Why did John McCain not resign as Congressman?

The question begs, you are 234 years old and dying of cancer and on hospice, but you DON'T resign as Congressman?

What gives?

Is John McCain the poster boy for term limits?
Yep, He was a major part of the swamp

When a Senator dies in office, it's traditional to appoint their spouse. This might be the case.

Where did you get that idea? When Lautenberg, Byrd, Kennedy and Inouye died in office, their spouses didn't succeed them.
It's happened, and it's probably gonna happen here. Cindy has mentioned it.

We'll see soon enough, but I think that the governor would want to bring in someone that would be electable on their own merits in 2020. Mrs. McCain is seen as a dopehead who really moved in on the husband of a disabled woman. Really sleazy rep.

Further, because of the McCain Family's enmity with President Trump, this doesn't help the state.

The question begs, you are 234 years old and dying of cancer and on hospice, but you DON'T resign as Congressman?

What gives?

Probably because he was a Senator.

I just hope the media reports are right and Gov. Ducey appoints Cindy McCain to be his replacement the next 2 years.
Such bullshit. Political office is not a fucking family inheritance

I don't think Gov. Ducey can afford to alienate President Trump's supporters in this nomination.

I suppose that if Mrs. McCain is committed to being an ally of the Trumpster, it wouldn't hurt the governor is his race.

But if he chooses someone just to "stick it" to the President, he'll be looking for employment in November himself.

What gives?

Well, not to disrail the thread, but how could he resign as a congressman when he was a Senator?

I just hope the media reports are right and Gov. Ducey appoints Cindy McCain to be his replacement the next 2 years.
Such bullshit. Political office is not a fucking family inheritance

I don't think Gov. Ducey can afford to alienate President Trump's supporters in this nomination.

I suppose that if Mrs. McCain is committed to being an ally of the Trumpster, it wouldn't hurt the governor is his race.

But if he chooses someone just to "stick it" to the President, he'll be looking for employment in November himself.
I don't care about all that stupid shit. My post was clear on my opinion

What gives?

He was the poster boy for whatever he needed to be to keep getting sent to Washington. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

What gives?

He hadn't been a Congressman for decades. Since then, he had been a Senator.

Are you wondering why he didn't resign as a Senator? Not sure it really matters. That was his prerogative. I suspect it was for a variety of reasons, to include his health care coverage being tied to his seat.

Health insurance? I'm not a fan but the poor guy was dying so I cut him some slack on this.

I'm pretty sure that their health insurance is life long whether they retire or not.

Could be wrong though.

If it did expire, I'd be terrified with Obamacare as well.

His wife is worth over $100 million, medical expenses weren't an issue.

According to a politico article I read a few days ago they signed a prenup and kept their finances separate their entire lives.

Health insurance? I'm not a fan but the poor guy was dying so I cut him some slack on this.

I'm pretty sure that their health insurance is life long whether they retire or not.

Could be wrong though.

If it did expire, I'd be terrified with Obamacare as well.

His wife is worth over $100 million, medical expenses weren't an issue.

According to a politico article I read a few days ago they signed a prenup and kept their finances separate their entire lives.

That wouldn't make a difference,one spouse is still responsible to take care of medical bills of the other.

Forum List

Back