Why can only Whites be Racist?

I worked emergency services for years and would have to do ride alongs with the cops.

The cops told me 95% of the drugs coming into the County were from black gangs in the city. One of the cops I was with pulled a car full of black guys coming in from the city. It was classic driving while black.

There were no drugs the cop could find in the car, but one of the guys had a felony arrest warrant. Score one for the cop.

The situation made me uncomfortable, but the cops know their communities and generally know who is committing the crimes.

There is a massive crime problem with blacks in America. Those are the facts and cannot be argued. To say so is not racist. Facts are not racist.

Yes....the criminal justice system is not fair....and it should be. But to imply blacks don't have a big part of the responsibility is equally ridiculous. Behavior with the cops needs to change....but also behaviors in the black community.
I am an engineer and work with many black engineers who relate similar stories. They are well educated, well spoken and polite but have told me of similar treatment from cops on fishing expeditions

I have been hassled by cops...have you?
Never

I have not been stopped in over 15 years and even then was asked for my documentation and given a warning. Black males are not given the same treatment.

Really....how do you know that?

And do blacks have any responsibility for the perception many in law enforcement and America have of them? There is a major crime problem in the black community.

Does that contribute to the problem in your opinion?

Again, how is a law abiding, well educated black man responsible for the actions of the black community?

An American has a presumption of innocence regardless of the color of his skin
I'll do you one better. Why is it when a white person kills someone it doesnt reflect on the entire white culture?

Actually, there's a very simple answer for that ..... there is not a violent perception of the white culture, so when it happens, it is seen as an outlier.

Unfortunately ... there IS a perception of violence attached to the black culture, so when it happens, it's filling expectations.

Right or wrong ... that's how it is.

I worked emergency services for years and would have to do ride alongs with the cops.

The cops told me 95% of the drugs coming into the County were from black gangs in the city. One of the cops I was with pulled a car full of black guys coming in from the city. It was classic driving while black.

There were no drugs the cop could find in the car, but one of the guys had a felony arrest warrant. Score one for the cop.

The situation made me uncomfortable, but the cops know their communities and generally know who is committing the crimes.

There is a massive crime problem with blacks in America. Those are the facts and cannot be argued. To say so is not racist. Facts are not racist.

Yes....the criminal justice system is not fair....and it should be. But to imply blacks don't have a big part of the responsibility is equally ridiculous. Behavior with the cops needs to change....but also behaviors in the black community.
Blacks are 5X more likely to commit a homicide than whites and 3X more likely to commit a violent crime.

Are cops all racist or prudent? I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

What does that mean to an innocent well educated black male driving down the street at night?

I visited my best friend in the world in OH some years ago.. He is black.
Driving through a town in NE OH (and I know the lay of the land there), he said to me, on a major road, "within 4 blocks, I will be stopped". And I said, "why?", to which he replied: "DWB" (driving while black). I didn't believe it.

Sure enough, at the third block, a police car appeared behind us and pulled us over. My friend has a very nice car, in good shape, clean, keeps his sports stuff (bike helmet, baseball gloves, bat, balls, golf stuff) in the trunk. So, my friend already had his ID out, including the papers for the car. The cop comes to the window and in a very gruff voice, said, "identification". My friend, in perfect English, without a trace of ebonics, said, "Hello, officer, certainly. BTW, I am pretty sure I was driving within the speed limit. Is there a problem?" The cop ignored him as if he didn't even exist and then looked at me and said "everything ok with you, is this man bothering you?" By "this man", he meant me friend in the driver's seat. I was about to cuss the cop out, but my friend gave me a friendly look that meant 'stay cool', so I said, "everything is fine, officer, the driver is my best friend. Why in the world would you ask such a question of a passenger?" He then turned to my friend and barked: "open the trunk", which my friend did. The cop looked through the sports stuff and then said, "now, why would a black boy want to be playing golf"? At that moment, another police car showed up; it was a policeman who is a common friend to both of us. While the 1st cop was talking to me, my friend texted him (the 2nd cop), and he was on patrol not far away. The two cops talked among each other for about 2 minutes, the first cop was visibly angered that his colleague stepped in, but let us go. The next day, since I recorded the scene in audio on my smartfon, I went straight to the police station in Brecksville, OH and registered a formal complaint against that officer.

