Why Can't Christians Speak to Ghosts?

On the other hand, I can see why this might be a bad idea after all. Not sure if slime is washable.

I decided to put this thread into paranormal instead of religion because people are a whole lot friendlier down here and other Christians scare me for the most part lol

Anyways, we have a family member that apparently is a ghost and I feel like I shouldn't want to be contacting him since I'm a Christian, but does the Bible mean that ALL spirits can't be contacted or is it just a warning saying that you should just be careful who or what you're letting in?

And yes the paranormal fascinates me. I know that it isn't biblical but if the Bible wrote everything in it about this life and the next, it would have a whole entire library for it. Besides that I've seen proof that the paranormal exists and I believe that's either because the spirit got lost from here to the hereafter or has unfinished business, but who really knows for sure.

If you think you are in contact with a spirit that claims to be of a dead person, it is much more likely that it is a devil, impersonating such a spirit.

No comment. I'm not getting in to this, one troll too many

Understandable. Btw, it is in my experience that God won't punish a confused sinner looking for answers, it's one that willingly sins and doesn't care about it, because it's like I said before, I'm very well aware about the Bible says, but from what I remember all it says do not contact the dead and some things in the Bible are sort of abstract.

Like obviously a Christian who has committed the sins of homosexuality and sexual immortality is still going to Heaven if they believe in Jesus yet the Bible says that they are automatically damned to Hell because we're supposed to piece it together for ourselves that only the lost that have committed these sins are forever separated from God.

then you'd be more respectful of it wouldn't you? and you said ...'your religion'...what's that mean?
I respect people. Ideas don't have feelings.

"Your religon"... it means the same as when you say "my religion". But this takes the form of a second-person statement, when I make it, when addressing you. It's how English works.

I decided to put this thread into paranormal instead of religion because people are a whole lot friendlier down here and other Christians scare me for the most part lol

Anyways, we have a family member that apparently is a ghost and I feel like I shouldn't want to be contacting him since I'm a Christian, but does the Bible mean that ALL spirits can't be contacted or is it just a warning saying that you should just be careful who or what you're letting in?

And yes the paranormal fascinates me. I know that it isn't biblical but if the Bible wrote everything in it about this life and the next, it would have a whole entire library for it. Besides that I've seen proof that the paranormal exists and I believe that's either because the spirit got lost from here to the hereafter or has unfinished business, but who really knows for sure.

Net_of_tesseract.gif

The concept of a hypercube, also known as a tesseract, indeed suggests the possibility of higher dimensions. While it is challenging to visualize dimensions beyond the three we are familiar with, the hypercube is a geometric representation that provides insight into the concept of higher dimensions.A hypercube is essentially a four-dimensional analog of a cube. Just as a cube consists of a series of squares connected together, a hypercube consists of a series of cubes connected in the fourth dimension.

Although we cannot directly perceive this fourth dimension, we can explore its properties and implications mathematically.The existence of the hypercube suggests that higher dimensions are mathematically plausible. It implies that there may be dimensions beyond the three spatial dimensions we experience in everyday life. While this does not serve as direct proof of higher dimensions, it does open up the possibility and sparks further exploration and research into the topic.

Physicists and mathematicians have also developed various theoretical frameworks, such as string theory and M-theory, in an attempt to understand and explain the existence of higher dimensions. These theories propose that there may be more than three spatial dimensions, and they utilize mathematical constructs to describe objects and phenomena in these higher-dimensional spaces.

Although empirical evidence for higher dimensions is still lacking, the concept of the hypercube serves as an intriguing theoretical hint that higher dimensions are highly likely to exist. As our understanding of physics and mathematics continues to advance, it is possible that future discoveries may shed more light on the existence and nature of these higher dimensions.

Even though human beings are unable to visually perceive electromagnetic waves such as radio waves, their existence is not invalidated. Similarly, Christians may not possess the ability to directly communicate with spirits, yet this does not discredit the existence of spirits. :)

Jesus raised the dead, the dead are not dead and can communicate. I believe most of the time it's an angel message from God. In instances where the dead are in between and there is confusion, sometimes anger, or darkness, you would treat it the same way you do a person in the flesh who has a dark side, sadness or anger. Pray for them. I don't think all contact is bad, when loved ones pass on sometimes relatives see them or dream a message from them.

Personally, I just ask God about that stuff and not humans.

Jesus raised the dead, the dead are not dead and can communicate. I believe most of the time it's an angel message from God. In instances where the dead are in between and there is confusion, sometimes anger, or darkness, you would treat it the same way you do a person in the flesh who has a dark side, sadness or anger. Pray for them. I don't think all contact is bad, when loved ones pass on sometimes relatives see them or dream a message from them.

Personally, I just ask God about that stuff and not humans.

God revealed to the prophet Joseph Smith, as recorded in Doctrine & Covenants 129, how to know what kind of being one is dealing with.
  1. There are two kinds of beings in heaven, namely: Angels, who are resurrected personages, having bodies of flesh and bones—
  2. For instance, Jesus said: Handle me and see, for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
  3. Secondly: the spirits of just men made perfect, they who are not resurrected, but inherit the same glory.
  4. When a messenger comes saying he has a message from God, offer him your hand and request him to shake hands with you.
  5. If he be an angel he will do so, and you will feel his hand.
  6. If he be the spirit of a just man made perfect he will come in his glory; for that is the only way he can appear—
  7. Ask him to shake hands with you, but he will not move, because it is contrary to the order of heaven for a just man to deceive; but he will still deliver his message.
  8. If it be the devil as an angel of light, when you ask him to shake hands he will offer you his hand, and you will not feel anything; you may therefore detect him.
  9. These are three grand keys whereby you may know whether any administration is from God.

Forum List

Back