It's real easy:
  1. You get control of major hubs of information exchange.
  2. You put yourself in charge of setting standards.
  3. You call anything you disagree with and don't like "Hate Speech."
  4. You then pass your own law banning all hate speech and declare it a "victory for freedom."

Bolded what's relevant

If you do not like what their window shows you, find another window.

Now you do have a point about using Google. I've been so used to it but your suggestion is valid. Maybe BING, etc.
The major problem though is Google is one of :
Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) will carry 71 percent of Internet traffic by 2021. Seventy-one percent of all Internet traffic will cross CDNs by 2021 globally, up from 52 percent in 2016.
The Zettabyte Era: Trends and Analysis

Top 16 Content Delivery Network Providers in 2018
Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 1.11.41 PM.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back