Apparently, he had a long history of harassing black residents in his area. My friend told me that that very cop had stopped him a number of times, even knew his name, knew where he lived, the whole nine yards. That cop was suspended about 3 weeks after my vacation in the USA ended, for a number of investigations, including the incident with my friend, which was totally unprovoked. I asked my friend how he could stay so calm and he said to me: "DWB has been a crime in the eyes of some cops in lots of places for a long time. The only way to survive it is to be especially polite, because those type of cops are just itchin' for a way to take you in and book you."

I will never forget that incident. And without that other cop, a friend of the "family" and a really good guy all around, that incident could have gotten very, very ugly.

So, I've seen the ugliness first hand. No cop has ever stopped me like that or handled me like that.

I am an engineer and work with many black engineers who relate similar stories. They are well educated, well spoken and polite but have told me of similar treatment from cops on fishing expeditions

Never

I have not been stopped in over 15 years and even then was asked for my documentation and given a warning. Black males are not given the same treatment.

1) I find it hard to believe you've haven't had any interaction with the police in 15 years.

2) I certainly have ... and I can assure you I'm the whitest guy you know. And, yes, they asked for my documentation.

Never

And do blacks have any responsibility for the perception many in law enforcement and America have of them? There is a major crime problem in the black community.

Again, how is a law abiding, well educated black man responsible for the actions of the black community?

I'll do you one better. Why is it when a white person kills someone it doesnt reflect on the entire white culture?

Actually, there's a very simple answer for that ..... there is not a violent perception of the white culture, so when it happens, it is seen as an outlier.

Unfortunately ... there IS a perception of violence attached to the black culture, so when it happens, it's filling expectations.

I disagree. Plenty of non-white people have a perception of violence in white culture. The only difference is those people dont own the systems that deliver those narratives to the population at large. You control the narrative then you control the perceptions.

Never

I don't know...Ask Jeffery Dahmer

Never

It can, but then the same applies to blacks. The problem is ratio and the sheer violence of black Americans.

Never

I disagree. Plenty of non-white people have a perception of violence in white culture. The only difference is those people dont own the systems that deliver those narratives to the population at large. You control the narrative then you control the perceptions.

Do you agree, or not, that there is an undercurrent of violence in the black culture?

I'd be interested in these "non-white people [that] have a perception of violence in white culture"

Do you agree, or not, that there is an undercurrent of violence in the black culture?

I'd be interested in these "non-white people [that] have a perception of violence in white culture"
I disagree there is an undercurrent of violence in the Black culture. If you dont know what Black culture is then I could see why you would think that.

Go ask one that you think would be honest with you. Start with Columbus discovering America and let him/her go from there.

I disagree there is an undercurrent of violence in the Black culture. If you dont know what Black culture is then I could see why you would think that.

Go ask one that you think would be honest with you. Start with Columbus discovering America and let him/her go from there.

If we were talking about Columbus, I'd do just that ... but we aren't. We are talking about today.

First, let me clarify something ... when I spoke of the black culture, I really should have said 'black community'. Sorry if that clouded the issue.

Would it be wise for me to walk thru the ghetto at night? Would it be wise for you to walk thru Palm Springs at night?

Why is the crime rate so much higher in the black community than in the white community?

Why is the murder rate so much higher in the black community than in the white community?

Face it --- there is a perception of violence in the black community that is, in general, well deserved. We can discuss the reasons why, but, first, we have to admit it exists.

By the way --- I presume YOU are being honest with me. If not, then we need to just stop now.

If we were talking about Columbus, I'd do just that ... but we aren't. We are talking about today.

Would it be wise for me to walk thru the ghetto at night? Would it be wise for you to walk thru Palm Springs at night?

Why is the crime rate so much higher in the black community than in the white community?

Why is the murder rate so much higher in the black community than in the white community?

Face it --- there is a perception of violence in the black community that is, in general, well deserved. We can discuss the reasons why, but, first, we have to admit it exists.

