Why Can't We Elect Presidents of Good Personal Character?

People with good personal character want no part of the Presidency. IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Are you sure?

Their actions speak for themselves. When have you heard a recent President take responsibility for unpopular decisions?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHXq8TRejow]Telling Lies - YouTube[/ame]

Like breaking the law and lying about it?

Yeah..great guy.

That must have been where he said if you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period..... :thup:

The last two I can recall are Truman and Reagan. What the hell are we doing??

What, specifically, is it about those two presidents that leads you to believe they are of good character?

Here is what I would do woodle to answer that question.
If you have Netflix - watch "Mitt"...a documentary that shows the campaign of Mitt Romney.
It isn't really about his campaign, but more of what one goes through in a national campaign.
HELL.
I don't know why anyone would put their families through such a terrible ordeal. Operatives and the media do not just go through your history - but your families history. They find anything they can and throw it out for the whole world to see.
Look at what they did to Sarah Palin. Unforgivable.

People of good personal character generally do not choose careers in politics, and of those rare few that do, none make it to that level. They get weeded out or corrupted long before they get close.

That's just a given, it's the way our "leaders" are going to be.

What I'll never understand is the affection so many have for them, the increasing power and authority they are so willing to bestow upon these people. The "hope" and the faith. Especially when these people claim to be working "in our best interests". It's an insult right to our face, yet so many want more power concentrated with these people.

Inexplicable.

What I'll never understand is the affection so many have for them, the increasing power and authority they are so willing to bestow upon these people. The "hope" and the faith. Especially when these people claim to be working "in our best interests". It's an insult right to our face, yet so many want more power concentrated with these people.

Inexplicable.

No doubt.
I will add however, that this is primarily a Democrat thing.
When Bush II was President, especially in his 2nd term, conservatives were criticizing him left and right. Average people in political forums were all over his immigration failure, the horrendous job he did in the Iraq War, his ignoring economic problems - and finally his initial Wall Street Bail out.
Now let's take Obama. There is a looooooooonnnng litany of failures on virtually every level of his authority.
Crickets from the left.
And when one of them like Kirsten Powers speaks the truth - look at how they react.

Inexplicable.

No doubt.
I will add however, that this is primarily a Democrat thing.
When Bush II was President, especially in his 2nd term, conservatives were criticizing him left and right. Average people in political forums were all over his immigration failure, the horrendous job he did in the Iraq War, his ignoring economic problems - and finally his initial Wall Street Bail out.
Now let's take Obama. There is a looooooooonnnng litany of failures on virtually every level of his authority.
Crickets from the left.
And when one of them like Kirsten Powers speaks the truth - look at how they react.

Well not really.

They were mad about immigration and not much more.

They spent a lot of time defending almost all his other policies.

I personally think his second term was better than the first.

But he spent most of that cleaning up the mess Cheney and the PNAC made.

The last two I can recall are Truman and Reagan. What the hell are we doing??

Really? Are you sure?

I wouldn't put stock in Harry Truman - he was a racist and a mass murderer.

Best two in my lifetime
Jimmy Carter - Great Character - Highly Respectable Man - Poor Leader
Ronald Reagan - Great Character - Highly Respectable Man - Great Leader

Why Can't We Elect Presidents of Good Personal Character?

Possibly because men of good personal character don't seek that kind of power for the sake of it, as an end unto itself?

Correct. People who are socio, or psychopathic tend to gravitate to positions of power. These creatures are generally of few if any moral character, and also portray a disposition of charm, empathy and good intention. They are, of course, none of those things. That's what makes them sociopaths.

At some point we're going to have to come tot he realization that placing any individual into power over our lives will ultimately result in our well being jeopardized instead of enhanced. We have over 100 years of it as observational proof.

People are, in general, ignorant, stupida nd looking for the easy way through anything. Hence when a charming sociopath comes along and gives a good number of folks the warm tinglings, we end up with a disaster on our hands from the very people we put in place to safeguard against such disasters.

Worth noting that all Presidents are clinically mentally ill. Thinking that YOU, from over 300 million other people should be in charge is clinical megalomania. :)

Their actions speak for themselves. When have you heard a recent President take responsibility for unpopular decisions?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHXq8TRejow]Telling Lies - YouTube[/ame]

Like breaking the law and lying about it?

Yeah..great guy.

That must have been where he said if you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period..... :thup:

No, it was when he (reagan) said government was the problem, not the solution. And then he spent us into debt. Probably not a president that ever lived that didn't lie at one time or another.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back