By the way --- I presume YOU are being honest with me. If not, then we need to just stop now.
Columbus is an example of a violent white person. I didnt ask you to set parameters. We are talking about violence.

Depends on what you are doing. I walked through ghettos at night and nothing happened.

The crime rate is higher in the Black community due economic depression and BS laws that target Black people.

See above. Now after we finish comparing rates lets ask why whites commit more crime if they are so great and non violent?

A liberal will never admit their is a violence and crime problem with blacks in America. It just won't happen. :(

See...that would involve blacks taking some personal responsibility. Liberals do not believe in personal responsibility...for anyone....but particularly for blacks.

So it's always gonna be the white man's fault. Always.

Columbus is an example of a violent white person. I didnt ask you to set parameters. We are talking about violence.

Depends on what you are doing. I walked through ghettos at night and nothing happened.

The crime rate is higher in the Black community due economic depression and BS laws that target Black people.

See above. Now after we finish comparing rates lets ask why whites commit more crime if they are so great and non violent?

We were not talking about reality ... we were talking about perception.

Your own words belie your argument ... "the crime rate is higher in the black community... ". Ergo, the black community is perceived to be more violent.

WHY isn't the issue of this discussion.

I have never seen any liberal admit there is a crime problem in the black community. It will not happen. Sorry to disappoint you. :(

There is even less chance that a liberal will admit that the violence and criminality in any way contributes to how blacks are treated by law enforcement.

As a result....there can never be an honest discussion about the problem.

Now....I can admit the criminal justice system is often stacked against blacks. There is data to support this. But I am generally intellectually honest....liberals are never intellectually honest.

From a liberal perspective....the problem is whites are racist....cops are racist....and blacks are helpless victims who bear no responsibility for problems in their community.

Never

When there is a serial killer on the loose....why don't they start rounding up white people?

Never

When there is a serial killer on the loose....why don't they start rounding up white people?

Fallacious argument....but it's all you've got. :( And whites are profiled in serial killer cases which makes my point.

Still when half of homicides in the US are committed by 12% of the population you have major problem. And no...half those homicides are not white serial killers.

Last chance to be intellectually honest or will it be more bullshit? :D

Been told only white's are racist. WTF??? Hell I see more Blacks being racist than whites. Obama, Holder, Sharpton (a ****** if I ever saw one) etc. What the hell did we do? We don't kill each other as they do. Most whites know and take care of their babies. Most white women have babies from one guy. Not trying to screw everyone to get more welfare money. To me ****** is a condition not a color, but damn most blacks have that condition. Lincoln did right by freeing them but screwed up by not shipping them back to Africa.

African American my ass. Your great grandparents can make that claim maybe but not your mooching off the govt because your to damn lazy and drunk and high to work ass.
Your post is proof that white racists are dumb

I have never seen any liberal admit there is a crime problem in the black community. It will not happen. Sorry to disappoint you. :(

There is even less chance that a liberal will admit that the violence and criminality in any way contributes to how blacks are treated by law enforcement.

Now....I can admit the criminal justice system is often stacked against blacks. There is data to support this. But I am generally intellectually honest....liberals are never intellectually honest.

From a liberal perspective....the problem is whites are racist....cops are racist....and blacks are helpless victims who bear no responsibility for problems in their community.

For that perspective to work, then all men deserve more scrutiny by police, because crime is an overwhelmingly male problem.

Funny, it doesn't work quite like that.

Never

You ever seen the cops 'round up' black people because there was a serial killer on the loose?

Me either.

Have you seen them go into black neighborhoods when the suspect is identified as being black?

Me too.

For that perspective to work, then all men deserve more scrutiny by police, because crime is an overwhelmingly male problem.

Funny, it doesn't work quite like that.

Actually, it does work EXACTLY like that.

Never

Fallacious argument....but it's all you've got. :( And whites are profiled in serial killer cases which makes my point.

Still when half of homicides in the US are committed by 12% of the population you have major problem. And no...half those homicides are not white serial killers.

Last chance to be intellectually honest or will it be more bullshit? :D
Do cops start pulling over young white males when there is a serial killer on the loose?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back